Leave Your Emotions in the Lockerroom

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
I love how you titled this "Leave your emotions in the lockerroom," then proceed to post all the factors that back your personal feelings on the game. You want us to be objective PT?? After that display?? :laugh2:

How about we be objective??

The Giants are the defending champs in the division. The Eagles were in the cellar.

The Giants went out and got better on Defense in Free Agency. The Eagles got Donte Stallworth.

McNabb is healthy. Eli is improving.

The Giants have much better talent at the skill positions on offense.

The Eagles blitz a lot.

The Giants played a tough opponent Week 1, and played them tough, almost winning.

The Eagles played a patsy on the road, got behind early. Then they pulled it out.

The Eagles are at home this week. That's an advantage.

Both defenses are tough, but the Giants offense is better. I give the Giants the edge.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Chief said:
Exactly.

He comes on to a Cowboys board during the week of the Cowboys-Commanders and wants to talk about the Giants-Eagles matchup.

That's the junior varsity game.

The warm-up band.

The prelims.

The consolation bracket.

They are the Robert Goulet to our Sinatra.

They are the Rocky V to our original Rocky.

They are the Millard Fillmore to our Abraham Lincoln.

.......... Sorry, but you don't matter to us.

:lmao2:

tunahelper

Reaction score
I am going to take the Philthy at home!
Their OL/DL will be the difference in this game and season.
Too many people give McNabb the credit, but I think their defense has carried them over the years. Call me Rush, but this is a true statement IMO.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Eagles - Giants ...things to take into Consideration Before you make a Prediction!

While many of you have already cast your votes/predictions for the Eagles versus Giants game, this thread merely lays out some things to consider for those who have not voted.

Giants - 2005 NFC-East Champions
Eagles - 2004 NFC-East Champions

Giants - lost their season opener at home to the Colts
Eagles - won their season opener on the road against the Texans

Giants - Tiki Barber
Eagles - Brian Westbrook

Giants - Eli Manning against the Eagles improved pass-rush
Eagles - Donovan McNabb against the Giants front-four

Giants Swept the Eagles in 2005
Eagles own a 2-1 advantage in games played at the Linc

Giants 1st team won in the last meeting (December 2005) 26-23
Eagles 2nd team lost in the last meeting by 3-points

Giants Deep Threat WR: Plaxico Buress and Amani Toomer
Eagles Deep Threat WR: Donte Stallworth and Reggie Brown

KEY MATCHUPS

Giants LB Carlos Emmons vs. Eagles TE L.J. Smith

Giants Eli Manning vs. Eagles' DEs
Whatever you do, watch this game closely, because it will be no cake walk ...and this is not 2005!

This reads like a Harry Reid statement on why the Democrats will win back the Senate.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And how exactly does this homeristic nonsense belong on a Cowboys Message Board?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
You have the link for the Best Damn NFL Forum, why don't you use it?.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
You know ever thread you start, i really start to hate you more. YOu just fail.

You get no rawr.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
You know ever thread you start, i really start to hate you more. YOu just fail. You get no rawr.

So what! I may just consider dedicating a thread about fan who really hate other fans because they start thread.:rolleyes:

Actually, that makes about as much sense as your post. I'm talking about footbal related matters, while you're talking about the burning hate you have for me ...huh! I could be somebody you really know ...now tell me you do not know any Eagle fans!

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
So what! I may just consider dedicating a thread about fan who really hate other fans because they start thread.:rolleyes:

Actually, that makes about as much sense as your post. I'm talking about footbal related matters, while you're talking about the burning hate you have for me ...huh! I could be somebody you really know ...now tell me you do not know any Eagle fans!

I have no problem with opposing fans Starting a thread idiot. I have a problem with you and the crap you start with your thread. It's a waste of valuable space every post, and thread you make. and really makes me hate you ever so much.

Gooday, im leaving this thread now

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Giants only because they lost last week and the Eagles won. If the situation was reversed, I would root for the Eagles. I want the Cowboys, Eagles, and Giants tied at 1-1 next week, with the Commanders at 0-2.

Tricky-22

Git R Done
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
There is no point! Just some interesting observations and matchups. You folks are too skeptical!

I actually like having you on this board. You have engaged in civil debate and you haven't been a complete kool-aid drinker when it comes to discussions about your beloved Eagles.

Stick around.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:

PT - let me break this down a bit for you. You really do seem like a nice Beagle.

The Zone Forum I thought was for Dallas Cowboys information only. Therefore all Cowboys information / opinion / discussion is posted here. The rest of the nonsense (your thread here for example) is posted elsewhere on the site. I think we have other forums. I dont know. I dont go there but I think we do. Thats where you post this drivel.

Why this thread has not been moved to its appropriate place is beyond me.

Hos ???

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dallas said:
PT - let me break this down a bit for you. You really do seem like a nice Beagle.

The Zone Forum I thought was for Dallas Cowboys information only. Therefore all Cowboys information / opinion / discussion is posted here. The rest of the nonsense (your thread here for example) is posted elsewhere on the site. I think we have other forums. I dont know. I dont go there but I think we do. Thats where you post this drivel.

Why this thread has not been moved to its appropriate place is beyond me.

Hos ???

Maybe the mods have not moved it because it's fun to watch someone make a fool of themselves...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Personally, I'm tired of the nonsense.

I don't see how the Eagles' Minister of Propoganda is able to post this stuff here on a daily basis?

The fact that it's gone on this long detracts from an otherwise teriffic board with a lot of smart, considerate, giving posters.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
I have no problem with opposing fans Starting a thread idiot. I have a problem with you and the crap you start with your thread. It's a waste of valuable space every post, and thread you make. and really makes me hate you ever so much.

Gooday, im leaving this thread now

You're actually doing me a favor by leaving the thread ...I wouldn't want you to hate me anymore than you already do.:confused:

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Tricky-22 said:
I actually like having you on this board. You have engaged in civil debate and you haven't been a complete kool-aid drinker when it comes to discussions about your beloved Eagles. Stick around.

Now that was a "Tricky" post!:rolleyes: