Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-RO

Reaction score
Ah...WestWorld....I mean Jerry's World.

Our owner sure has a knack for storylines that keep the Cowboys at the front of discussion. Somehow...someway...there's controversy and intrigue.

The team has no interest in clarifying the situation. They'll milk it.

Maxmadden

Reaction score
Even the video clip when asked about this twitter he said it is not necessarily has to do with injury but giving thanks for his situation. People can choose to read what they want into his tweets that is their business but I hold nothing against Smith because people have a vivid imagination, which really is on them. Then again I see people here twist and spin and read things into any and all statement so it really is par for course for some. That really is their problem

He was vague in his response, and didn't deny that it had anything to do with his progress. He could have just said it was all about his life situation and not about the nerve, but he left the ambiguity there.

I think he is excited about his progress but he has to temper his reactions with guarded enthusiasm. For whatever reason.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Unless you got a video of Jaylon walking without a brace it's completely stupifying to assume he doesn't need his brace based on nothing more than A photo that captures a moment of him SITTING in a private family setting without one.

Wow, I was only gone for 3 hours...

If there is a video of Jaylon walking definitively without the brace, I would have given this thread a different title.

Perhaps "Countdown to Jaylon's return" instead of "Latest Jaylon Smith tweet"

The thread was created for people who wish to guess what is going on.
Most people are smart enough to know it is for what it is.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I just read what you wrote. Are you saying that he stretched the nerve again!!!!?????!!

/s

No nerve was not damaged again.
We are just trying to read tea leaves (Jaylon's tweets) for whatever info that can be extracted.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Who is attacking? Yes he is trolling, but there's nothing wrong with it. It's all in fun. I really don't see any vultures here. Just speculation.

This board gets really silly sometimes.
I started this thread for us to speculate about the latest tweet.
Anyone should be able to figure out that the purpose of this thread is NOT to say he has recovered.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He was eligible to return to practice following week 6 so this past game. He has 5 more weeks where he can stay on NFI before he has to return or be out for the year. Sometime in late November. Once he returns to practice he has 3 weeks before he has to be brought onto the roster or placed on IR.

Maybe they can hide his return to practice but I doubt it.

I guess working on rehab does not mean return to practice.
there must be some definitive action like team practice...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Lol...Jaylon could have a career in politics once football is over.

Politics or marketing.
Dude knows he is attracting interest.
Frankly, after what has happened to him, he has a right to have some fun, even at our expense...

I dont think he takes after Jerry, thus one of the reasons for hope that he would not knowingly mislead people if he is not healing reasonably...
He just does not seem like the trolling type, and trolling fans is not good PR, so the FO may not like it either.

waldoputty

Reaction score
He was vague in his response, and didn't deny that it had anything to do with his progress. He could have just said it was all about his life situation and not about the nerve, but he left the ambiguity there.

I think he is excited about his progress but he has to temper his reactions with guarded enthusiasm. For whatever reason.

After his accident, he is allowed to have some fun, even at our expenses lol
Still dont think he is the trolling type and it is not good way to do PR.
Jaylon should have no trouble getting attention and endorsements right now.
Same for the Cowboys.
Especially with all the good new, 5-1, Dak, Zeke, perhaps the greatest draft in team history...

waldoputty

Reaction score
Unless you got a video of Jaylon walking without a brace it's completely stupifying to assume he doesn't need his brace based on nothing more than A photo that captures a moment of him SITTING in a private family setting without one.

There is no 100% proof.
He could have removed the brace, but note that he was wearing his shoes.
The brace is also not see anywhere in the picture.
Again, this thread was created for speculation and for people to add new ideas.
The possibility that the brace could have been removed and out of the field of view of the camera is an obvious possibility.
If there was 100% proof, this thread may have been titled "Best draft in team history, Jaylon is back soon"

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No problem here I don't deal with vague comment only reality. I don't read his tweets and start saying good grief or accusing him of misleading fans as the OP did to start this.

No one is saying that he is misleading fans. It called discussing probable outcomes. He could be misleading fans, he could be trying to tell us something about his rehab, he could be talking about something else entirely.

Nobody is saying anything is certain. You just seem to have anxiety over uncertainty.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Another encrypted message on Jaylon twitter account. Let see if we can figure it out
Jaylon Smith ‏@thejaylonsmith 16h16 hours ago

Thank you to Bippus State Bank for the great service and I really enjoyed meeting the staff today.

After much thought I take it that Bippus State Bank must mean he is thanking Dr Cooper for his great service...ummm. He meant with a staff? That has to be the training staff. There you go he should be suited up and ready to play vs Philly. This says it all!!! lol

What dont you pick a relevant tweet? like "god's timing"

I hope you are not the type that will celebrate if Jaylon does not recover this year, in order to 'be right'.

dware94

Reaction score
Jaylon is back in Fort Wayne for a few days (where I live) and he had an appointment this morning at our hometown bank with a good friend of mine. Jaylon had no update other than "I'm feeling really good, just being patient". He is a very cool dude and real down to earth. Also said JJ is like having a 2nd dad, which is not shocking to any of us. If I knew how to post pictures, I would post a few.

Piggybacking off my comment yesterday before he tweeted that he visited the bank. Got a chance to speak with his family member who said "this is a redshirt year for Jaylon, but he will be back". Apparently Jaylon was told after the draft to do everything possible to train, learn, and get ready for next year. I assume the source is credible since he speaks to Jaylon on regular basis.. And is a golden glove boxer in Indiana.

Not saying he's been ruled out for '16, but just relaying information.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Piggybacking off my comment yesterday before he tweeted that he visited the bank. Got a chance to speak with his family member who said "this is a redshirt year for Jaylon, but he will be back". Apparently Jaylon was told after the draft to do everything possible to train, learn, and get ready for next year. I assume the source is credible since he speaks to Jaylon on regular basis.. And is a golden glove boxer in Indiana.

Not saying he's been ruled out for '16, but just relaying information.

Thanks for the info

waldoputty

Reaction score
No problem here I don't deal with vague comment only reality. I don't read his tweets and start saying good grief or accusing him of misleading fans as the OP did to start this.

Ah, I was not accusing Jaylon of anything.
Even if he is trolling us, he has earned the right to have some fun.
Good grief is expression of frustration from not knowing what is going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.