LAT: NFL warns Texas ‘bathroom bill’ could jeopardize its chances to host future Super Bowls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Don't California my Texas.
If the NFL wants to dictate decisions based on states rights I could care less if Texas ever gets another Super Bowl again.
If you have a ***** you use the little boys room.
If you have a ****** use the little girls room.
If you cannot tell the difference you shouldn't be out in public anyway.

so if you have sexual reassignment surgery then you are okay in your book to use the bathroom you identify with? if so, why does having the surgery make you less of a threat?

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
On the flip side of that coin, why spend billions on less than 1% of the population that is doing just fine as things are right now, in your own words

billions?

mostly because transgendered, right or wrong, are afraid of people who want to beat them up just because they are different

nathanlt

Reaction score
billions?

mostly because transgendered, right or wrong, are afraid of people who want to beat them up just because they are different

This bill cannot be written so narrowly, either. It must allow ANYONE who wants to that particular day enter the bathroom/locker room of their choice. The NFL is requiring something foolish, both morally, and technically, from a lawful language standpoint. In fact, just this last weekend, a man entered a womans locker room at a community pool, took his shirt off and ignored demands for him to leave. just to prove a point. This entire "new normal" is foolish from its beginning.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Yeah,,, with less and less viewers.

lol, because the Super Bowl doesn't happen in Texas? You know how many will talk the talk, then sit and watch the Super Bowl anyhow?

Whatever you say buddy. All the sports leagues are moving this direction. I suppose you can go watch hunting and fishing World Championship. I love fishing, though I do not hunt.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
billions?

When every business has to waste the money to retrofit every bathroom to make every made up gender feel "safe" that is in the billions and ridiculous....especially under the threat of taking away Super Bowls and championships.......that is extortion

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
we can but i rather not have my taxes go into funding another restroom in ever public place just because some people's intolerance.

got a joke for you.

a transgender, a homosexual and a liberal all walk into a bar.
and the only reason i know this is because they kept telling me every minute who they were.

just go where it makes sense and where you "look" like you belong and stop "looking" for everyone to tell the way you do. it will *never* happen. all this micro-dissecting things has got to come to an and and people just do what common sense says to do and the first step of that is to stop gasping in amazement people feel differently than you do. you want respect, give it. the rest will work itself out.

Smashin222

Reaction score
a pre op trans woman in the mens room would actually be far more confusing to a young male, or a pre op trans man would be just as confusing to a young girl. As far as "danger" goes, provide some statistics to quantify this danger. the amount of assaults on cis gendered individuals by trans genders is statistically negligible as opposed to the amount of assaults on trans gendered inviduals by cis gendered individuals.

I agree with you. I'm criticizing the guy who argued that resolving the issue based on whatever genitalia a person has currently is the solution. It's a facile approach that ignores the complexity of gender and the temporary nature of a persons genitalia. If you look at my previous posts, I too am demanding data and I've yet to see any. Not surprising, most of these folks walk around calling themselves tough/brave are actually afraid of their own imaginations.

Smashin222

Reaction score
When every business has to waste the money to retrofit every bathroom to make every made up gender feel "safe" that is in the billions and ridiculous....especially under the threat of taking away Super Bowls and championships.......that is extortion

Nobody is asking you to retrofit anything. Just not arrest them when they use the bathroom. Grow up.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
On the flip side of that coin, why spend billions on less than 1% of the population that is doing just fine as things are right now, in your own words

Who's spending billions?

The only money at stake would be that of the taxpayer in the form of trying to implement legislation and the challenges that would follow. Let the world continue as it has and no money is spent.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
so if you have sexual reassignment surgery then you are okay in your book to use the bathroom you identify with? if so, why does having the surgery make you less of a threat?

Here's a question I'd like answered, why/how does being transgender make you any more of a threat?

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Here's a question I'd like answered, why/how does being transgender make you any more of a threat?

I agree, even most of the examples against involve a cis gendered person pretending to be trans so they can take advantage...

Reaction score
lol, because the Super Bowl doesn't happen in Texas? You know how many will talk the talk, then sit and watch the Super Bowl anyhow?

Whatever you say buddy. All the sports leagues are moving this direction. I suppose you can go watch hunting and fishing World Championship. I love fishing, though I do not hunt.

numbers don't lie, people with agendas do though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I can see that the movies "Boys Don't Cry" and "The Crying Game" are huge hits with some around here. .:p
The level that some here identify with this makes it seem that either they are TG or someone they love is.
No sweat off my back either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.