LB went from a question to a strength

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Huh? You are proving my point.

How can you project our LBs are now a team strength when one of them has never played in a NFL game yet and the other still hasn't shown yet in a full season he's completely healthy and ready to match the hype before getting hurt?

Potential? Hell yeah. They have oodles of potential at LB. Strength? With no evidence yet?

There was a bit of reading between the lines that I didn't do - I understand your point now. I think it comes down to what a lot of people are saying - and you as well - that the potential is there, but there are still questions to be answered.

DiResta

Reaction score
Haterade

Seriously you guys need to take the collective sticks out of you butts and try happy for once

Stevie Wonder can see this group is going to be really good
im big on this group (see sig) but hes right
all we have right now is optimism

by 8-23 we will have a much better idea but even then we wont know

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Don't question these three guys, but depth is a concern. Lot of unproven talent there.

I think our team has tons of talent; the NFL shows that parity is key and it's about staying injury free.

There are no superteams in the NFL, just ones that win the tight games and overcome injuries.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
im big on this group (see sig) but hes right
all we have right now is optimism

by 8-23 we will have a much better idea but even then we wont know
Not me........ I know football and this group is special

DiResta

Reaction score
there are a few posters on this forum that i respect their opinions and some are/were not happy about Vander Esch
i was supporting taking him over Evans or a guy like Ridley
when people you tend to agree with are opposed to something you believe in it can make you question your choices
i still believe the potential is there though. if he is willing to work he can be really good and help the defense
we will see very soon

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They'll be taking a lot of hits in the run game, seeing as have we don't have any DTs. :muttley:

We have some, but will they turn out to be the ones we need. This will be one of the many TC areas to watch. But I perfectly understand what oy are saying. In truth and in humor. :D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LB has not going to a "strength" on July 23rd considering neither LVE or Smith has taken a single snap in the 2018 season yet.

So in 2016 at this time RB was not going to be a strength since Zeke did not take a snap either?
Sometimes you have to take away that thinking and concept.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm really hoping our LB corps shows itself to be a strength this year.

The depth does appear to be making substantial progress, however.

Here's hoping the injuries to that LB group won't be hit too severely.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know football.

Whenever someone claims that to back up their point............. oh boy.

Yeah, we hear about how it is a process all the time from the guy that is supposed to know football. However that remains questionable at times, a good part of the time. :muttley:

Hardline

Reaction score
car-foot-brake-and-gas-pedal-by-chris-corwin.jpg

aikemirv

Reaction score
Get ready to be impressed ...... this unit will move furniture and fly around the ball......3 playmakers

i

I think it is an absurd assumption to think that LVE is going to be better than Hitchens, or that even Jaylon is better than Hitchens - he was not last year. Then you also have to assume that Lee does not get injured.

They NEED to sign Bowman!

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is an absurd assumption to think that LVE is going to be better than Hitchens, or that even Jaylon is better than Hitchens - he was not last year. Then you also have to assume that Lee does not get injured.

They NEED to sign Bowman!

Maybe it is an absurd assumption that Bowman will be any better than anyone else.

DiResta

Reaction score
my first priority with Lee is to make sure hes available for the division games, and find a way to limit his snaps
take him out of games when you dont have to have him in there
he may fight it but hes 32
i believe they already talked about pulling him a series or 2 a game to help keep him less worn down later in the season

it would be amazing if Jaylon could start taking some of his Will snaps and not have the wheels fall off the defense