Lebreton: Boycott

KB1122

Reaction score
I would say a better idea is to politically organize fans local to Arlington.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Cowboys set a record for revenues again this year, or not?

Dallas, Washington, and Houston are the top 3 revenue teams if I am not mistaken

Houston has 2 wins, skins have 3 wins, and we are 500 for the millionth time

Revenue does not equal wins in the NFL

Zordon

Reaction score
Dallas, Washington, and Houston are the top 3 revenue teams if I am not mistaken

look at the economies of those 3 cities. having a team in a thriving market>>>having a winner.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'm not a local, but it seems like the Dallas media although skeptical of Jerry, don't openly confront him that often. If he got hammered on his radio shows more often perhaps his hobby and media personality fantasy world wouldn't be that appealing to him anymore.

Until recently, with the absence of articles like this, the Dallas media has been going through the motions also.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

That was my point. Boycotting isn't effective in a league where wins don't lead to more revenues.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Teams are becoming less and less dependent on ticket sales for their revenue streams. Dallas grossed over 500m last year and had 230m in profit before taxes. A minor boycott would have ZERO impact on Jones. Baltimore Oriole fans having been staging them for years against Peter Angelos and he just keep getting richer and richer. The money is in TV, Radio and sponsorships and Dallas cleans up in those departments.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Making Jones the scapegoat makes for a good martyr. Woe is we who can do nothing but suffer that of our tormentor.

I don't think about 'problems' the same way as others do here so my answering your question probably isn't going to do much for you. I think occam's razor is a copout that has been proven wrong ultimately time and again.

But isn't digging at JJ's pride a way of not giving into the woe is me mentality? JJ, if not the sole problem, is a major contributor to the dysfunction of the professional NFL dynamic that is generally the standard.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Jerry has already said he likes the pain although I suspect he's lying.

I think he wants to be loved, liked & thought of as this great smart football guy.

The Cowboys are his Lego toy but he still wants all the kids to walk by & think what he built is cool.

The Grim Reaper will be the only one that stops Jerry from being Jerry. He can't beat that guy.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Nothing today changed anyone's mind I'm sure; we barely beat probably the worst team in the league as is.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Jerry has already said he likes the pain although I suspect he's lying.

I think he wants to be loved, liked & thought of as this great smart football guy.

The Cowboys are his Lego toy but he still wants all the kids to walk by & think what he built is cool.

The Grim Reaper will be the only one that stops Jerry from being Jerry. He can't beat that guy.

It's easy to dance around the question when you are rarely asked it directly.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
The organizers hit a snag; they realized they didn't look spoiled and entitled enough so they're waiting until we're in the playoffs to start the boycott.[/quote.

Yes, because Cowboys fans are "spoiled" by this perennial playoff contender as a result of the structure of this organization. Anyone who has seen JJ's reign of success should not be considered "spoiled" because he lucks into a few playoff one and dones. You sound just as silly :)

Last edited: