Lebron to the Lakers

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They have shooters to surround Lebron. Still a good chance Lakers also resign Randle (stretch Deng).

Lebron
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle (think he will be resigned)
Lonzo
Hart
K.C.P
Stephenson

Add in rookies Wagner, Mykhailiuk, Malik Newman, Joel Berry II, all are deadly 3pt shooters. That's 12 deep right there, all can hit 3's outside of Randle.

Yes, technically, they can all hit the three. The question is are they actually good at it?

The Lakers were the second-worst 3 PT shooting team in the NBA last year.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, technically, they can all hit the three. The question is are they actually good at it?

Shhhhhhhhh.......no facts allowed in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigdnlaca

Reaction score

Well if we are going by stats, a lot of the bad 3 point shooting players from percentage are not on the team anymore or won't be. Corey Brewer, Clarkson, Thomas weren't very good at it.
The only players that didn't shoot the three that are on the team now were Randle (don't shoot many 3s anyway) and Ball. All the rest are 35% or higher.

I am a Laker fan and it will be interesting to see what those Laker "fans" will do. I have seen them flip flop since the end of Showtime and I can guarantee that most of those fans became Clipper fans after Kobe retired. They talked really bad about LeBron now they are going to love him. It will be a deadly combo since he will be playing with a point guard who is actually a point guard, a wing player who is very athletic but needs to stay healthy, a true low post player that can hit a mid range jumper, a big man that can play the 3 or a 4, and a center that can stretch the floor (if they decide to keep him).

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
They were two players and 3 picks from Philadelphia. Granted they didnt who the players ( Im guessing some combination of Fultz, Saric, Zhaire Smith.) And thats from an EC team. It would probably take a much better package to get him to LA.

Supposedly the Clippers are making a big push for Kawhi

Kawhi has said that he'll never have to step in a Spurs locker room again. He feels disrespected, fine, but he lost some leverage by taking that stand. He could simply stay with SA for one more year, and walk unimpeded for a supermax contract while assuring the Spurs get nothing in return. If he has already limited his choice to the Lakers, then he's lost even more leverage.

But he's made millions already, and maybe at this point in his career it's not all about the money. (I see that CP3 re-upped with Houston for more than Lebron's contract with LA -- blasphemy!)

So I expect Leonard to get what he wants, but at a price -- a lesser contract with LA, while moving some of their young assets to SA. He's put Pop in a position of strength.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Oh please, you thought he wouldn't come to LA without another star coming first so now your doubling downing to save face. You were wrong before and your wrong now.
I stated before that going to LA with the young core would be "retirement". I still believe that.
If you get your head out of the clouds you'd see I am correct.
LeBron and that young team isn't winning anything.
Adding Lance Stephenson and Javale McGee and a resigned KCP are shockngly bad moves.
There is not a single top 50 NBA player with LBJ.
This is the first time that has occurred since he was a kid playing in CLE the first time.

As constituted that is barely a playoff team in the insanely deep West.

But the plan is and always has been to get Kawhi to LA.
SAS simply isn't going along with that plan yet.

The Lakers were a full on up tempo team last year with kids just firing the ball up and not playing any defense.
LBJ plays the exact opposite style nowadays.
It's a very poorly constructed team.
But it will change heavily I am sure now that LBJ is the asst GM.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
I stated before that going to LA with the young core would be "retirement". I still believe that.
If you get your head out of the clouds you'd see I am correct.
LeBron and that young team isn't winning anything.
Adding Lance Stephenson and Javale McGee and a resigned KCP are shockngly bad moves.
There is not a single top 50 NBA player with LBJ.
This is the first time that has occurred since he was a kid playing in CLE the first time.

As constituted that is barely a playoff team in the insanely deep West.

But the plan is and always has been to get Kawhi to LA.
SAS simply isn't going along with that plan yet.

The Lakers were a full on up tempo team last year with kids just firing the ball up and not playing any defense.
LBJ plays the exact opposite style nowadays.
It's a very poorly constructed team.
But it will change heavily I am sure now that LBJ is the asst GM.
Iv'e read your responses, more words won't help your cause, it was words that got you in this mess to begin with.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Kawhi has said that he'll never have to step in a Spurs locker room again. He feels disrespected, fine, but he lost some leverage by taking that stand. He could simply stay with SA for one more year, and walk unimpeded for a supermax contract while assuring the Spurs get nothing in return. If he has already limited his choice to the Lakers, then he's lost even more leverage.

But he's made millions already, and maybe at this point in his career it's not all about the money. (I see that CP3 re-upped with Houston for more than Lebron's contract with LA -- blasphemy!)

So I expect Leonard to get what he wants, but at a price -- a lesser contract with LA, while moving some of their young assets to SA. He's put Pop in a position of strength.
If the Spurs decide to take the year off and rebuild then holding Kawhi hostage just plays into their favor. They have no pressure. Can simply fine Kawhi huge sums until he shows up or trade him wherever. He has no trade provisions in his contract.
In the mean time LAL has to maintain cap options for next year of a full max slot to get Kawhi unless they agree to trade for him.

So fully expect both teams to haggle and Kawhi to get traded. LAL has to up the ante and get him however or else he heads to BOS to PHI.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Uh....yes they are (3pt shot). Lakers have players that can handle the ball, create their own shot. Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma, Lonzo (3pt shot WILL be better), KCP, Hart, Stephenson, add the rookies Wagner, Mykhailiuk, etc.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Let's go Lakers!

Or as the great Chick Hearn used to say:
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the butter's getting hard, the eggs are cooling, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!: The game's outcome is set; only the final score is in question.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
He just went from the AFC to the NFC. Lol No easy way to the finals now but I get wanting a new place.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
If the Spurs decide to take the year off and rebuild then holding Kawhi hostage just plays into their favor. They have no pressure. Can simply fine Kawhi huge sums until he shows up or trade him wherever. He has no trade provisions in his contract.
In the mean time LAL has to maintain cap options for next year of a full max slot to get Kawhi unless they agree to trade for him.

So fully expect both teams to haggle and Kawhi to get traded. LAL has to up the ante and get him however or else he heads to BOS to PHI.

Right.

I guess these spoiled rich kids can't be expected to have great negotiating skills, but you'd think they at least should know something about team basketball.

Lebron probably feels bullet proof after his successful reconstruction of the Cavs, and maybe they think the addition of Leonard is a done deal.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Right.

I guess these spoiled rich kids can't be expected to have great negotiating skills, but you'd think they at least should know something about team basketball.

Lebron probably feels bullet proof after his successful reconstruction of the Cavs, and maybe they think the addition of Leonard is a done deal.
It's pretty clear LBJ and Kawhi have both known for quite some time they wanted to partner up in LA.
That is likely why George silently backed down and signed in OKC.
LBJ picked his partner in crime.

But SAS has no real pressure to make the deal so LAL should merely offer what it takes.
The young kids in LAL aren't going to have the ball anyway to grow as part of LBJ centric team.
He's 33 and no young kids have developed with him yet.
It's be insane to assume that changes.

BUT LBJ grew up with Magic as his basketball idol (much like me) and I he will likely listen more to Magic than anyone in CLE so maybe Magic has change the narrative but I don't really buy that.
At 33 LBJ only knows one way to play and it has shifted to more half court ball dominant play. Being in the West means less rest during the season because games are far harder to win.

The true puzzle is why the use of FA dollars on KCP and Stephenson... sheesh that makes like zero sense. Javale at least is a really cheap big.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Do the Spurs strike you as a team that will give away a player to make another team a contender without getting something in return? I don't see how the Spurs trade Kawhi to LA without touching their young core.

Well, the Spurs aren't exactly in a position of strength, right now. I mean, they have his rights for a season and after that, he can walk away. The deeper into the season, the less the Spurs get IMO. I think now is the time for them to get the most out of a trade and if Kawhi is saying that he wants to be in LA, then that's probably where the Spurs get the most in trade. No team is going to shell out for a guy who is one and done and everybody will now want to be in LA so now is really the time if you want to get maximum value out of Leonard, to me.

JMO