Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

Dwight

Reaction score
Your right, and ths larger issue is you cant vault yourself into the Super Bowl in one offseason. That's where teams fail. Two things you cant expect when building a team is 1) A rookie coming in and shaping your season. We have gotten lucky there with Frederick and Martin. A Jones type impact is the most you have to expect from a rookie at any position in the draft. 2) Signing multiple " impact" free agents and expecting them to pusg you over the top. 1) They have to gel, which usually doesnt happen 2 )They become a financial burden down the round

I will say that in our situation, if we are looking to make another push in 2016, Id prefer they add a high quality starter at a need position ( A Lamar Miller, or an Eric Berry if he actually hits the market) and look to fill some holes with system type players. And use that draft pick to build a stronger team in the future, whether thats a QB, Bosa, or a Myles Jack or whoever. I probably shouldn't mention players because thats all opinion and that always difference. But we cant look at that draft pick as an instant pro bowler or all pro thats going to shape our season. We have to expect a Byron Jones and not a Zach Martin because an impact like that is rare. Hell Watt had 5 sacks as a rookie

Great points.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah Dallas definitely would have done Beckham. I have no issue taking Treadwell at 4 if we decide one of the qb's doesn't match up. Reminds me a lot of Dez. We definitely need another #2 receiver, would open everything up for the run game, TE, and the slot receivers.

Our offense would be hard to stop with those weapons. If we can't find our QB let's surround him with great talent so when we do get one he will have help

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
We need a WR who can step in and be a #1 if Dez goes down, you seen what happened this year.... Treadwell is a 1B/great #2

No we another QB who can step in WHEN Romo goes down. All the firepower At WR and RB won't help if you got trash at QB.

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
i have been on the lynch bandwagon but this Treadwell is the guy we should pick then try to trade back into first for Wentz or Cook

kazzd58

Reaction score
True, but Treadwell looks like Dez already but with better hands. The 2nd round RBs are almost as good as Elliot IMO, if we draft the right RB in the second round and Treadwell in the first, we are a Super Bowl team (assuming Romo is fairly healthy) no matter what the defense does.

we dont need an all world rb we can find a good all around rb in 2nd-3rd round you wont fine a Treadwell in the top of 2nd round ijs

kazzd58

Reaction score
i have been on the lynch bandwagon but this Treadwell is the guy we should pick then try to trade back into first for Wentz or Cook

HIJK L no on Cook... noooooooooooo on Cook I've never seen that it with dude like yea can be a super bowl winning qb
not for the Cowboys but Wentz is really intriguing

kazzd58

Reaction score
The point is about being complimentary, not that they are bad WRs

Usually if you have a big, powerful WR like Dez, you want to compliment that with a quicker and faster WR. Or if you have a power back you want to compliment that with a speed back

You typically don't compliment with a clone of what you already have, that's all I am saying

I'll tell you this Give me 2 Dez's at wr and u take your speed guy and watch my tandem dominate 3rd down which is money down and goal line what are you gonna do? pick your poison imo throw up the X or throw up the T for treadwell double those too then what i can hit the TE RB so much easier to score..... And because they both can high point the ball, attack the ball and make something happen which is almost uncoverable at both wr positions double them my run game gonna take your will, so pick your poison your speed guy can only do so much... you can find those speed guys u cant find those dez's type wr's everyday to where both just off ability alone can take over games and win you games... ijs What do you do as a DB when u r n great positon to make a play and wr still catches the ball.. WR got 2 defenders on him and the WR still catches the ball that could be Dez and Tredwell

Last edited:

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
just imagine.....Dez,Treadwell,Beas,Witten and Dunbar or Run Dmc on the field....hat would be scary

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Honestly I am skeptical of all these reported 40 times. Furthermore, these times are all run in shorts in underwear Olympics. I trust my eyes more than anything else. This kid is plenty fast.

Unless 40 times are electronically measured like they do at the Combine in Indianapolis, they're notoriously inaccurate.

My son, who is in high school, has been to several combines/camps where they time you. His time has varied from 4.4 to 4.6.

The last combine we went to, he timed 4.7. He was angry because he knew he doesn't run a 4.7, and his teammate, who is considerably slower than he, ran a faster time.

They asked the four fastest guys - based on times - to step out for a race. My son stepped out even though they didn't have him running one of the fastest times. They told him to sit down, and he said, "I'm not sitting down. You guys had my time wrong, and I can smoke these dudes."

They liked his spunk and invited him to run with the fastest players (according to their recorded times), even though they didn't believe him.

He smoked them all.

I've been at SEC camps and heard the guys who time. They basically all have different times and estimate what your time is.

It's pitiful.

Plankton

Reaction score

CJNgDx.gif