News: LBS: Brandin Cooks finds unusual way of bonding with new Cowboys teammates

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but you do realize that he and Gilmore were already friends they've known each other a long time going head-to-head plus I believe they were on the same team once I don't remember but either way he picked the ones that he bonds the most with... I would have preferred them not to get on a plane at all I don't like small planes and they're more likely to crash than the big ones I'd rather them drive you know we haven't played game one yet I mean Zach Martin scared of planes I think they need to get scared of small planes LOL
I was mostly joking. Even though there are more small plane crashes than commercial plane crashes, you are still more likely to die in an automobile accident than plane crash just because of the sheer numbers on the road. Last year in the U.S., 42,795 people died in car accidents.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
I can't say this louder because it's on the Internet site you can't hear my voice but please stop being in small planes especially right before the season starts I mean that's cool and everything but I don't like it stay on the big planes or drive be Zack Martin be afraid of the planes get your BUtts to the games on the ground LOL

we don't need an accident like that losing three of our better players.. So please for the love of God stop taking these trips on small aircrafts they're usually the ones that crash the most if you look at the history of all the great musicians and other players have lost their lives it was on small planes....
Statistically, it's more dangerous to drive and be driven than to fly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I was mostly joking. Even though there are more small plane crashes than commercial plane crashes, you are still more likely to die in an automobile accident than plane crash just because of the sheer numbers on the road. Last year in the U.S., 42,795 people died in car accidents.

Ya know. It’s funny. I know the statistics and I know that flying especially commercially is extraordinarily safe and the chances of dying in a plane crash are extremely small.

And yet I still get nervous and anxious when flying somewhere. Lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Statistically, it's more dangerous to drive and be driven than to fly.
Don't care about statistics and it looks like we're talking about a amateur pilot in a football player flying that plane I'm gonna say no and I'm sticking to my original response I've seen far too many stories back in the day of all those great musicians we lost in plane crashes Yup small planes I realize it was a different time but I'd rather these dudes stay on the ground and by the way why don't you tell tell Zack Martins he's afraid of planes and he drove to training camp..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes I know what the statistics but most of them are for large planes not small planes how do we know the maintenance records and all this stuff being kept up and by the way I believe was it Brandon cooks the pilot he may fly enough to feel comfortable that doesn't make him a professional pilot that can handle all circumstances so as much as I was also half joking I prefer these dudes to stay on the ground

Motorola

Reaction score
I think this team is going to be much better for having added guys like Cooks and Gilmore to the locker room. Standup dudes that are great teammates on top of the fact that they both can ball out.

Also, pretty cool that Cooks is a hobby pilot. Not the type of pastime you would expect most professional athletes to pursue!
Seattle is a great spot to flyover and see the scenery. Absolutely gorgeous natural setting.
At least it's a plane and not a helicopter. As long as your pilot is licensed planes are pretty safe. I'd much rather these guys go for a plane ride than be going 130 in a 100k car.
It’s a team trust exercise.

Word is no one would get on Brett Maher’s Cessna.
Mentioning Seattle and helicopters --- former Seahawks/now Broncos QB Russell Wilson learned to fly a helicopter.

Motorola

Reaction score
yeah I'll pass on the flying. Heck, I rather he was 'spooning" to bond, rather than fly.
giphy-downsized.gif
Now if it was Paige Spiranac that had me in this position - 1000%.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Don't care about statistics and it looks like we're talking about a amateur pilot in a football player flying that plane I'm gonna say no and I'm sticking to my original response I've seen far too many stories back in the day of all those great musicians we lost in plane crashes Yup small planes I realize it was a different time but I'd rather these dudes stay on the ground and by the way why don't you tell tell Zack Martins he's afraid of planes and he drove to training camp..
Fear over logic. The American way.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Yeah....not liking that he is putting our stars in danger. Those little planes get into more accidents than the larger ones!! I hope the coaches and Jerry tell him not to do that again!!
:rolleyes: I'm sure you were also driving down main street yelling at people who were closer then 6 feet a few years ago too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yes I know what the statistics but most of them are for large planes not small planes how do we know the maintenance records and all this stuff being kept up and by the way I believe was it Brandon cooks the pilot he may fly enough to feel comfortable that doesn't make him a professional pilot that can handle all circumstances so as much as I was also half joking I prefer these dudes to stay on the ground
I'm with you. But I'd also prefer that they not drive unless it is in a tank. Erik Williams' career got cut short because of his choice to drive 75 mph in the 35-mph zone when he was tired (not intoxicated) from hanging out in a nighclub with teammates. May have been heading for a Hall of Fame career before that.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Ya know. It’s funny. I know the statistics and I know that flying especially commercially is extraordinarily safe and the chances of dying in a plane crash are extremely small.

And yet I still get nervous and anxious when flying somewhere. Lol
Same. You won't find me anywhere near a non-commercial plane, even then I get a little nervous at the slightest rattle lol. With that said I would never tell someone not to do it. There is danger everywhere and statistically speaking it's safer than much of the stupid stuff I did in my 20s.

Praxit

Reaction score
How often do we hear, just do your job and trust the guy next to you to do his. Trusting a guy to take you up in an airplane is a good example of that. Unless of course he handed them parachutes upon boarding ;)
...lolz... even if your my teammate. Im still putting on a shoot, just in case.

John813

Reaction score
Yeah....not liking that he is putting our stars in danger. Those little planes get into more accidents than the larger ones!! I hope the coaches and Jerry tell him not to do that again!!

Yea, out here in Florida seems like a weekly event of a bad or fatal crash involving those smaller planes. I'm sure Cooks can afford the upkeep on the plane but man, it's a risky hobby.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Shocking that Cooks was allowed to fly that crop duster alone, and much more with some valuable cargo as well. I am sure most NFL contracts contain language prohibiting sports or activities in the extreme level. Doubt now that it happens again once the FO finds out about this. SMDH. And parachute jumping is definitely forbidden, to our disbelief MP may be Superman, but he cannot fly.

coult44

Reaction score
Way less accidents in planes than cars.

coult44

Reaction score
Shocking that Cooks was allowed to fly that crop duster alone, and much more with some valuable cargo as well. I am sure most NFL contracts contain language prohibiting sports or activities in the extreme level. Doubt now that it happens again once the FO finds out about this. SMDH. And parachute jumping is definitely forbidden, to our disbelief MP may be Superman, but he cannot fly.
Do you know how many times these guys fly private per week?
Some go home twice per week during the season. Don’t be uneducated and base your judgment based on your fears. Flying is wayyyyyyy safer than driving .

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
They should at least all be wearing parachutes.

lol...as if that would do any good. You need to know how to handle one first of all, you don't just shut your eyes and jump out and float magically to the ground.