Lebreton: Boycott

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
We already had one boycott thread. At least a local writer gets what it takes to get to Jerry. If you read this column with Jerry's quotes it really is scary what Jerrah thinks

http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/12/17/5427571/cowboys-fans-only-hope-boycott.html

You can blame Jason Garrett, if you want. You can blame the defense or Monte Kiffin or Tony Romo or Dez Bryant leaving early.
But save some of the blame for the suckers who keep buying tickets and who blindly patronize the Cowboys’ sponsors.
Drop an Apathy-bomb on Jerry. It might be the only thing he understands.

pastordug

Reaction score
Spot on. And unless someone starts this grass movement we will continue to suffer. I mean really. How difficult would it be, if the last game means nothing, for people to NOT go to the game? Send JJ a message he WILL listen to: NO MORE MONEY FOR YOU JJ.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone know if the Cowboys set a record for revenues again this year, or not?

links18

Reaction score
I really doubt something liek this can be organized in any effective way, but it doesn't mean that fan apathy won't emerge spontaneously on its own. Fedex Field has been virtually empty by the end of the last several Skins games, but do you think its going to be empty on Sunday?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just look at some of the responses in this thread and you'll understand why a fan revolt will never happen.

They don't even know that they are the problem.

That's not why it's not going to happen. A fan revolt will never happen because people follow the Cowboys because they are interesting, not because they are (or aren't) good. Period.

The NFL is a reality tv show, and it's a good one because the characters and the plot lines always change. There's a week of content to consume in the build up to a game, and then the game itself, and then it starts over. After 17 weeks, the teams reload and change strategy, and that is interesting in and of itself. It's never going to be the case that NFL fans don't watch the Cowboys, and pretending it will in order to make yourself feel like you've got the secret answer to a question that's not even being asked isn't going to address the 'problem.' If the problem, as you see it, is Jerry Jones, it's not going to get fixed until either he dies, or he sells the team. A boycott is trying to drain an ocean with a bucket.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really doubt something liek this can be organized in any effective way, but it doesn't mean that fan apathy won't emerge spontaneously on its own. Fedex Field has been virtually empty by the end of the last several Skins games, but do you think its going to be empty on Sunday?

There is fan apathy but for every fan with a clue there's a melvin ready to take his seat to show his loyalty to his team. Go Cowboys and all that.

Doomsay

Reaction score
I'm not a local, but it seems like the Dallas media although skeptical of Jerry, don't openly confront him that often. If he got hammered on his radio shows more often perhaps his hobby and media personality fantasy world wouldn't be that appealing to him anymore.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Who cares if it doesn't effect JJ financially, his ego would take a shot and that's all us fans have at this point? A lot of fans quick to placate....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a local, but it seems like the Dallas media although skeptical of Jerry, don't openly confront him that often. If he got hammered on his radio shows more often perhaps his hobby and media personality fantasy world wouldn't be that appealing to him anymore.

Very true. Jerry would get absolutely killed in Philadelphia for what he does. New York too. Yet the Dallas media seems afraid of him and his first born chubby son.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I think people are dead wrong about it not working. Jones has said in interviews that he takes this stuff personally. He listens to the radio, he reads the news and what people are saying. He heard the fans booing last year and thought making things uncomfortable was the answer. As the article says he likes to dig in his heels but overall if people weren't showing up and was embarrassing his products when cameras flashed across the stadium he would listen. It's like a Vegas show or him ad if that show has no on talking about it or there, then the glitz disappears and you have zero.

As far as confronting Jerry. Wasn't there video of some guy asking Jerry tough questions last year and Jerry got a little pissy? I think he is open game now more than in past years.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who cares if it doesn't effect JJ financially, his ego would take a shot and that's all us fans have at this point?

I agree. I think empty stadiums and falling merchandise sales would bring change. Not GM change, but certainly some change where we didn't have the lunatic large and in charge with a freckled faced puppet as a head coach. We'd see another Parcells type situation.

But that's not even relevant to me. Why any fan of this team would want to support the guy who has destroyed this franchise is beyond me. Instead of worrying about your loyalty why don't you show us your brains and refrain from feeding this beast.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very true. Jerry would get absolutely killed in Philadelphia for what he does. New York too. Yet the Dallas media seems afraid of him and his first born chubby son.

Yes...the dallas media is always complimentary of the ownership and this team.

tumblr_lw2fmqETLR1qbycn1o1_400.gif

Dwight

Reaction score
Cowboys fans who think nothing is wrong with this team need to get their heads check. I was a teenager when I figured out something was wrong with Jerry's methods of operating this team, now I'm 33 years old. If you are an adult and still see nothing wrong and not doing anything about it, I question your cognitive ability and your fan support of this once great franchise.