The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Wow, that was out of left field.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard the same thing. He must think a new deal is going to get done.

Pabst

Reaction score
I'm curious as to the salary cap ramifications... dunno how the cap pertains to players who buy out their own contracts. : /

5 Super Bowls

Reaction score
Pabst said:
I'm curious as to the salary cap ramifications... dunno how the cap pertains to players who buy out their own contracts. : /

I believe that if a player repays a portion of the signing bonus, it is deducted from the following years (2006 in this case) salary cap. If that is the case, it is a savings of $3.5+ in savings from what it would have been to cut him outright. Still have to figure in a replacement, but who knows how much that will cost.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
This was obviously going to happen. It was evident at the beginning of the year that they didn't want him anymore. This has nothing to do with complying with the cap under no cba deal.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Galian Beast said:
This was obviously going to happen. It was evident at the beginning of the year that they didn't want him anymore. This has nothing to do with complying with the cap under no cba deal.

I agree.

I hope whomever said before they were surprised by this was being sarcastic.

HeHateMe

Displaced but Dedicated
Reaction score
Jerry needs to bring him in to visit Valley Ranch.

And then not let him leave.

Prototype 3-4 LB at a spot we need help at.

Perfect match.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
Even with a CBA deal done, they're still going to have to chop off like 10 million dollars. LaVar was the first thing they were going to cut out either way.

50cent

Reaction score
HeHateMe said:
Jerry needs to bring him in to visit Valley Ranch.

And then not let him leave.

Prototype 3-4 LB at a spot we need help at.

Perfect match.
He was labeled the most undisciplined played ever coached by a defensive guru. His name. Marvin Lewis. Not something I think BP would like.

JonCJG

Reaction score
What is it going to cost to sign him? Too much I'm thinking. I hope I'm wrong.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
LaVar definitely intrigues me. Physically talented, fits the 3-4, but plays outside the scheme too often. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Parcells' office right about now to see if he'd give this move any consideration.

My concern is I'm not convinced LaVar is the same player since his injury. He had a double-digit sack season a few years back and seems to have gone south since.

gbrittain

Reaction score
I bet you Lavar is officialy an overrated LB now that he is released according to Skins fans.

Too funny!