Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not really... Look at the tandem down in Tampa Bay.

Then if that is the direction the team wants to go, they should look in free agency for an Alshon Jeffery from Chicago.

I just have a very hard time drafting a #2 WR with the 4th overall pick after we lost 11 out of 12 games without Romo.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Then if that is the direction the team wants to go, they should look in free agency for an Alshon Jeffery from Chicago.

I just have a very hard time drafting a #2 WR with the 4th overall pick after we lost 11 out of 12 games without Romo.

Best player available is the key... If the Cowboys deem Treadwell the best you go with him. Plus why would tie big money into Jeffery when you can save money and go younger?

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Best player available is the key... If the Cowboys deem Treadwell to the best you go with him. Plus why would tie big money into Jeffery when you can save money and go younger?

Yea, its going to come down to BPA

My thinking on Jeffery was that you could address the WR need in free agency and that would leave us free to use the 4th pick on a QB or even Bosa if he falls to 4. Bosa would walk in the door as a game 1 starter since it looks like Hardy is probably gone (both Garrett and Steven Jones have been lukewarm on bringing him back. Garrett offered very little praise at all of Hardy and Steven said his sack numbers were disappointing)

We probably have to flip Demarcus Laurance since Bosa would play the LDE spot.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Yea, its going to come down to BPA

My thinking on Jeffery was that you could address the WR need in free agency and that would leave us free to use the 4th pick on a QB or even Bosa if he falls to 4. Bosa would walk in the door as a game 1 starter since it looks like Hardy is probably gone (both Garrett and Steven Jones have been lukewarm on bringing him back. Garrett offered very little praise at all of Hardy and Steven said his sack numbers were disappointing)

We probably have to flip Demarcus Laurance since Bosa would play the LDE spot.

As much as I'd hate it... I think Dallas will re-sign Hardy.

QT

Reaction score
Not really... Look at the tandem down in Tampa Bay.

Or in Atlanta when Roddy was heathy. Roddy was coming out of a season with crazy numbers and they drafted Julio.

About the RB's... Look at this season, main rbs were falling left and right and their replacement was stepping up. (Dwill, Thomas Rawls, Spencer Ware, C West, Duke Johnson, etc)

I think RBs are a dime a dozen. We can draft a RB later. #4- #10 pick for a RB is way too high.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
http://sportsday.***BANNED-URL***/d...ss-wr-laquon-treadwell-early-favorite-cowboys

reddyuta

Reaction score
He is not even as good as Dez was college, you have to remember he had a serious leg injury too.I would consider him if we traded into the teens.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Or in Atlanta when Roddy was heathy. Roddy was coming out of a season with crazy numbers and they drafted Julio.

About the RB's... Look at this season, main rbs were falling left and right and their replacement was stepping up. (Dwill, Thomas Rawls, Spencer Ware, C West, Duke Johnson, etc)

I think RBs are a dime a dozen. We can draft a RB later. #4- #10 pick for a RB is way too high.

Bingo my friend... You can get Alex Collins MAYBE in the 3rd round. I really like that kid, would work perfectly in our zone system.

Reactions: QT