Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the meal totaled $50k.
divided by 60 = ~1k per person.
1% of pay assuming their pay is not cut if they are cut from squad.
They were not splitting the bill like that from what Mike Fisher reported.

I am curious now if the PS guys were invited.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
"Yeah," the whole team was there, and it was amazing,'' Church said of the gathering at Nick and Sam's steakhouse. "The rookies took care of everything. We had an amazing time."

There was a time in the NFL and with the Cowboys win these "rookie dinners" featured position groups going out together and running up huge bills on the first-year players. Dez Bryant, while deeply embroiled in a Tuesday locker-room game of Laundry-Bin Basketball against defensive end Benson Mayowa, told me this team dinner was nothing like that.

"Nope, because as far as I know, lots of the guys just paid for themselves," said Dez, long an advocate of brotherhood over hazing. "Nobody getting punished. Everybody together."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1718811-exclusive-inside-the-cowboys-bonding-dinner

waldoputty

Reaction score
"Yeah," the whole team was there, and it was amazing,'' Church said of the gathering at Nick and Sam's steakhouse. "The rookies took care of everything. We had an amazing time."

There was a time in the NFL and with the Cowboys win these "rookie dinners" featured position groups going out together and running up huge bills on the first-year players. Dez Bryant, while deeply embroiled in a Tuesday locker-room game of Laundry-Bin Basketball against defensive end Benson Mayowa, told me this team dinner was nothing like that.

"Nope, because as far as I know, lots of the guys just paid for themselves," said Dez, long an advocate of brotherhood over hazing. "Nobody getting punished. Everybody together."

http://www.scout.com/nfl/cowboys/story/1718811-exclusive-inside-the-cowboys-bonding-dinner

lol no one outside those at the dinner will ever know

Iago33

Reaction score
He's making progress as expected.

Those who thought this will be a permanent impairment can stop worrying.
I want to believe you and trust your medical knowledge, but how do you know this?

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Could be lots of things.
Could be optimistic Jaylon, could be trolling us, could be this is all he is allowed to do, could be he did well in a video game, could be hot girl chasing him...
could be he's just posting on this twitter feed w/o concern how people are going to take it.

waldoputty

Reaction score
could be he's just posting on this twitter feed w/o concern how people are going to take it.

Jaylon knows fans are dissecting every tweet of his.
We know this because the press asked him about it and he agreed that could be the case.
After that acknowledgment, the most suggestive tweet to me is "God's timing"

You can say Jaylon is not concerned with what others think.
Tweeting "god's timing" goes beyond that and appears to be a deliberate tweet to get a reaction.
If nothing else but from a business point of view, it is bad PR to tweet things that can be viewed positively if he is not recovering well.
Jaylon, and the Cowboys FO, should know this.
Jaylon has enough hype and does not need any other.

Finally there seems to be a news blackout from Dr. Cooper and the trainer.
Which kind of makes sense because FO would not want to say much until a return is definite (at least that is what I would do)...

Last edited:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
By being on the reserve/NFI list, Smith is not eligible to practice until Oct. 17. The Cowboys would then have to make a decision whether to activate him to the 53-man roster or move him to injured reserve by Nov. 28.

http://www.fantasysports.news/cowboys-place-injured-rookie-jaylon-smith-on-reservenfi-list/

So by Nov 28th people will pretty much know if Smith has a chance to return or is out for the season. Until then just chill or not that is each ones choice.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Could be he uses marketing slogans and catchphrases spontaneously too. Could be there is an angry monkey in his head that controls all of his actions.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Jaylon knows fans are dissecting every tweet of his.
We know this because the press asked him about it and he agreed that could be the case.
After that acknowledgment, the most suggestive tweet to me is "God's timing"

You can say Jaylon is not concerned with what others think.
Tweeting "god's timing" goes beyond that and appears to be a deliberate tweet to get a reaction.
If nothing else but from a business point of view, it is bad PR to tweet things that can be viewed positively if he is not recovering well.
Jaylon, and the Cowboys FO, should know this.
Jaylon has enough hype and does not need any other.

Finally there seems to be a news blackout from Dr. Cooper and the trainer.
Which kind of makes sense because FO would not want to say much until a return is definite (at least that is what I would do)...
then quit living off every word someone says.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
?
it is called being a fan?
also realizing that Jaylon's return can change the defense this year or next year?
and all that is fine. but to sit on twitter and wait and micro-analyze every word he says as if he's being intentionally cryptic is just insane, to me.

if that's how you roll, roll on.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
By being on the reserve/NFI list, Smith is not eligible to practice until Oct. 17. The Cowboys would then have to make a decision whether to activate him to the 53-man roster or move him to injured reserve by Nov. 28.

http://www.fantasysports.news/cowboys-place-injured-rookie-jaylon-smith-on-reservenfi-list/

So by Nov 28th people will pretty much know if Smith has a chance to return or is out for the season. Until then just chill or not that is each ones choice.

So your saying he could be practicing now? Do we have to declare that he is practicing?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
So your saying he could be practicing now? Do we have to declare that he is practicing?

Yes he is eligible to practice. Not sure what the league rules are on having to declare him ready to practice. I would think once he is able to practice the Cowboys will have to make room on the 53. I'm unsure on that

waldoputty

Reaction score
Your statement and attitude don't make any sense.

Peripheral nerves are known to almost always recover.
The question is how well.
It is also known that if recovery is insufficient, there are surgical options.
Will he totally recover?
No one knows but I have read that chances are pretty good.
That includes what the surgeon said, who happens to be the Cowboys doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.