LB went from a question to a strength

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just afraid of a repeat from last year with Lee. Lee going down 3-4 games could cost us a playoff spot. I think LB is one of our weakest Defensive positions because we MAY have 3 quality NFL starters, we may not. At this point, there is no way it is a strength. Strength would be having 4 quality starters looking for playing time.

I can appreciate that. But I just don't think a player like Bowman factors in for "depth". He's looking to get paid and that's a big reason why he remains available. Even the cap-rich Raiders have moved on from re-signing him.

I like what I saw on film from Joe Thomas and I can see why he was the Cowboys first free agent signing. I think he'll do a nice, solid job if he has to start this year (but hopefully, like Cameron Fleming, you hope you never have to find out!).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Get ready to be impressed ...... this unit will move furniture and fly around the ball......3 playmakers

i
I wish Sean Lee was 4-5 years younger, so he could stick with this LB trio for another 5-6 years. Going to miss him when he hangs it up.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Our young LBs have a ton of potential and give us lots to have hope for. But at this point it’s just potential. Potential is a very good thing, but it’s like the former great UT coach Darrell Royal used to say, “Potential means you ain’t done it yet.”

Let’s wait to see what we all hope happens on the field with Jaylon Smith and LVE before declaring LB a position of strength.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Our young LBs have a ton of potential and give us lots to have hope for. But at this point it’s just potential. Potential is a very good thing, but it’s like the former great UT coach Darrell Royal used to say, “Potential means you ain’t done it yet.”

Let’s wait to see what we all hope happens on the field with Jaylon Smith and LVE before declaring LB a position of strength.
You can wait...... I am tired of waiting

These guys are studs and were drafted accordingly........ all Top 20ish without injuries

Hitchens was a JAG that filled in nice on run downs.....all 3 of these guys are 3 down LBs

Jaylon is the one that is making the biggest leap.........he is going to be a headwrecker

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LB is still a big question in my book.

I like all the candidates, though. Lots of Indians, one chief with bad hamstrings.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LB is still a big question in my book.

I like all the candidates, though. Lots of Indians, one chief with bad hamstrings.
But you have to admit the possibility exist we now have a strong LBer corps.

cern

Reaction score
LB has been a weakness for years, specifically in pass coverage.

Lee staying healthy all season (and also not playing injured) is a huge question mark. Do we have the depth in case?

Smith, while is an amazing feel good story is a question mark as well. After seeing his knee injury, I cringe every time I see him run laterally.

LVE. We've seen nothing yet.
I have exactly the same questions. Looking forward to the preseason. That will be our first clue. Until then, just hype.

Reactions: G2