Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

DFWJC

Reaction score
Rumors were Jerry was wanting Beckham if he was at our pick. I would keep an eye out for Dallas wanting Treadwell

True. But Jerry would have committed a mid 1st rounder...huge difference. You can literally almost get two mid 1st round picks for the 4th overall pick...that's paying nearly (not quite) double for Treadwell compared to Beckham.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
True. But Jerry would have committed a mid 1st rounder...huge difference. You can literally almost get two mid 1st round picks for the 4th overall pick...that's paying nearly (not quite) double for Treadwell compared to Beckham.

Would people use the 4th pick on Beckham now that they know his success? If Treadwell helps win us a superbowl I don't care if it's the number 1 pick you take him

DFWJC

Reaction score
nfldraftscout has Treadwell running a 4.42 40 that is faster that Antonio Brown of the steelers and faster than Dez
I'm not trying to be a weenie here, but if you compare each from he same source, your number is probably 4.52
------------------------
Laquon Treadwell
4.42 was his low
4.52 is his standard number
4.62 was his high...according to nfldraftscout

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128304&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

Dez Bryant

pretty much identical
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68811&draftyear=2010&genpos=wr

Antonio Brown

faster than Treadwell per your source
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74466&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Last edited:

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
i got ab and dez from a different source but still 4.52 for dez and treadwell rounded they all come in at 4.5 so treadwell is not slow by any means. I just think with the way our recievers looked last year that Treadwell will probably give our offense a huge boost....

DFWJC

Reaction score
i got ab and dez from a different source but still 4.52 for dez and treadwell rounded they all come in at 4.5 so treadwell is not slow by any means. I just think with the way our recievers looked last year that Treadwell will probably give our offense a huge boost....

True. Treadwell is plenty fast

I wouldn't spend the 4th overall on him, but that's just a person preference and nothing against the actual player.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Would people use the 4th pick on Beckham now that they know his success? If Treadwell helps win us a superbowl I don't care if it's the number 1 pick you take him

Tough question for me actually.

For example, in that exact same draft for the value of the 4th pick you could easily have still gotten Zach martin plus could have added Kelvin Benjamin.
The 4th overall for a WR is really steep...jmo.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
However 4 win teams should never pass up the best player available either and he "could" be by a decent margin.

Treadwell. Naw, I doubt it it. Not top 5 good to me. Not Cooper or Watkins or Julio or Green good.

robjay04

Reaction score
It seems like receivers drafted in the top half of the first round have a very good success rate recently. I would be all for this pick.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
The people who are in the "we need a receiver to stretch the field" camp crack me up. We have a 36 year old quarterback whom we are trying not to get killed. We don't need him holding on to the ball for 4+ seconds waiting for someone to get deep. That'll get Romo killed. Treadwell is a stud, and he would immediately change our offense. Combine him with Dixon (RB) in the 2nd round, or a good Free Agent, and this offense would be incredible. Even Garrett couldn't **** it up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Treadwell. Naw, I doubt it it. Not top 5 good to me. Not Cooper or Watkins or Julio or Green good.

Whether he is as good as those you listed does not matter.

What matters is if he is better than the other players available at that slot in this specific draft.

Paxton nor Goff are better than some of the other QB's taking in some of the last drafts...however they will be taken at the high end of THIS draft.

QT

Reaction score
I was also questioning the #4 pick of LT, but then I thought about it and it makes sense.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Whether he is as good as those you listed does not matter.

What matters is if he is better than the other players available at that slot in this specific draft.

Paxton nor Goff are better than some of the other QB's taking in some of the last drafts...however they will be taken at the high end of THIS draft.

Honestly I dont think he is a better overall prospect then Goff or Lynch. Overall regardless of position or position importanance I have Goff at #4 behind Tunsil, Bosa and Jack and Lynch at 7 with Stanley and Elliott ahead of him. Treadwell I have at 10 with Robinson, Hargreaves amd Ohgba ahead of him

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Tough question for me actually.

For example, in that exact same draft for the value of the 4th pick you could easily have still gotten Zach martin plus could have added Kelvin Benjamin.
The 4th overall for a WR is really steep...jmo.

Martin wasn't the question. Knowing what you know would you take Beckham, Rice, CJ at 4

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not trying to be a weenie here, but if you compare each from he same source, your number is probably 4.52
------------------------
Laquon Treadwell
4.42 was his low
4.52 is his standard number
4.62 was his high...according to nfldraftscout

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128304&draftyear=2017&genpos=WR

Dez Bryant

pretty much identical
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=68811&draftyear=2010&genpos=wr

Antonio Brown

faster than Treadwell per your source
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=74466&draftyear=2010&genpos=WR

Those are all guesses of what they think the will run as well

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I dont think he is a better overall prospect then Goff or Lynch. Overall regardless of position or position importanance I have Goff at #4 behind Tunsil, Bosa and Jack and Lynch at 7 with Stanley and Elliott ahead of him. Treadwell I have at 10 with Robinson, Hargreaves amd Ohgba ahead of him

However...I don't think the team is going to go by your or my rankings of these players...Chances are they will go with their own rankings.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
However...I don't think the team is going to go by your or my rankings of these players...Chances are they will go with their own rankings.

But I can only go with what I see. And from what I see in Treadwell, I dont see a 4th overall type player. I see 10th-15th overall type guy. I just dont see him being at the top of our board when we pick

QT

Reaction score
Irvin was a 4.6 guy...

Yes, Irvin is the true possession WR with lack of speed. I remember watching him get caught at the 1 or 2 yard line many times, thus that's why Emmitt had 20+ rushing TDs in a year.