Latest Forbes Teams Valuations - Cowboys Still On Top By A Lot

JBS

Reaction score
There's a video of drunken Jerry admitting the real reason why he hired Parcells. Google it - it's still out there
100% - I’ve seen it. Yet people still don’t want to admit it

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hundreds of professional sports teams exist on every continent except Antarctica. None of them are charities. And there would be some at the bottom of the world if someone could make a buck off of team sports played there.

There is one thing separating Jerry Jones and everyone else on the business side of professional sports teams. He makes more profit than all the rest.

One thing separates Jones from the top tier of professional sports teams worldwide. He is an average sports operations management executive.

Jones has tried-and-succeeded at making his franchise the most profitable in the world. He has trial-and-errored at sports management for decades, although not from lack of purposeful effort. The latter is simply something he has been unable to package as a championship contending or winning formula during his post-Jimmy Johnson years.

Effort equals desire or want for something. Jones wants to win. His way. Unfortunately, he refuses to accept, season after season, decade after decade, that his way sucks.

Jones considers himself the captain of his football team's destiny. It is too bad for him that he annually grounds his ship onto Gilligan's Island.
Jerry is the face of the team. I doubt he involved in as much as we think. He wouldn't be paying McClay if he was.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry is the face of the team. I doubt he involved in as much as we think. He wouldn't be paying McClay if he was.
It does not matter if he is (literally) only rubber stamping all decisions. He is still overseeing the front office and offering some degree of input--even if it is miniscule in nature.

His best course of action would be replacing himself with someone else doing as (what has been continually suggested over the past few years) little as he is doing now. Even someone that supposedly uninvolved but more qualified would provide a different managerial vision than his own.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It does not matter if he is (literally) only rubber stamping all decisions. He is still overseeing the front office and offering some degree of input--even if it is miniscule in nature.

His best course of action would be replacing himself with someone else doing as (what has been continually suggested over the past few years) little as he is doing now. Even someone that supposedly uninvolved but more qualified would provide a different managerial vision than his own.
Do you know he's rubber stamping everything or just assuming? You know what you get when you assume! LOL

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No matter how big the pie there are only so many slices to go around.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you know he's rubber stamping everything or just assuming? You know what you get when you assume! LOL
Actually, I believe he is more involved in his front office operations than some claim he is.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is no evidence for it either.
Only fan opinion and bias.

I am not defending Jerry by any means, he can do something different. But to say he does not care about winning is a fan myth.
Jerry cares about winning. But he cares about being GM and winning “his” way more than “just” winning.

And he doesn’t know how to win and he is too arrogant to step aside and try something else.

CB0711

Reaction score
Question: What is operating income and why is the Cowboys over twice of Any other team in the league?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
As long as they continue to be on top the Joneses will continue running the team as they have. No need to have playoff success or spend a lot of money in free agency to stay on top.
Yep. You can continue to try winning your way because there are no real consequences if you fail. Even if a strategy has been proven not to work, you can stubbornly stick with it because the money keeps rolling in. It's why I no longer blame the players for losing (although I tried not to do that much because it takes a team) and I've decided to no longer blame the coaches.

I laid a lot at Jason Garrett's feet (and still feel he limited the offense with his lack of creativity), but I now am going to try to hold fast to understanding and acknowledging that this front office is the primary problem. Both Jimmy and Parcells (two great coaches) have alluded to the fact that talent is the most important factor in winning and the Joneses have hurt us in the talent acquisition department since Jimmy left. The Parcells years were the exception to that IMO, as they gave him more power to put together his team, but it took too long to find his QB and he burned out before completing the job.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as they continue to be on top the Joneses will continue running the team as they have. No need to have playoff success or spend a lot of money in free agency to stay on top.
You are exactly right. And making almost $1.4M every day is pretty good business for them.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

tenor.gif

Give JJ a Royal dinner, while us fans eat crap.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are exactly right. And making almost $1.4M every day is pretty good business for them.
I just wish enough fans who are fed up would stop attending games where the attendance starts to drop off enough where the Joneses get questioned about it. Nothing would get their attention more than that and no longer topping the Forbes revenue list.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I just wish enough fans who are fed up would stop attending games where the attendance starts to drop off enough where the Joneses get questioned about it. Nothing would get their attention more than that and no longer topping the Forbes revenue list.
It’s the NFL. If Carolina and New England played a regular season game at AT&T it would be sold out. Give it up. Jerry wins no matter how the Cowboys perform.

JBS

Reaction score
It’s the NFL. If Carolina and New England played a regular season game at AT&T it would be sold out. Give it up. Jerry wins no matter how the Cowboys perform.
This isn’t true at all. There have been games in recent history where fans don’t show up , boo Jerry when he’s shows on the big screen, and it absolutely pisses Jerry off.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Attending a Cowboys game is an event. However, if the team ever reverted back to what it was in the early 2000s with no QB and only a few wins each season that could have an affect on attendance but everyone loves going to Jerry World regardless how the team is playing.