Lebron James Opts Out...and comedy ensues

cml750

Reaction score
I am hoping he ends up forming a big 3 in H-Town with Harden and Howard.

cml750

Reaction score
Not necessarily... It would depend on what they did to the overall team. I'm not a big fan of gutting the team just to get 1 player.

I'm glad I am not the only Rockets fan on here. Do you ever visit Clutchfans? As for Lebron(or Melo), I think they could clear most of the cap room buy trading Asik and Lin. I just hope they keep Parsons!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm glad I am not the only Rockets fan on here. Do you ever visit Clutchfans? As for Lebron(or Melo), I think they could clear most of the cap room buy trading Asik and Lin. I just hope they keep Parsons!
There are a few Rockets fans...and a few observers just for proximity's sake.

I registered on there awhile back, but I'm too engaged over here to really get into another forum. I don't even remember my login info. I know it was something diff than woodysgirl. I follow them on twitter, tho.

cml750

Reaction score
There are a few Rockets fans...and a few observers just for proximity's sake.

I registered on there awhile back, but I'm too engaged over here to really get into another forum. I don't even remember my login info. I know it was something diff than woodysgirl. I follow them on twitter, tho.

Do you live in the Houston area? I am in the Beaumont area. I have always been a Cowboys and Rockets fan. I was an Astro's fan until they moved to the American League. Now I don't follow baseball.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you live in the Houston area? I am in the Beaumont area. I have always been a Cowboys and Rockets fan. I was an Astro's fan until they moved to the American League. Now I don't follow baseball.

Yeah, I live in Houston, but grew up in Fort Worth. I was a Rockets follower back in the Moses Malone days, but wasn't a real fan until I moved here.

Not a baseball fan, at all. I'm always interested in what the locals are doing, but I don't go all out in support.

cml750

Reaction score
Yeah, I live in Houston, but grew up in Fort Worth. I was a Rockets follower back in the Moses Malone days, but wasn't a real fan until I moved here.

Not a baseball fan, at all. I'm always interested in what the locals are doing, but I don't go all out in support.

Yea, I started following the Rockets when Moses was manning the middle too. When Dream was drafted I became a die hard fan. I closely followed Dream on Phi Slamma Jamma ans was on cloud nine when the Rockets drafted him. Dream ranks up there with Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson,Tony Dorsett, Randy White, Harvey Martin, Too Tall Jones, Emiittt Smith, Troy Aikman, Michael Irvin, and Nolan Ryan as my favorite sports people in history.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
The only way imo that Lebron stays in Miami is if Dwade opts out of his contract and then resigns with the Heat.

IIRC, Wade would get around 20 mil next year if he opts in. If that happens, they won't be able to sign any additional players without breaking up the big 3.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
imo he opted out so that if the heat dont sign melo, he's gone

I don't really see how the Heat can sign Anthoney. They are on the hook for 20 Mil + for Wade on a player option. 20 Mil + for Bosh but he has opted out and said he would take less money but how much less? They would still have to resign James to a bigger salary then 20 Mil +, which was his salary for the upcoming year and then sign Anthoney for big money. I believe Anthoney walked away from 23 Mil + so you would think that you would have to pay him more. If you signed Anthony, then you would almost have to lose Bosh which means you need to go out and get another Center or Wade and unless Wade decides to retire, I don't see that happening.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, morals has nothing to do with this conversation. If you want to say preference, that's cool but liking a player because he's flashy or because he's business like is no reflection, what so ever, on a person's moral standards.

Of course you don't believe morals have anything to do with it. It takes a real man/woman to be able to admit their short comings.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Of course you don't believe morals have anything to do with it. It takes a real man/woman to be able to admit their short comings.

Right. Well, you are pretty much alone in your opinion here so I'll spare the wasted breath and just say that you are entitled to your opinion, however misguided it may be.