Twitter: Lebron James almost a Cowboy?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
For one year, in 1994, Jordan played for a minor league team, the Birmingham Barons, as an outfielder. This decision came shortly following the murder of Jordan's father, who always wanted him to play baseball. Sometimes it doesn't pay to listen to your parents. I stated, SOMETIMES. :muttley:

Nav22

Reaction score
No venom at all. Lebron is a certified super star in his sport........some of us just dont agree it translates to football.

Kind of like Too Tall Jones in Professional Boxing
There’s a lot of people here slamming him as a competitor and as a basketball player.

Even if you think he couldn’t play a down in the NFL, it’s silly to slam one of the greatest basketball players of all-time on his basketball ability.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No venom at all. Lebron is a certified super star in his sport........some of us just dont agree it translates to football.

Kind of like Too Tall Jones in Professional Boxing
Jones was undefeated 6-0 with 5 KO in his pro boxing career.

Nav22

Reaction score
Great player and passer but I don’t believe he is a pass-first player. Due to his longevity he may hold all the stats records but nothing he does can move him above MJ in my eyes. My list I probably have him # 3 behind MJ and KAJ. He is a physical freak and all time great but doesn’t mean you have to like him.
I didn’t say he’s better than MJ.

Usually it’s Kobe Bryant fans who slam LeBron the hardest. They’re upset that LeBron’s better than their guy was.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Undoubtedly? Really? Lol. My personal opinion is I want guys with heart and killer instinct. Not guys who leave a team with cramps in the playoffs.
I guess you've never had cramps so bad you could not continue. You don't understand it is a real thing. Having cramps that bad has nothing to do with heart or killer instincts.

I don't think Lebron could play TE either because he would lack the ability to block. Blocking is a special skill set that requires " want to" and getting physical with grown men. I don't think LeBron possesses that ability.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Trust me I’m not disagreeing. But I’ve played both. And soccer is much more demanding on the cardio front. Some of these guys are running 30 km a game. Lol. And I mean running. Hockey players glide a lot. Still demanding but 24 mins of skating is not as demanding as 90 plus minutes of running.

Soccer players are not running 30 km per game. They usually do about 8 to 10 km per game and on rare occasions a professional player may end up running 15 km in a game. Running 10 km per game is a feat of endurance.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Soccer players are not running 30 km per game. They usually do about 8 to 10 km per game and on rare occasions a professional player may end up running 15 km in a game. Running 10 km per game is a feat of endurance.
Midfielders can do anything between 11-17. Forwards less and defenders less still. I was trying to calculate from miles to km being an American site and failed lol. Either way. That’s a lot of running lol

joseephuss

Reaction score
Lebron stepping onto an NFL game in 2011 would have been challenging. It probably would have been limited to redzone plays where he has to out jump the defenders in the endzone. Probably would have worked a few times. Had he taken the college football route and then made it to the NFL he probably could have done a bit more. No guarantee he would be great, but he could do a little more than just jump balls in the endzone.

There have been all kinds of great athletes in the NFL. He would have been on the list of greatest athletes to play the game. The list of guys to play at his height isn't that long and he moves better than most guys that have played at that height in the NFL.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. He’s better than Magic was. Compare their resumes and stats.

LeBron’s a much more athletic Magic and a much better scorer.
He's clearly a better scorer than Magic, but better all around is at least debatable. As for stats, scoring is the only category where LeBron is notably better, and Assists is the one category where Magic is notably better. Other categories are pretty comparable. I also think it's reasonable to argue that Magic controlled the tempo of a game and was more able to maximize the abilities of his teammates.

jrumann59

Reaction score
How long would it take him to refine his NFL route running and blocking. Athlete is one thing but the difference between top tier athlete and the lower rung is not that great. Athleticism will get him some cushion but he still needs to learn intricacies of the NFL.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You guys are right. Basketball players never ever make it in the NFL.

julius-peppers-unc-basketball-carolina-home.jpg

photos.medleyphoto.4006147.jpg

articleLarge.jpg

Mo-Alie-Cox.png

pg2_i_jgraham_sy_576.jpg

20130912__julius-thomas-broncos-AP091129062344p1.jpg

1968+Cornell+Green.jpg

What an absurd idea.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
For one year, in 1994, Jordan played for a minor league team, the Birmingham Barons, as an outfielder. This decision came shortly following the murder of Jordan's father, who always wanted him to play baseball. Sometimes it doesn't pay to listen to your parents. I stated, SOMETIMES. :muttley:
And Terry Francona, his manager, stated that with 1500+ at bats in the minors MJ could have made it to the majors.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Against virtual nobodies. Muhammad Ali was never in any danger.
Granted. There is still no basis to compare Jones's boxing career to other athletes who didn't do so well when switching sports.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Lmao these dudes really think Lebron isn’t a better All around athlete than those guys?
you really think Lebron is better athlete than Herschel? pound for pound better than Larry?

Lebron has great physical attributes & talent but just because what he does on a basketball court "looks" more athletic than most football plays doesn't mean it is. Would he have a chance to be a good football player? sure. But until I see a guy show me he's a football player his athleticism is just potential. The NFL cuts guys everyday that are world class athletes.