Laquon Treadwell; the next dominant WR in football

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'll tell you this Give me 2 Dez's at wr and u take your speed guy and watch my tandem dominate 3rd down which is money down and goal line what are you gonna do? pick your poison imo throw up the X or throw up the T for treadwell double those too then what i can hit the TE RB so much easier to score..... And because they both can high point the ball, attack the ball and make something happen which is almost uncoverable at both wr positions double them my run game gonna take your will, so pick your poison your speed guy can only do so much... you can find those speed guys u cant find those dez's type wr's everyday to where both just off ability alone can take over games and win you games... ijs What do you do as a DB when u r n great positon to make a play and wr still catches the ball.. WR got 2 defenders on him and the WR still catches the ball that could be Dez and Tredwell

If he is as good as you are saying, then I am on board with it.

I am really looking forward to his combine and see what type of numbers he post.

btcutter

Reaction score
I'll tell you this Give me 2 Dez's at wr and u take your speed guy and watch my tandem dominate 3rd down which is money down and goal line what are you gonna do? pick your poison imo throw up the X or throw up the T for treadwell double those too then what i can hit the TE RB so much easier to score..... And because they both can high point the ball, attack the ball and make something happen which is almost uncoverable at both wr positions double them my run game gonna take your will, so pick your poison your speed guy can only do so much... you can find those speed guys u cant find those dez's type wr's everyday to where both just off ability alone can take over games and win you games... ijs What do you do as a DB when u r n great positon to make a play and wr still catches the ball.. WR got 2 defenders on him and the WR still catches the ball that could be Dez and Tredwell

You can have your two Dez.

I'll take a Dez + Beckham or Hopkins or Brown. The latter group can high point the ball and have great hands as well + speed. They are not mutually exclusive.

The point is that you want the opposing D to have to respect all three levels on the field which makes Dez, Witten and your RB all the more effective.

Playing all 22 players in the box just isn't a good offensive philosophy.

robjay04

Reaction score

I'll take a Dez + Beckham or Hopkins or Brown. The latter group can high point the ball and have great hands as well + speed. They are not mutually exclusive.

The point is that you want the opposing D to have to respect all three levels on the field which makes Dez, Witten and your RB all the more effective.

I won't be mad if we take Treadwell but I completely agree with what you are saying. The team is missing a receiver that defenses fear on the back end. I want to land that receiver in this draft but unfortunately, I know too little about the players to know if there is an option available.

I will say this, another Dez will make the team better.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This is my choice for our #4 pick. This guy is a game changer and can stretch the field. We are not even sure if Dez can regain his form with that injury. Getting Treadwell is insurance as this guy is another OBJ and Amari Cooper type of player.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
However...I don't think the team is going to go by your or my rankings of these players...Chances are they will go with their own rankings.

Good point.........we have no idea how the Cowboy's scouts actually rate these guys.

Its all just speculation by us fans right now.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This is my choice for our #4 pick. This guy is a game changer and can stretch the field. We are not even sure if Dez can regain his form with that injury. Getting Treadwell is insurance as this guy is another OBJ and Amari Cooper type of player.

Good point..........if they are worried that Dez ***** up his foot and wont be the same player ever again, then Treadwell makes a ton of sense. (see Hakeem Nicks for player with jones fracture who was never the same again)

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Ridley is a very real talent but he is also OLDER than Treadwell while still being a freshman. And at one Nike camp he ran a 4.65 40. He did improve that to 4.54 at The Opening.

But he doesn't have any more speed than Treadwell....

I will take Treadwell all day long vs Ridley.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
The people who are in the "we need a receiver to stretch the field" camp crack me up. We have a 36 year old quarterback whom we are trying not to get killed. We don't need him holding on to the ball for 4+ seconds waiting for someone to get deep. That'll get Romo killed. Treadwell is a stud, and he would immediately change our offense. Combine him with Dixon (RB) in the 2nd round, or a good Free Agent, and this offense would be incredible. Even Garrett couldn't **** it up.

Not to mention it worked for the Bears when they had Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey. Luke McCown looked like an elite quarterback the year he filled in for Cutler.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not to mention it worked for the Bears when they had Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey. Luke McCown looked like an elite quarterback the year he filled in for Cutler.

Speaking of the Bears, word is that they told Matt Forte they are not going to resign him.

What about pairing Forte with McFadden next season?

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Speaking of the Bears, word is that they told Matt Forte they are not going to resign him.

What about pairing Forte with McFadden next season?

I'm always leery about giving big contracts out to runningbacks due to their age. Plus Forte has had a lot of touches throughout his career, so one has to wonder when he's going to start declining.

I would personally prefer a runningback in the 2-4 round area.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I'm always leery about giving big contracts out to runningbacks due to their age. Plus Forte has had a lot of touches throughout his career, so one has to wonder when he's going to start declining.

I would personally prefer a runningback in the 2-4 round area.

Yea, you are probably right...........the Bears probably know something and that is why they are letting him walk.........he may be used up.

Wood

Reaction score
After seeing him get picked by Dallas in some drafts (Walter Football), etc I thought it was a stupid, at first I was kind of annoyed by this pick, so I just moved onto other draft sites, however just today I decided to watch some of his highlights. My GOD! I am conviced, after watching him he is a Terrell Owens in Calvin Johnson's body with Cris Carters' hands. He may even be a better receiver today than Dez Bryant, and Dez is a special receiver, he seems like the surest pick and a sure star in this league.

Just imagine him lining up next to Dez, Witten, Williams and Beasley. We would have the strongest offense in football easily. We'd be the 2000s Rams with Holt, Bruce and that running game. I salivate like a Pavlov's dog just thinking about how explosive and dangerous the offense would be with that dominating Offensive Line and Tony Romo.

The defense we can address via Free Agency and the later rounds, and a quarterback? Sure, Goff seems very intriguing and tempting, but we are in a WIN NOW mode, he couldn't even help us if Romo were to get injured as a rookie I don't think, so maybe get a Free Agent type Kitna, the best we can find, and draft Treadwell, that'd by my best wish!

I guess each person sees another WR he compares to. When I watch tape of him I see Andre Johnson (Hou/Indy).

robjay04

Reaction score
Yea, you are probably right...........the Bears probably know something and that is why they are letting him walk.........he may be used up.

I think they just have an able replacement waiting to shine. Forte may have 1-3 decent seasons left but I generally agree with the idea of not giving running backs big contracts.

ghst187

Reaction score
Treadwell is a stud and he is the player that would most help the offense.

I disagree, I rank treadwell just behind Elliott as far as players in this draft that would instantly upgrade us but I do like him a lot. I also think there are quite a few other good WRs in this draft that would really help us but very few RBs.

kazzd58

Reaction score
I'll tell you this Give me 2 Dez's at wr and u take your speed guy and watch my tandem dominate 3rd down which is money down and goal line what are you gonna do? pick your poison imo throw up the X or throw up the T for treadwell double those too then what i can hit the TE RB so much easier to score..... And because they both can high point the ball, attack the ball and make something happen which is almost uncoverable at both wr positions double them my run game gonna take your will, so pick your poison your speed guy can only do so much... you can find those speed guys u cant find those dez's type wr's everyday to where both just off ability alone can take over games and win you games... ijs
If he is as good as you are saying, then I am on board with it.

I am really looking forward to his combine and see what type of numbers he post.

i mean thats what i believe and of coarse it will be an adjustment and learning curve but get Tredwell and have him move in with Dez after the draft cuz you know Dez is gonna work and man those 2 can be something really interesting.. whats wrong with having 2 potential top wr that can both dominate a games.. if one off the other can take over thats how i see it.. And tredwell will have to prove himself in NFL before they put 2 guys over there to cover him, so he would have opportunities 1 on 1 early and thats the test to see if the hype is real somewhat but just my opinion

kazzd58

Reaction score

You go right ahead u will have the stats but I'll hv the Super Bowls and my role players can be the speed guys in my offense and plus players play faster than there 40 anyway n most cases according to my eyes and how I see it not a clocked time... I'd hv Super Bowls u will hv the stats

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
i mean thats what i believe and of coarse it will be an adjustment and learning curve but get Tredwell and have him move in with Dez after the draft cuz you know Dez is gonna work and man those 2 can be something really interesting.. whats wrong with having 2 potential top wr that can both dominate a games.. if one off the other can take over thats how i see it.. And tredwell will have to prove himself in NFL before they put 2 guys over there to cover him, so he would have opportunities 1 on 1 early and thats the test to see if the hype is real somewhat but just my opinion

Your opinion is just as valid as anybody else's bro, I like hearing others point of view on players

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The RB from Arkansas Collins can be drafted in the 3rd round more than likely... Drafting a RB in the 1st round is crazy to me.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
The point is about being complimentary, not that they are bad WRs

Usually if you have a big, powerful WR like Dez, you want to compliment that with a quicker and faster WR. Or if you have a power back you want to compliment that with a speed back

You typically don't compliment with a clone of what you already have, that's all I am saying

Not really... Look at the tandem down in Tampa Bay.