Lebron to the Lakers

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No one realizes just how much work Ingram has put in during this off season so far, and people always overlook what they don't find appealing. A lot of this conversation is just based in emotionalism due to the uncontrollable disappointment they are experiencing from recent events. The Lakers will not be easy to beat at home even when the other teams are more talented.

I agree with those who say that the Lakers young players are much better then they are getting credit for. I don't know what happens with Ball but I do know that Ingram and Kuz are highly, highly valued by the organization.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Both those players decided where they wanted to be. Both went for the money so I mean, I don't blame them for that but I don't think either of those situations are the same as Leonard. Either way, I don't think it matters. I think Leonard ends up in LA, sooner or later. That's what I believe and if he pushes it, the League isn't going to do anything much about it IMO. You know what I'm saying is true JT. I don't understand why you are arguing this point with me. You know the League is picking winners and losers. You watch way to much to not know this.
LOL. They decided where they wanted to be a year LATER when they had contract options.
They did NOT get their wishes met in trade and never ended up at their once desired location.

None of us know what will happen with Kawhi. His Bird rights move in trade or he loses them altogether in FA.
Staying under the cap by 30m next year severely hamstrings LA in team building now and next off-season.
A smart org and team would have completed the trade then operated above the cap.
LBJ or Rich Paul seem to have become de facto Lakers GM and those dolts ruined CLE.
The spare vet corpes left behind in LeBron's wake tell you he is not the guy to decide on your free agent targets and strat.

The Lakers had a promising young lineup to be sure. But you don;t mesh that with LeBron.
Totally different team objectives and style of play. 34 year old LeBron isn't playing uptempo run and gun, LOL.

The team move for LeBron meant a team move to win it all NOW.

So you keep a couple kids and you move a couple kids and some future picks in the next couple seasons that likely wouldn't develop or play for you anyway.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I agree with those who say that the Lakers young players are much better then they are getting credit for. I don't know what happens with Ball but I do know that Ingram and Kuz are highly, highly valued by the organization.
every fan base overrates it's young players.
that's not just the Lakers but it's certainly true for them.
dallas fans are freaking out over yogi ferrell lol

put another way the best statistical laker last year (points plus rebounds) was julius randle.
he was renounced by the team and only got a short-term MLE deal.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
LOL. They decided where they wanted to be a year LATER when they had contract options.
They did NOT get their wishes met in trade and never ended up at their once desired location.

None of us know what will happen with Kawhi. His Bird rights move in trade or he loses them altogether in FA.
Staying under the cap by 30m next year severely hamstrings LA in team building now and next off-season.
A smart org and team would have completed the trade then operated above the cap.
LBJ or Rich Paul seem to have become de facto Lakers GM and those dolts ruined CLE.
The spare vet corpes left behind in LeBron's wake tell you he is not the guy to decide on your free agent targets and strat.

The Lakers had a promising young lineup to be sure. But you don;t mesh that with LeBron.
Totally different team objectives and style of play. 34 year old LeBron isn't playing uptempo run and gun, LOL.

The team move for LeBron meant a team move to win it all NOW.

So you keep a couple kids and you move a couple kids and some future picks in the next couple seasons that likely wouldn't develop or play for you anyway.

"Once Desired"? Anthony had a contact offer on the table from the Lakers. He could have taken it. He didn't. The Knicks or the NBA didn't stop him from doing that. He decided against it. That was his decision. George did not give the Lakers a meeting. He decided to take the money in OKC. Whatever George said about wanting to go to LA, he decided to stay in OKC. The situations are different but seems like you refuse to acknowledge this. That's fine but you are not going to try and seriously convince me that this was, somehow, not driven by each player. The league had nothing to do with either of those decisions ultimately.

In fact, with the Lakers, they are in a much better financial situation next year. Stay under the cap unless the offer is to your benefit and then go out and sign two max contracts next year. There is no benefit to them moving over the cap this season, if it costs them more then just money. That's just not true JT.

Lakers are going to have a lot of payroll flexibility next year and a lot of cap to work with. I just see no advantage to trying to sacrifice the future for a team with two or three high level guys and no bench around them. The Lakers can have both if they just stay patient. Two or three top level guys are not going to beat GS. You have to have a team and you have to have depth and the way the Lakers get that is by not panicking and offering San Antonio the future, just because somebody thinks they need Leonard now to finish 2nd or 3rd in the West. They can finish 2nd or 3rd in the West now, without doing one more thing IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
every fan base overrates it's young players.
that's not just the Lakers but it's certainly true for them.
dallas fans are freaking out over yogi ferrell lol

This might have something to it if it were not for the fact that virtually every major trade scenario involving the Lakers comes down to a trade for Ingram or Kuz or both. So it's not the fan base driving this, it's other teams. The Lakers have consistently refused to move either of these players and lets face it, that's probably what's holding up a Leonard deal right now. No, this is not random fan speak. The Organization values both of those guys greatly and that's easy to see. That's not misguided fan obsession.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
put another way the best statistical laker last year (points plus rebounds) was julius randle.
he was renounced by the team and only got a short-term MLE deal.

I hated to see that happen but in honesty, that was coming the minute the Lakers signed LeBron. They play the same position and Randle wanted a 3 to 4 year deal. The Lakers are structuring only 1 year deals and his contract demands simply didn't line up. They would have signed him to a one year deal gladly and I'd guess that he probably would have gotten a better deal on that but he didn't want that so they released him. That was driven more by him then by anything.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
It's clear LeBron will never be in the Finals again. The real question is, will he ever be in the playoffs again?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's clear LeBron will never be in the Finals again. The real question is, will he ever be in the playoffs again?
A potential Portland blow up could help them. Also Minnesota could be looking to trade Wiggins, that could weaken them. Although it could also strengthen as Wiggins is a one dimensional and inefficient scorer

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dame is probably the most compelling players on that list. Dont know if the Lakers can hid him on defense. Wall is a better player, but he has turned into a bit of a headcase. DeRozan is pretty weak defensively too, and while Beal is probably better he gets hurt too much

I think Ball, Hart and some picks get it done for Dame.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Ingram or Kuzma. I would like to keep Ball as well but i'm starting to lean in the direction that because of his father they may trade him. Shame because the kid seems like he's fairly grounded, but the Dad is off the wall for attention and some kind of branding fantasy that he's seems to be stuck in.

If they trade Ingram, Kuzma, or Hart i will be a little upset. Now if they trade Ball, Hart, and one 1st RDer for Leonard i might feel optimistic. I don't know what Leonard has left after his injury, what kind of player is he going to be. For those other names i would give a lot less. I wouldn't over spend if i was in the Lakers FO. Better nothing than a broken or partly washed up something.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't trade Ingram or Kuzma. I would like to keep Ball as well but i'm starting to lean in the direction that because if his father they may trade him. Shame because the kid seems like he's fairly grounded, but the Dad is off the wall for attention and some kind of branding fantasy that he's seems to be stuck in.

If they trade Ingram, Kuzma, or Hart i will be a little upset. Now if they trade Ball, Hart, and one 1st RDer for Leonard i might feel optimistic. I don't know what Leonard has left after his injury, what kind of player is he going to be. For those other names i would give a lot less. I wouldn't over spend if i was in the Lakers FO. Better nothing than a broken or partly washed up something.
If they could swing a deal with for Dame ( or McCollum) you are foolish not too. Portland needs the shave money because they will paying repeater tax for a team that cant get out of the first round. Ball and picks for Dame is crazy value for LA. Thats the type of move a good organization does, take advantage of desperation

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
If they could swing a deal with for Dame ( or McCollum) you are foolish not too. Portland needs the shave money because they will paying repeater tax for a team that cant get out of the first round. Ball and picks for Dame is crazy value for LA. Thats the type of move a good organization does, take advantage of desperation
The word "picks" and actually saying which picks is two different things. I wouldn't give up two first rounders if that's what your thinking.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The word "picks" and actually saying which picks is two different things. I wouldn't give up two first rounders if that's what your thinking.
The firsts would be late firsts, and you have to stagger them as you can trade in consecutive. But Ball and two late firsts for Lilliard is a huge win for LA. Whoever gets the best player usually wins the trade and neither Ball or anyone the Lakers would pick in ranges 25 or below are likely to be anywhere near as good as Dame

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
The firsts would be late firsts, and you have to stagger them as you can trade in consecutive. But Ball and two late firsts for Lilliard is a huge win for LA. Whoever gets the best player usually wins the trade and neither Ball or anyone the Lakers would pick in ranges 25 or below are likely to be anywhere near as good as Dame
"Likely" is for wishing wells. I believe the Lakers FO can pick up decent players who can contribute in the late 1st RD. Kuzma late pick. Hart late pick. This new kid at PF has potential, also a late pick. Dame is getting older and less motivated with each passing day. No deal.

Ren

Reaction score
Was hoping he would go to Houston, that could have challenged the Warriors nothing the Lakers do this year is going to

ghst187

Reaction score
Same can be said for LeBron and LAL. He already left CLE for not being good enough as a Finalist.
All these guys chose situations for winning mostly.

Will LeBron be happy as the 3rd or 4th best team in the West? I don't think so.
I expect new CBA to address super teams.

True
Not seeing Lebrun win a ring in LA

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are reports that signing Lebron may have actually turned Kawhi off on the Lakers and may be more interested in the Clippers. Apparently he doesnt want to form a super team

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
There are reports that signing Lebron may have actually turned Kawhi off on the Lakers and may be more interested in the Clippers. Apparently he doesnt want to form a super team
Yeah, well, good luck for him there in Clipperville. Not. If he wants to win he needs to join a team with other superstars, not go to a middling franchise like the Clippers who are losers every year

I'm convinced they'll never win. Kawhi or otherwise. They blew their chance. I do like their owner, tho. I know some think he's obnoxious, but if Cuban gets away with it, he should, too (granted, Cuban has won). Similar owners, imo, just one has 10x the net worth of the other :)

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Any team that can trade for Kawhi should.
Rule 1 in the NBA is to get the best player in any deal.

No offense to Lakers fans but they are full on delusional if they think Kuzma or Ingram are worth 10 cents on the dollar of what Kawhi is worth as a top 5 NBA player.

You can draft those guys about once every 3-4 years.