Lebron to the Lakers

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What’s the worst nightmare in sports?
It’s when your team is in last place AND have traded away their draft picks. That’s where the Lakers will be in 3 years. And again in 4 years.

Trying to build around LeBron is a fool’s errand. They will load up to the win the West..and will fail. Even if somehow it succeeds...it will be very short term.

In comparison Celtics are in good, young and loaded future picks.

Lakers have their future #1 draft picks. Next off season we will add another max player to go with our core.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Exactly!!! You look for those types of deals once you are OVER the cap and have given up on future cap space deals.
So you trade for Kawhi now and are better but also have your direction laid out so you can attack becoming a legit title contender.

Kuzma, Ingram and Hart are NOT going to be starters on a title winning team in the next couple seasons.
The NBA does not work that way. Never has, never will.

Wrong, my Tarrot cards say they will. Better than your cards. lol.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
What about Magic Johnson, didn't he win a title as a rookie, i'm sure other young players have started on title winning teams as well. Never has, never will, you seem to love adding drama to your posts hoping they come across as substance. I think you have no idea what your talking about.

He's a jilted Spurs fan 'cause Kawhi wants to be a Laker.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
HA!. GSW laugh at that and get Boogie.

Wow. I asked this question before I even considered Boogie. That's crazy. Probably the best true center in the league when healthy.

Curry, Thompson, Durant, Green, Cousins... wut

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Lakers need Kawhi. Any chance at the Greek Freak? Love that dude. My piss-flavored cereal tastes ******* awesome, Terrell

BRON

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yep. Instead he chose Hollywood.

He's finished as a Championship contender. He's just stat compiling now.
“Stat compiling?”

Maybe chasing money if you must pick a snark narrative. He has all the stats, mon frere

Hardline

Reaction score
LeBron going to the west in the age of Golden State insures he will never see an NBA finals again.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
LeBron going to the west in the age of Golden State insures he will never see an NBA finals again.
I've said this is retirement and boy it angers Lakers fans but reality is he could have signed in PHI (I hate no city on earth more) and been a lock in the Finals yearly for the next 3-4 years.
In LA he has to start from scratch with a non-playoff team and try to climb up 8 SOLID playoff team's to be at the top.
I don't think he touches the top 2 and OKC may well rise to 3rd with more aggressive moves.
LBJ will have to play hard as heck to get a decent playoff seed. That Akers team can;t jut go win a random Wednesday night western conference road game versus the 7th or 8th best WC team. They'll have to really play.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That was a joke, guys. Sorry. I’ve probly been the most insufferable poster in these basketball threads.

Carry on as if I was a fart in the wind....
Don't worry Trouty, there's one guy here who just keeps repeating the same thing over and over in this thread, no matter how bad you think your posts are his are 100x worse. Actually if you were typing blind folded your posts would be still be better than his.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ROFL no it is a terrible sample of what you are saying.
It is EXACTLY what I am saying.
A player can't control where they get traded to and they can't control their destination while under contract.
They can try to discuss a buy out, they can ask for a trade, they can even get permission for their Agent to work trades, but the team has to execute it.
Disgruntled Carmelo's value has fallen so much he can't opt out now.
It's literally not possible for him to get 18M a year on the open market.

If Kawhi is asking the Lakers to go get him and they don;t they ALSO risk alienating him.
And for what? A couple kids they aren't gonna start and a future first? Oy Vey....

Just watch the rest of the dominoes fall.
I already tried to tell the non-patently absurd Lakers fans that LBJ wasn't playing with a bunch of kids.
Lakers immediately sign McGee, Stephenson, Rondo. Are negotiating with ancient Matty Barnes.

These guys are playing with LeBron.
A Kawhi trade is likely coming. Or they just like wasting cap money signing guys to not play.

I don't agree JT. Anthony did force the Knicks to trade him and that is what I said to begin with. Anthony did pick where he wanted to go because he could have come to the Lakers and he went with money. He absolutely did pick where he wanted to go. He basically did everything you say can't happen. What Anthony can get now is none relevant. That's age, as much as anything.

If "Leonard" gets alienated, so what. Next years FA class is pretty good and the Lakers will have a lot of players to choose from so the Lakers need to do what is best for the team. All these guys that the Lakers have signed are one year deals so I don't see that there is any link to the whole, "LeBron aint playing with a bunch of young guys" at all. I see the Lakers fitting pieces into the puzzle to try and fill out a roster that can be competitive this season but these are not long term moves. Leonard would be but none of these others are. "The rest of the dominoes" haven't even started to fall IMO. The Lakers have a plan IMO and it's not a one year plan. They are thinking two and three years here.

I think Leonard wants to be in LA but the Lakers shouldn't make stupid moves just to get him. They don't need to.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I don't agree JT. Anthony did force the Knicks to trade him and that is what I said to begin with. Anthony did pick where he wanted to go because he could have come to the Lakers and he went with money. He absolutely did pick where he wanted to go. He basically did everything you say can't happen. What Anthony can get now is none relevant. That's age, as much as anything.

If "Leonard" gets alienated, so what. Next years FA class is pretty good and the Lakers will have a lot of players to choose from so the Lakers need to do what is best for the team. All these guys that the Lakers have signed are one year deals so I don't see that there is any link to the whole, "LeBron aint playing with a bunch of young guys" at all. I see the Lakers fitting pieces into the puzzle to try and fill out a roster that can be competitive this season but these are not long term moves. Leonard would be but none of these others are. "The rest of the dominoes" haven't even started to fall IMO. The Lakers have a plan IMO and it's not a one year plan. They are thinking two and three years here.

I think Leonard wants to be in LA but the Lakers shouldn't make stupid moves just to get him. They don't need to.
Rome wasn't built in a day?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score

My man, this isn't compiclated.
George and Carmelo BOTH wanted to be traded to specific destinations.
Carmelo to CLE w LeBron and PG13 to LAL.
NEITHER guy got his wish.
Yes, a disgruntled player can force a trade ... though both guys showed up and participated as required until traded. But they can NOT force a trade to a single team.
So no, Kawhi can't force a trade to LAL.

It's also just common sense that you don't want to anger someone just for the sake of angering them when they control your future.
Kawhi has a full year before he is a free agent. He obviously wants a trade and extension now.
His best bet is to shut up and allow SAS to get what it requires from LAL.
LeBron and Kawhi trying to force SAS into a cheap trade will not happen.
Pop is not going to be bullied and both guys should have enough good sense to know that.
As a Mavs fan I am hopeful that the Spurs are bad for a decade plus but reality is this trade is only going to happen and the Lakers are only going to be good if they
satisfy Pop's trade requirements.

Another nasty side effect is this: Lock out and CBA renegotiation. Guys with mega max deals should want to get to the teams they want under the money they want ASAP.
Because this Superteam era is VERY unlikely to continue in the new CBA.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The second the GS ship starts looking to be in rough waters KD will bail.
Same can be said for LeBron and LAL. He already left CLE for not being good enough as a Finalist.
All these guys chose situations for winning mostly.

Will LeBron be happy as the 3rd or 4th best team in the West? I don't think so.
I expect new CBA to address super teams.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Rome wasn't built in a day?

Heck, the smallest town you ever heard of wasn't built in a day. I'm OK with waiting to see how it shakes out. If the Lakers get Leonard, that would be great. If they don't, they still have a really bright future ahead IMO.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
My man, this isn't compiclated.
George and Carmelo BOTH wanted to be traded to specific destinations.
Carmelo to CLE w LeBron and PG13 to LAL.
NEITHER guy got his wish.
Yes, a disgruntled player can force a trade ... though both guys showed up and participated as required until traded. But they can NOT force a trade to a single team.
So no, Kawhi can't force a trade to LAL.

It's also just common sense that you don't want to anger someone just for the sake of angering them when they control your future.
Kawhi has a full year before he is a free agent. He obviously wants a trade and extension now.
His best bet is to shut up and allow SAS to get what it requires from LAL.
LeBron and Kawhi trying to force SAS into a cheap trade will not happen.
Pop is not going to be bullied and both guys should have enough good sense to know that.
As a Mavs fan I am hopeful that the Spurs are bad for a decade plus but reality is this trade is only going to happen and the Lakers are only going to be good if they
satisfy Pop's trade requirements.

Another nasty side effect is this: Lock out and CBA renegotiation. Guys with mega max deals should want to get to the teams they want under the money they want ASAP.
Because this Superteam era is VERY unlikely to continue in the new CBA.

Both those players decided where they wanted to be. Both went for the money so I mean, I don't blame them for that but I don't think either of those situations are the same as Leonard. Either way, I don't think it matters. I think Leonard ends up in LA, sooner or later. That's what I believe and if he pushes it, the League isn't going to do anything much about it IMO. You know what I'm saying is true JT. I don't understand why you are arguing this point with me. You know the League is picking winners and losers. You watch way to much to not know this.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Heck, the smallest town you ever heard of wasn't built in a day. I'm OK with waiting to see how it shakes out. If the Lakers get Leonard, that would be great. If they don't, they still have a really bright future ahead IMO.
No one realizes just how much work Ingram has put in during this off season so far, and people always overlook what they don't find appealing. A lot of this conversation is just based in emotionalism due to the uncontrollable disappointment they are experiencing from recent events. The Lakers will not be easy to beat at home even when the other teams are more talented.