Twitter: Lebron James almost a Cowboy?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well he has a football mentality. Put your head down, drive through the opponent, then cry when there's no flag.

Reactions: BAT

quickccc

Reaction score
yeh yeh yeh yaaaaaaaaaaaawn ..

so was Carl Lewis ...and etc. etc. :confused:

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Ok, if your referring to him marketing himself blame Stern and Silver for that. NBA is a player driven league who needs their star players to market themselves. Add the blame to Jordan and Kobe as well. LeBron is just trying to be like them.

im not talking about marketing himself.

DanA

Reaction score
I can totally believe that. I can't help but wonder if he was supposed to be a WR or TE, though.

He might have been a "tweener." Whatever it might have been, he was surely athletic enough!

At 6’8 260lbs I’m going with TE

robjay04

Reaction score
I can tell you never saw MJ play.

Or Bo Jackson. Or Deion Sanders.

Not Bo Jackson...but the others yeah.

How is Bo Jackson relevant to this? Lebron is one of the best athletes of all time...how is that remotely debatable?

CWR

Reaction score
Could he get all his super friends from other NFL teams to join us?

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Lol, who’s going to cover him? CBs would bounce off of him.

If he had legit hands and could run mediocre routes, he’d be close to unstoppable one on one.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Lebron doesn't like any contact. I can't see how football would have worked out.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
When LeBron last played football in high school, his coach timed him at a 4.4 40. And LeBron was a 6'8" 260 pound tank even back then.

IMO, the dude is a generational athlete whose talent simply transcends sports. No, he wouldn't have the faintest clue of what he would be doing as a WR or TE. Yes, he could still be a 1,000 yard receiver at either spot.

Proof

Reaction score
Lol! His knees wouldn't last a month in the nfl. To different animals
MJ makes lebron look like a HS players and he couldn't make it in baseball! OK!!!!

Lol get out of here, Jordan doesn’t make Lebron look like anything, stop it. And baseball is a far different beast than baseball. Lebron could walk on as a TE right now. Doubt he could hit a solid breaking ball tho

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Not Bo Jackson...but the others yeah.

How is Bo Jackson relevant to this? Lebron is one of the best athletes of all time...how is that remotely debatable?

Lebron's a great athlete. One of the greatest, perhaps. But the statement was made in this thread (not by you) that he is the greatest athlete we've ever seen. You appeared to support that notion by objecting to the suggestion that MJ was better. I don't think that's really debatable to anyone who saw them both.

Bo was just another name from the same era that I think most objective observers would have to place ahead of Lebron (and probably even ahead of MJ) as a pure athlete. Deion too.