Last Night Was The Tale Of Two Organizations With Completely Different Mindsets

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Last night was the difference between a fully healthy team at home vs a team without their starting quarterback. You can say all you want about the Cowboys front office but the game was 20-17 early in the 4th quarter after the complete second quarter meltdown. The Cowboys are alright.

That's what this front office will choose to believe, and maybe it will be proven to be true. There's several positions that have turned out better than I expected so far this year through the draft and cheap FA method, but I agree with the OP that a few strategic moves to supplement that could put us over the top.

I don't know how things will end up for the Eagles, but I certainly can't say trying to fix their problems has hurt them. If their fixes happen to get them back to the Super Bowl while we fall short, maybe that will be the trigger the Joneses to understand that you need to use all areas of player acquisition.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m not hyping up Jerry. I’m knocking Roseman. Since the SB he’s made terrible moves.

My point isn’t Jerry is great. My point is if you give me the option of not be I for sure as hell am not taking Roseman. They have busts every single year at the top of the draft. You aren’t stating anything factual. Does Roseman suck drafting yes or no?

You said Jerry was a better GM than Roseman.

He's not. By any rational viewpoint, he's not a better GM. The results speak for themselves. In that terrible run since the SB, the Eagles have 3 playoff appearances and one playoff win. We have two playoff appearances and one win. So if he's made terrible moves and made the playoffs as much as we have (more), then what are Jerry's moves?

Roseman is a better GM. He's not the greatest but being better than Jerry is not a high bar to clear for a guy who has led a storied franchise to THREE playoff wins in two decades.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well said. So many people crying the sky is falling after one loss, a close game at that. If the IGGLES are light years ahead of the Cowboys on talent- how come they did not run away with this game? Cowboys damn near came back on them after being down 20 points, with their backup QB with 5 career starts. The IGGLES aren't Jimmys Cowboys or the 80s NINERS, or 70s STEELERS, LOL. I think with Dak and in big D , we beat them next game.

The sky isn't falling. But the reality is a lot of you guys talked some serious smack about how the Eagles weren't good, we'd win, etc.

The Eagles are clearly better. Now will that be the case in a couple of months when we face them again? Who knows. But the Eagles are good, have a pretty easy schedule and could create some distance between us and them if we don't keep up a similar pace.

exciter

Reaction score
The Eagles spent the offseason signing and trading to get better coming off a playoff berth in 2021. Sometimes that strategy works and sometimes it doesn't, but they are sitting at 6-0 right now, so we can only assume that their plan is paying off. The Eagles have had success doing this in the past and have a Super Bowl in 2017 to show for it.

The Cowboys hardly ever do any major signings or trades during the offseason and instead chose to try and fill needs in the draft, with cheap free agents, or plug and play guys that have been on the roster as backups in the past. We went 12-5 last year and instead of trying to build on that success by adding talent, we get rid of talent and deplete the roster and don't replace it with better or equal talent.

The game last night looked like a team that tried to get better and made it a priority going up against a team that didn't make the effort required to improve. Cooper Rush can be blamed until you're blue in the face, and yes he was horrible, but Cooper Rush even playing is just another example of the Cowboys organization not trying to improve a position of need and sticking with a guy their familiar with instead.
Lol, and despite all that we’re having our starting QB and sureing up the LG position from thrashing them! Try paying attention… we won 4 straight games with the lollipop ginger as the QB!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said Jerry was a better GM than Roseman.

He's not. By any rational viewpoint, he's not a better GM. The results speak for themselves. In that terrible run since the SB, the Eagles have 3 playoff appearances and one playoff win. We have two playoff appearances and one win. So if he's made terrible moves and made the playoffs as much as we have (more), then what are Jerry's moves?

Roseman is a better GM. He's not the greatest but being better than Jerry is not a high bar to clear for a guy who has led a storied franchise to THREE playoff wins in two decades.
They got a fluke SB based off a Nick Foles run. They fired Pederson shortly after, traded Wentz…..

You are basing how good of a GM he is based on a fluke SB run that was only a one year run. Check the facts and answer the question. How does he draft? How well does Roseman draft? Why won’t you answer? :laugh:

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The sky isn't falling. But the reality is a lot of you guys talked some serious smack about how the Eagles weren't good, we'd win, etc.

The Eagles are clearly better. Now will that be the case in a couple of months when we face them again? Who knows. But the Eagles are good, have a pretty easy schedule and could create some distance between us and them if we don't keep up a similar pace.
Never will I understand saying the mental gymnastics it takes to say a 5-0 team isn't good.

So, if we beat them so what? They aren't good anyways.

So, if we lose to them then we lost to a bad team?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Come on, Roseman has more ups than downs. Even I admit that.
I’m willing to listen. I’ll ask you since Sydia won’t. Are you ok with his piss poor drafts? I will say this for him he does a good job of sucking then getting out of sucking….he stole a draft pick for Wentz.

Sydla

Reaction score
Lol, and despite all that we’re having our starting QB and sureing up the LG position from thrashing them! Try paying attention… we won 4 straight games with the lollipop ginger as the QB!

You'd love to have Peters settle in there but he's just not someone you can count on healthwise at athis point.

lukemartin79

Reaction score

Not me. I know they are good, they were 5-0 coming in, LOL. Good indication. But we now know we can play with them, and can beat them too- minus dumb penalties and turnovers. Hell if BOBO the head coach challenges that Lamb spot- who knows. Thats how close this was. We play the Bears and Lions next. I don't think we are going to fall too far behind them, LOL.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The Eagles spent the offseason signing and trading to get better coming off a playoff berth in 2021. Sometimes that strategy works and sometimes it doesn't, but they are sitting at 6-0 right now, so we can only assume that their plan is paying off. The Eagles have had success doing this in the past and have a Super Bowl in 2017 to show for it.

The Cowboys hardly ever do any major signings or trades during the offseason and instead chose to try and fill needs in the draft, with cheap free agents, or plug and play guys that have been on the roster as backups in the past. We went 12-5 last year and instead of trying to build on that success by adding talent, we get rid of talent and deplete the roster and don't replace it with better or equal talent.

The game last night looked like a team that tried to get better and made it a priority going up against a team that didn't make the effort required to improve. Cooper Rush can be blamed until you're blue in the face, and yes he was horrible, but Cooper Rush even playing is just another example of the Cowboys organization not trying to improve a position of need and sticking with a guy their familiar with instead.

Well, even with how totally awesome the Eagles are they still barely beat the Cowboys who had their backup QB. I swear, some of you people are pathetic. They can't win every game.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m willing to listen. I’ll ask you since Sydia won’t. Are you ok with his piss poor drafts? I will say this for him he does a good job of sucking then getting out of sucking….he stole a draft pick for Wentz.

His drafts aren't good but it's not like he hasn't picked any good players. And for all the bad drafts he's apparently had, the Eagles have basically the same results as we do since their SB. So what does that say about Jerry's drafts?

Mark

Reaction score
All these posts overlook the obvious: 3 turnovers v 0.

Actually, it was FOUR turnovers - counting the turnover on downs in our own territory.

And the Cowboys ALMOST survived them. The straw(s) that may have broken the camel's back were some idiotic, inexplicable penalties...and the failure to challenge the spot on Cee Dee's 3rd-down lunge.

Sydla

Reaction score
They got a fluke SB based off a Nick Foles run. They fired Pederson shortly after, traded Wentz…..

You are basing how good of a GM he is based on a fluke SB run that was only a one year run. Check the facts and answer the question. How does he draft? How well does Roseman draft? Why won’t you answer? :laugh:

LOL. Now it's a fluke.

I mean at this point you are just floundering.

You keep saying draft this and draft that but if the results don't translate on the field, what good are the drafts? Since the SB, the Eagles have apparently drafted terribly and we've been good. And yet the results on the field aren't different.

Jerry Jones the GM is the biggest reason this team has wandered aimlessly since the mid 90s.