Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

btcutter

Reaction score
Ridley is a very real talent but he is also OLDER than Treadwell while still being a freshman. And at one Nike camp he ran a 4.65 40. He did improve that to 4.54 at The Opening.

But he doesn't have any more speed than Treadwell....

I don't know what his 40 time is but he gets behind defenses and runs away from defenders. Sure plays a lot faster than the CBs and S covering him. Kinda like DeShaun Jackson who's 40 time drops him into the 2nd round but he plays faster than anyone around him.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I don't know what his 40 time is but he gets behind defenses and runs away from defenders. Sure plays a lot faster than the CBs and S covering him. Kinda like DeShaun Jackson who's 40 time drops him into the 2nd round but he plays faster than anyone around him.

Never heard of DeShaun Jackson but I agree Ridley is very fast in actual football speed. Almost identical in size/speed to Treadwell now.
Part of Ridley running away from people is team's stacking the box against the man child that is Derrick Henry.

If you were referring to former Cal Wr DeSean Jackson he ran a 4.35 40 and didn't fall due to speed but injury, size and attitude.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
"We Don't Need Another Possession Receiver"

Ummm did you guys watch the 2015 season?

The season of injuries AND TONS OF DROPPED PASSES.....

Even Dez was dropping stuff hitting him in the ole breadbasket...

Either our guys are crazy loyal to Romo and dropped passes on purpose or we have a WR core that can't catch for SHEET...........

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score
After seeing him get picked by Dallas in some drafts (Walter Football), etc I thought it was a stupid, at first I was kind of annoyed by this pick, so I just moved onto other draft sites, however just today I decided to watch some of his highlights. My GOD! I am conviced, after watching him he is a Terrell Owens in Calvin Johnson's body with Cris Carters' hands. He may even be a better receiver today than Dez Bryant, and Dez is a special receiver, he seems like the surest pick and a sure star in this league.

Just imagine him lining up next to Dez, Witten, Williams and Beasley. We would have the strongest offense in football easily. We'd be the 2000s Rams with Holt, Bruce and that running game. I salivate like a Pavlov's dog just thinking about how explosive and dangerous the offense would be with that dominating Offensive Line and Tony Romo.

The defense we can address via Free Agency and the later rounds, and a quarterback? Sure, Goff seems very intriguing and tempting, but we are in a WIN NOW mode, he couldn't even help us if Romo were to get injured as a rookie I don't think, so maybe get a Free Agent type Kitna, the best we can find, and draft Treadwell, that'd by my best wish!

If the Boys don't go QB, then Treadwell is the next best IMO

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'd love a guy like Treadwell. Not only would it give us one of if not THE best tandems at the position but it would also improve our run game. He's a physical receiver with speed, great hands and YAC YAC YAC.

Dwight

Reaction score
4 win teams teams should never be in " win now" mode

I do feel that our team should feel that winning it now next season is important due to Romo's age.

However, I understand your point. This team has some major needs such as QB, WR, DE (if Hardy goes to another team), DT, LB, RT, RB and Safety.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do feel that our team should feel that winning it now next season is important due to Romo's age.

However, I understand your point. This team has some major needs such as QB, WR, DE (if Hardy goes to another team), DT, LB, RT, RB and Safety.

Plus the draft is never "win now". You use draft picks to build your future as well as manage your cap. If your looking to win now, Free Agency is where you look

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ridley is a very real talent but he is also OLDER than Treadwell while still being a freshman. And at one Nike camp he ran a 4.65 40. He did improve that to 4.54 at The Opening.

But he doesn't have any more speed than Treadwell....

I am shocked to hear he ran that slow. His scouting reports from HS all say 4.5. He definitely has football speed. He also runs very crisp routes and has versatility to play inside and out.

JBS

Reaction score
If we get "this" guy we will have the best offense in the nfl easily...said like 100x in the last ten years..we've gotten "that" guy like 40 times out of those 100...and we've NEVER had the best offense in the nfl...let alone easily

Dwight

Reaction score
Plus the draft is never "win now". You use draft picks to build your future as well as manage your cap. If your looking to win now, Free Agency is where you look

Dude, I agree. The draft is to build your team for the future.

However, I have reservations about free agency being used to win now. That has burnt teams more than helped. I would use free agency for role players and to add depth if the team is already stack with talent.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Ezekiel Elliott would have a bigger impact .

True, but Treadwell looks like Dez already but with better hands. The 2nd round RBs are almost as good as Elliot IMO, if we draft the right RB in the second round and Treadwell in the first, we are a Super Bowl team (assuming Romo is fairly healthy) no matter what the defense does.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
We need a WR who can step in and be a #1 if Dez goes down, you seen what happened this year.... Treadwell is a 1B/great #2

btcutter

Reaction score
I am shocked to hear he ran that slow. His scouting reports from HS all say 4.5. He definitely has football speed. He also runs very crisp routes and has versatility to play inside and out.

Honestly I am skeptical of all these reported 40 times. Furthermore, these times are all run in shorts in underwear Olympics. I trust my eyes more than anything else. This kid is plenty fast.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
"We Don't Need Another Possession Receiver"

Ummm did you guys watch the 2015 season?

The season of injuries AND TONS OF DROPPED PASSES.....

Even Dez was dropping stuff hitting him in the ole breadbasket...

Either our guys are crazy loyal to Romo and dropped passes on purpose or we have a WR core that can't catch for SHEET...........

Laquan has great hands, I am just worried about his 4.5 speed and not being able to get separation at the NFL level

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dude, I agree. The draft is to build your team for the future.

However, I have reservations about free agency being used to win now. That has burnt teams more than helped. I would use free agency for role players and to add depth if the team is already stack with talent.

Your right, and ths larger issue is you cant vault yourself into the Super Bowl in one offseason. That's where teams fail. Two things you cant expect when building a team is 1) A rookie coming in and shaping your season. We have gotten lucky there with Frederick and Martin. A Jones type impact is the most you have to expect from a rookie at any position in the draft. 2) Signing multiple " impact" free agents and expecting them to pusg you over the top. 1) They have to gel, which usually doesnt happen 2 )They become a financial burden down the round

I will say that in our situation, if we are looking to make another push in 2016, Id prefer they add a high quality starter at a need position ( A Lamar Miller, or an Eric Berry if he actually hits the market) and look to fill some holes with system type players. And use that draft pick to build a stronger team in the future, whether thats a QB, Bosa, or a Myles Jack or whoever. I probably shouldn't mention players because thats all opinion and that always difference. But we cant look at that draft pick as an instant pro bowler or all pro thats going to shape our season. We have to expect a Byron Jones and not a Zach Martin because an impact like that is rare. Hell Watt had 5 sacks as a rookie

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Laquan has great hands, I am just worried about his 4.5 speed and not being able to get separation at the NFL level

Active WRs who have ran 4.5 seconds or slower

- DeAndre Hopkins
- Dez Bryant
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Anquan Boldin
- AJ Green
- Allen Robinson
- Allen Hurns
- Brandon Marshall
- Julian Edelman
- Danny Amendola
- Jarvis Landry

Speed certainly isn't everything. I want Treadwell for our pick regardless of who else might be available.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Active WRs who have ran 4.5 seconds or slower

- DeAndre Hopkins
- Dez Bryant
- Larry Fitzgerald
- Anquan Boldin
- AJ Green
- Allen Robinson
- Allen Hurns
- Brandon Marshall
- Julian Edelman
- Danny Amendola
- Jarvis Landry

Speed certainly isn't everything. I want Treadwell for our pick regardless of who else might be available.

The point is about being complimentary, not that they are bad WRs

Usually if you have a big, powerful WR like Dez, you want to compliment that with a quicker and faster WR. Or if you have a power back you want to compliment that with a speed back

You typically don't compliment with a clone of what you already have, that's all I am saying