Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

Mookie

Reaction score
After seeing him get picked by Dallas in some drafts (Walter Football), etc I thought it was a stupid, at first I was kind of annoyed by this pick, so I just moved onto other draft sites, however just today I decided to watch some of his highlights. My GOD! I am conviced, after watching him he is a Terrell Owens in Calvin Johnson's body with Cris Carters' hands. He may even be a better receiver today than Dez Bryant, and Dez is a special receiver, he seems like the surest pick and a sure star in this league.

Just imagine him lining up next to Dez, Witten, Williams and Beasley. We would have the strongest offense in football easily. We'd be the 2000s Rams with Holt, Bruce and that running game. I salivate like a Pavlov's dog just thinking about how explosive and dangerous the offense would be with that dominating Offensive Line and Tony Romo.

The defense we can address via Free Agency and the later rounds, and a quarterback? Sure, Goff seems very intriguing and tempting, but we are in a WIN NOW mode, he couldn't even help us if Romo were to get injured as a rookie I don't think, so maybe get a Free Agent type Kitna, the best we can find, and draft Treadwell, that'd by my best wish!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Love watching this guy.
Not so sure about and Calvin Johnson physical comps (Calvin is 6'5, was 20 lbs heavier, and ran a 4.35 forty, and had a 42 inch vertical....so superior in all physical areas)
I just have a real hard time using the 4th overall on a WR. There are just SO many really good WRs coming out very year lately

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Rumors were Jerry was wanting Beckham if he was at our pick. I would keep an eye out for Dallas wanting Treadwell

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
I'm down if Goff, Bosa, and Tunsil are gone...

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
I've not seen him play much. Separation and quickness seem like issues in the vids I've seen leaving me to wonder if he will be as dominant as a pro. Is that not the case?

rags747

Reaction score
Rumors were Jerry was wanting Beckham if he was at our pick. I would keep an eye out for Dallas wanting Treadwell

Yeah Dallas definitely would have done Beckham. I have no issue taking Treadwell at 4 if we decide one of the qb's doesn't match up. Reminds me a lot of Dez. We definitely need another #2 receiver, would open everything up for the run game, TE, and the slot receivers.

btcutter

Reaction score
The Next Dominating WR is still playing at Alabama. Calvin Ridley!

He is a 3 level player like Beckham Jr. He had good size, body control, hands, quickness + speed to threaten defense at every level. THAT is a dominating WR.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Next Dominating WR is still playing at Alabama. Calvin Ridley!

He is a 3 level player like Beckham Jr. He had good size, body control, hands, quickness + speed to threaten defense at every level. THAT is a dominating WR.

Ridley is a very real talent but he is also OLDER than Treadwell while still being a freshman. And at one Nike camp he ran a 4.65 40. He did improve that to 4.54 at The Opening.

But he doesn't have any more speed than Treadwell....

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Treadwell is a very good player but in no way is he worth a top 5 pick imo. I would be pretty unhappy with that selection if Goff, Bosa, or Ramsey are sitting there. And I doubt we go that route anyways.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Treadwell is not the kind of reciever we need. We already have a possession, jump ball reciever. We need a complimentary WR to vary the offense. Someone who can stretch the field is desperately needed. Right now we lack that and are only effective in 2 of the 3 areas a team will need to defend. Treadwell is a Dez lite. Now if Amari Cooper or K. White were in this draft, they would have complimented Dez better.

Last edited: