Lebron to the Lakers

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do the Spurs strike you as a team that will give away a player to make another team a contender without getting something in return? I don't see how the Spurs trade Kawhi to LA without touching their young core.
They were two players and 3 picks from Philadelphia. Granted they didnt who the players ( Im guessing some combination of Fultz, Saric, Zhaire Smith.) And thats from an EC team. It would probably take a much better package to get him to LA.

Supposedly the Clippers are making a big push for Kawhi

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's what everyone else has been saying, Trouty, the Lakers don't have the talent. I can't figure this one out, to tell the truth. If I were Lebron, 36 YOA I believe, I'd be going to win a last title or two. I just don't see it in LA.
34 by the start of the season.

To me this is either 1) A move that was made knowing other moves will be made with LA's young core 2) A family move. Lebron owns a home in LA and its been said family will weigh heavily on his decision. 3) A move to help him make most playing career connections.

Basketball wise, Philadelphia made more sense. Even with fit issues with Simmons. Philadelphia's young core is playoff ready, where LA's frankly isnt. And Philadelphia could have teamed him with Leonard while leaving there main core peices intact.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bend over and take it? Did you mean to post that to someone else?

I'm simply discussing a sports move. Not here to talk trash.

Looks like I had his age wrong!!!! However, the point still stands. At his age, he only has so much time left.

I don't see the Lakers as stacked w/ young talent. Who is saying they are?
They have some nice peices but Im not a huge fan of there young core. Ingram is by far there best prospect and has tools to be a top 10 player, but he is far too slight right now. He still needs to get bigger. Kuzma looks good as a scorer on a 35 win team, he is a guy who could be a defensive liability in the playoffs. However I will say of they keep on player from there young core, it should be him. More seasoned with 4 years off college and would be the one most likely to offer positive contributions to a winning team right now. Ball was overdrafted and not nearly as valuable in todays NBA as he would have been when Jason Kidd was an All NBA point guard. He has a pretty broken shot and wont be a good fit next to Lebron. 45% FT shooting is utterly brutal.

Still dont know what they are going to do with Randle

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
That is a lot of cash but happy to see my Lakers improving their chances.
I think they are not done yet in free agency.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
You think Lakers have enough even w/ Lebron? Who they got?

They have shooters to surround Lebron. Still a good chance Lakers also resign Randle (stretch Deng).

Lebron
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle (think he will be resigned)
Lonzo
Hart
K.C.P
Stephenson

Add in rookies Wagner, Mykhailiuk, Malik Newman, Joel Berry II, all are deadly 3pt shooters. That's 12 deep right there, all can hit 3's outside of Randle.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I can respect him as along as he simply admits it was the money and the city.

King James is ancient in basketball years. Highly doubtful that he'll bring a championship to LA.

His stats aren't ancient.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The team as it currently is is probably the worst team he's ever played on. This Lakers team has no talent. Remember when Jordan Clarkson was one of their best players and then he couldn't even get minutes on a Cavs team that was also one of the worst teams Bron was ever on?

Try again. Talent in bold (all can shoot 3's except Randle).

Lebron
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
(think he will be resigned)
Lonzo (3pt shot will only get better)
Hart
K.C.P

Stephenson
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Malik Newman
Joel Berry II
Zubac

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
That's what I see. Even if they bring in a Kwai, don't see how it's enough.

Houston, Philly, Boston, several places he could go to try and win a title. Just can't see how LA is even in the picture.

Try your eyes.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't doubt they're gonna make a move, but they have possibly the worst talent and potential in the league outside of LeBron. Almost every player on the Cavs team is better than whoever is currently on the Lakers, and the Cavs weren't even a good team. Unless they do something similar to what they did when he went to Miami, I don't even see how this is a playoffs team.

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Bend over and take it? Did you mean to post that to someone else?

I'm simply discussing a sports move. Not here to talk trash.

Looks like I had his age wrong!!!! However, the point still stands. At his age, he only has so much time left.

I don't see the Lakers as stacked w/ young talent. Who is saying they are?
That's just the jerk coming out in him as a Laker fan. Otherwise, he's a solid guy. Gonna have to get use that or find new friends. It's been so long since the Lakeshow had anything to talk trash about, I figured it wouldn't take long after hearing the Bron Bron news. Sorry Trouty, my brother... been a while.

Last edited:

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Try again. Talent in bold (all can shoot 3's except Randle).

Lebron
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
(think he will be resigned)
Lonzo (3pt shot will only get better)
Hart
K.C.P

Stephenson
Wagner
Mykhailiuk
Malik Newman

Joel Berry II
Zubac
The Lakers are back on the map and some posters can't stand that. The Lakers were going to be back in the playoffs very soon even if Lebron didn't sign with the Lakers so they should just settle down and enjoy the show now. :popcorn:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Lakers are back on the map and some posters can't stand that. The Lakers were going to be back in the playoffs very soon even if Lebron didn't sign with the Lakers so they should just settle down and enjoy the show now. :popcorn:
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:I appricate a good sense of humor, thank you.

And another thing... Laker fans can stop getting visions of Kawhi playing with the Lakers in the 2018-19 season, the Spurs were never going to let that happen.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
:laugh::lmao::lmao2:I appricate a good sense of humor, thank you.

And another thing... Laker fans can stop getting visions of Kawhi playing with the Lakers in the 2018-19 season, the Spurs were never going to let that happen.
Let's go Lakers!

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Hope all is well with you my friend. Lakers also have summer league starting today. Will be cool to see all the new rookies. The guy I am so pumped to see is Malik Newman, G, Kansas. I was shocked he didn't get drafted. As for Lebron, people are underestimating the shooters we will have around him.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Hope all is well with you my friend. Lakers also have summer league starting today. Will be cool to see all the new rookies. The guy I am so pumped to see is Malik Newman, G, Kansas. I was shocked he didn't get drafted. As for Lebron, people are underestimating the shooters we will have around him.

All is well, i hope the same for you and all of yours.

The thing most people are not thinking about is the Lakers youth/fresh legs getting up and down the court very quickly. There was already a lot of energy/movement last season i expect it will intensify this season. It won't be easy for any teams to beat the Lakers at home.

The shooting will go hot and cold but as long as the Lakers keep running and playing defense we will be ok.

I am also excited to see the rooks in summer league. 11pm et, i may have have to DVR the 2nd half and watch that part tomorrow.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think this will be looked back on as a mistake. He chose Hollywood over winning. He's dead with the Lakers. He goes to Philly and he's back in the Finals next year. He's got no shot there. Less than none.

Philly by far was the smart move. Young core that he could carry to the finals the next 2 years, but could carry him the next 3+