LB Damien Wilson Arrested on Aggravated Assault With a Deadly Weapon Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
The idea that you can fill a 53 man NFL (you know, a very physical, tough, and even violent sport) roster with perfect little angels is asinine. You can't expect Jerry and Jason to hold their hands (hell, they actually have with players who had the talent to warrant it) every day. From a talent perspective, Wilson was looking like he had great value, especially considering the team's minimal investment in him. It sucks every time a player is suspended but there is way too much misplaced blame at JJ and JG every time one of these guys screws up. To my knowledge he had no history of prior issues when he came here. There are 3 signings you can say were hypocritical when it comes to the RKG mantra: R. McClain, Gregory, and Hardy. The front office knew they all had issues but signed them anyway. But they've also had plenty of success stories with troubled players, so I'm fine with the risks for the most part. Every other team has these issues, this is the Cowboys so A) they seem more frequent to us Cowboys fans and B) get more media buzz because again, this is the Cowboys.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Id love to send a message but even if Garrett did so I cant see that message being received. Guys like this are going to do what they want regardless of Garretts consequences. Im not saying its hopeless but its hard for me to believe Garretts consequences would be a concern when legal and NFL consequences arent.

Perhaps I'm being naive but Jimmy, Tuna and Belichick were no saints but sent messages often, to the scrubs at least.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
If you look at actual statistics such as http://nflarrest.com/ the Cowboys are below average in number of arrests compared to most other teams since 2000

I assume since the "blind Jerry and Jason apologists" need to wake up and admit this issue, the "blind Kraft and Belichick" apologists need to as well since they have more arrests. As well as the Carroll apologists, the Tomlin apologists, the McCarthy apologists...

Garrett is not relevant to those stats prior to 2011 really. If you go from that point, they have more than most. And that doesn't include drug suspensions which, if I recall a recent thread correctly, Dallas has the 2nd most in recent years.

visionary

Reaction score
What excuse these are grown men not little kids and no NFL team will be able to baby sit 24 hours 7 days a week these players are responsible for their own action. I do think Wilson should be cut if these charges are legit.

Lol, So the owner and GM and HC have no responsibility to impose discipline and hold players accountable ?

Were you saying this when Wade was HC? I bet not. Usual schtick of Garrett apologists

Hypocrisy at its best

visionary

Reaction score
Garrett is not relevant to those stats prior to 2011 really. If you go from that point, they have more than most. And that doesn't include drug suspensions which, if I recall a recent thread correctly, Dallas has the 2nd most in recent years.

Shh.....
No need to point out facts to people who already have their golden boy Garrett in the HOF

CWR

Reaction score
Perhaps I'm being naive but Jimmy, Tuna and Belichick were no saints but sent messages often, to the scrubs at least.

Fair point. I guess you either have it or you dont. Not sure Garrett can fake it or become those guys now. Hed have to set the record straight and be consistent from then on. It would likely help to an extent but a guy like Gregory for example I dont think a coach in the world could have helped him. I will say Ive heard Garrett can be hard on the team, we just dont see it often.

birdwells1

Reaction score
If you look at actual statistics such as http://nflarrest.com/ the Cowboys are below average in number of arrests compared to most other teams since 2000

I assume since the "blind Jerry and Jason apologists" need to wake up and admit this issue, the "blind Kraft and Belichick" apologists need to as well since they have more arrests. As well as the Carroll apologists, the Tomlin apologists, the McCarthy apologists...

How about suspensions?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
there is a reason a team keeps having these type of suspensions someone has tobe responsible for it not being this way the effect of these suspensions that keep coming year after year has a negative effect on your organization from the eyes of the fans and the news media whether you want admit it or not it affects your team

coogrfan

Reaction score

EmB4QtACPVBpS.gif

CWR

Reaction score
Arrest does not always equal charge. Or conviction

In Cowboy land the league will investigate you until there is a suspension regardless of charge or conviction. So we are preparing for the worst. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.