Latest Jaylon Smith tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I want to believe you and trust your medical knowledge, but how do you know this?

He has reached every rehab milestone over the past 6 months on or ahead of schedule. The injury in question does not involve complete severance of the nerve, but damage to the endoneurium which regenerates over time.

Thousands of these have been thoroughly studied, and the outcome is predictable once the patient demonstrates the expected improvement parameters during rehab. The surgeon said as much after the procedure, indicating confidence of a full recovery.

Patience is a virtue.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Your statement and attitude don't make any sense.

You have no way of knowing whether he'll face permenant impairment or not.

His nerve could reinnervate to restore some degree a function but not total, which for an athlete would be impairment.

And any degree of loss of full functionality is "permenant impairment."

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He has reached every rehab milestone over the past 6 months on or ahead of schedule. The injury in question does not involve complete severance of the nerve, but damage to the endoneurium which regenerates over time.

Thousands of these have been thoroughly studied, and the outcome is predictable once the patient demonstrates the expected improvement parameters during rehab. The surgeon said as much after the procedure, indicating confidence of a full recovery.

Patience is a virtue.

Dr. Cooper did not go as far as you claim. He's optimistic but was clear not to guarantee full recovery as sure thing.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
The way this forum behaves, I wouldn't blame Jaylon for trollin' you with cryptic tweets. He is too classy of a guy to be petty like that. You vultures will attack a guy for ANYTHING. All this kid has literally done is work hard and use social media to present his thoughts, mostly spiritual.

Seriously, just get off his nuts and just hope that he recovers so he can hopefully return to the player he was.

waldoputty

Reaction score

Patience is a virtue.

Thanks @Doc50
Can you name some of the typical recovery improvement parameters?
Dr. Cooper said 9-15 months, which is not that big a span in a lifetime.
But obviously matters to us.
Anything to add here?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
34s0wm8.png

Here is Jaylon a week ago playing with his nieces who look 6-8ish without his brace.

Above is what foot drop looks like.

waldoputty

Reaction score
A
The way this forum behaves, I wouldn't blame Jaylon for trollin' you with cryptic tweets. He is too classy of a guy to be petty like that. You vultures will attack a guy for ANYTHING. All this kid has literally done is work hard and use social media to present his thoughts, mostly spiritual.

Seriously, just get off his nuts and just hope that he recovers so he can hopefully return to the player he was.

Ah, who is doing the 'attacking?'

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Patience is a virtue.

The doctor is in da house! :)

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
34s0wm8.png

Here is Jaylon a week ago playing with his nieces who look 6-8ish without his brace.

Above is what foot drop looks like.

Unless you got a video of Jaylon walking without a brace it's completely stupifying to assume he doesn't need his brace based on nothing more than A photo that captures a moment of him SITTING in a private family setting without one.

Scotman

Reaction score
Exactly. Seeing the word redemption and trying to make it out to be about his knee is getting to be a stretch.
I just read what you wrote. Are you saying that he stretched the nerve again!!!!?????!!

/s

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
So everytime dude tweets somebody gonna start a thread on speculation of what I'd means.:facepalm:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Another encrypted message on Jaylon twitter account. Let see if we can figure it out
Jaylon Smith ‏@thejaylonsmith 16h16 hours ago

Thank you to Bippus State Bank for the great service and I really enjoyed meeting the staff today.

After much thought I take it that Bippus State Bank must mean he is thanking Dr Cooper for his great service...ummm. He meant with a staff? That has to be the training staff. There you go he should be suited up and ready to play vs Philly. This says it all!!! lol

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes he is eligible to practice. Not sure what the league rules are on having to declare him ready to practice. I would think once he is able to practice the Cowboys will have to make room on the 53. I'm unsure on that
Not positive, but I think he has 2 weeks (ok, 3 weeks according to wikipeida) of practice before needing to be added to the 53. I also think (though not positive) that there's a deadline for a decision where if he can't go by a certain date, he has to be transferred to IR.

OK, here's the skinny from Wikipedia. Take it for what it's worth.

Players on NFI must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing.

From the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the NFI list for the remainder of the season. [which is effectively IR].

So bottom line, he's on the 53 by (or before) week 14 or he's out for the year. We are in the 5 week window now.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Who is attacking? Yes he is trolling, but there's nothing wrong with it. It's all in fun. I really don't see any vultures here. Just speculation.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Another encrypted message on Jaylon twitter account. Let see if we can figure it out
Jaylon Smith ‏@thejaylonsmith 16h16 hours ago

Thank you to Bippus State Bank for the great service and I really enjoyed meeting the staff today.

After much thought I take it that Bippus State Bank must mean he is thanking Dr Cooper for his great service...ummm. He meant with a staff? That has to be the training staff. There you go he should be suited up and ready to play vs Philly. This says it all!!! lol

Well CPT liked it so I guess that is something. Nevermind that he was specific about what he was thankful for this time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not positive, but I think he has 2 weeks (ok, 3 weeks according to wikipeida) of practice before needing to be added to the 53. I also think (though not positive) that there's a deadline for a decision where if he can't go by a certain date, he has to be transferred to IR.

Players on NFI must sit out the first six weeks of the regular season. At that point, teams have a five-week window in which to allow the player to begin practicing.

From the day the player begins practicing, teams have an additional 21-day window in which to decide whether to activate the player to the 53-man roster. If either of those deadlines pass, the player must remain on the NFI list for the remainder of the season. [which is effectively IR].

So bottom line, he's on the 53 by (or before) week 14 or he's out for the year. We are in the 5 week window now.

He was eligible to return to practice following week 6 so this past game. He has 5 more weeks where he can stay on NFI before he has to return or be out for the year. Sometime in late November. Once he returns to practice he has 3 weeks before he has to be brought onto the roster or placed on IR.

Maybe they can hide his return to practice but I doubt it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Well CPT liked it so I guess that is something. Nevermind that he was specific about what he was thankful for this time.

Even the video clip when asked about this twitter he said it is not necessarily has to do with injury but giving thanks for his situation. People can choose to read what they want into his tweets that is their business but I hold nothing against Smith because people have a vivid imagination, which really is on them. Then again I see people here twist and spin and read things into any and all statement so it really is par for course for some. That really is their problem

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Even the video clip when asked about this twitter he said it is not necessarily has to do with injury but giving thanks for his situation. People can choose to read what they want into his tweets that is their business but I hold nothing against Smith because people have a vivid imagination, which really is on them. Then again I see people here twist and spin and read things into any and all statement so it really is par for course for some. That really is their problem

The only one who seems to have a problem here is you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I saw the Cowboys will need to decide Nov 28th of what they will do. In my own personal view I think even if he could play this season I don't really expect much with no camp and no time on the field. Class room and film study are all well and fine but not the same as actually being out there playing the game. I would love to see him be able to suit up this season but just do not expect a lot out of him until he can get into a full training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.