Leighton continues to impress!

Praxit

Reaction score
Great draft pick!
Great instincts and his wingspan and tackling ability is impressive to watch.

Jeff Heath and Jaylon were sure fun to watch tonight as well..saved a couple touchdowns for sure.
..yes, he is. I admit, I was on the fence about him. But the game Vs Det, opened me eyes to his skills. This dude, will do well for us.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
..yes, he is. I admit, I was on the fence about him. But the game Vs Det, opened me eyes to his skills. This dude, will do well for us.

I think he will do well too. He is huge, and still has room to fill out

T-RO

Reaction score
No. The defense as a whole is playing better. And calling Jaylon a gimp, a wasted pick, a bum, a bust, etc. isn’t questioning his health. It’s hate. Plain and simple. LVE would most likely look much worse if he was to assume lead linebacker responsibilities right now. So be fair and unbiased when you claim LVE is outplaying Jaylon. All LVE has to do is chase the ball. It’s Jaylon who’s diagnosing everything. As he did for the early part of the season last year. This is the hypocrisy I’m speaking of.

Bro, I think part of being on a forum is allowing people the freedom to have other opinions without maligning their motives.

If you think Jaylon is playing better than LVE...fine. I don’t assume because of it that you hate Leighton.

I think you owe the same respect to other posters.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Bro, I think part of being on a forum is allowing people the freedom to have other opinions without maligning their motives.

If you think Jaylon is playing better than LVE...fine. I don’t assume because of it that you hate Leighton.

I think you owe the same respect to other posters.
I don’t owe anyone anything. All I’m saying is to judge each player fairly across the board. Don’t criticize and berate one player for the same things you’d absolve a player of your liking for. That’s hypocritical no matter what you say. You said nobody spoke hateful of Jaylon. I gave you examples of the hateful rhetoric. Now you switch gears to some freedom of opinion bs. Why not just admit that you’re wrong and that many people here have personal agendas? All you’re doing is making excuses for these clowns to continue the hate. This ain’t about personal opinions. This is about hateful hypocrisy

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Great draft pick!

Jeff Heath and Jaylon were sure fun to watch tonight as well..saved a couple touchdowns for sure.
My problem with the situation is..

regardless of his and Jaylon's improved play..

the string continues that when Sean Lee does not play..

the team loses

Happened with the Texans and will again with the Jags.

No Sean..

no W.

That much we can rely on.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Great draft pick!

If only Taco was useful

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Vander Esch is doing fine, but I'm ready to see him make some plays. He has one TFL and 0 passes defended on the year. Yes, he's racking up a ton of solo tackles, which is great, but it's time to start seeing some impact plays. Jaylon was our best player last night, flying around and laying the wood to Watson a few times. 3 TFL, a sack, a pass defended 2 more hits on the QB.
Hopkins might still be running had Vanderesch not ran him down. Lol. I think he's tentative right now but will improve. I'd start LVE and Smith now and let Sean lee spot play. I think we're more clutch knowing what we've got from week to week w LVE.

Our offense can't beat anybody anyways . Lol.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score

the team loses

No Sean..

no W.

We aren't losing because Sean Lee is out. We are losing because we run a high school level passing offense.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

the team loses

No Sean..

no W.

We aren't losing because the defense is giving up too many points though. The offense is just that much worse this year.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
We're losing because we pass out of the same formation Everytime. It's easy to defense just Blitz on 3rd down and only cover the skilled guys who matter most. Lol

No 4 wr sets or 2 rb sets to mask our playcalling. Just an over usage of Swaim on passing downs just like Witten!!!

Swaim just doesn't have the skills to win any battles as a receiver downfield. His longest catch in the air is like 6 yards. That's pretty easy to defense.

Some would say we should use 2 slot receivers or 2 rbs at times to mask our playcalling since it's easy to defense the same monotonous te formations .

If Swaims breaks out and turns into gronk yeah I could see him playing every passing snap as a receiver. But we're trying to prove our te can be a constant every snap player and he just doesn't have enough big play abilities to warrant all that.

We might need to rotate some better receivers and rbs who can actually make a game changing play instead of sticking w the Constant 8-8 Mularkey

This constant 1-3 te type football acumen has never won beans when we had a great #1 wr w Dez in his prime and it won't win beans with these average receivers and practice squad level tes today.

I'm banking on 2-14 unless we get some rotation at that anchored down position

Last edited:

Batman1980

Reaction score
Great draft pick!

I was sold on this draft pick the day it happened. Kids like that that come from absolutely nowhere but have the pedigree and the drive to excel become stand-outs in the NFL.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t owe anyone anything. All I’m saying is to judge each player fairly across the board. Don’t criticize and berate one player for the same things you’d absolve a player of your liking for. That’s hypocritical no matter what you say. You said nobody spoke hateful of Jaylon. I gave you examples of the hateful rhetoric. Now you switch gears to some freedom of opinion bs. Why not just admit that you’re wrong and that many people here have personal agendas? All you’re doing is making excuses for these clowns to continue the hate. This ain’t about personal opinions. This is about hateful hypocrisy

My gosh dude, you've quickly become the lamest poster in the forum.

Bravo.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I liked the LVE pick when we drafted him.

We basically were buying high on a guy with a high ceiling. Had LVE stayed in Boise for another year and merely duplicated his season he'd likely be considered as a top 10 prospect.

His best football is ahead of him.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're losing because we pass out of the same formation Everytime. It's easy to defense just Blitz on 3rd down and only cover the skilled guys who matter most. Lol

No 4 wr sets or 2 rb sets to mask our playcalling. Just an over usage of Swaim on passing downs just like Witten!!!

Swaim just doesn't have the skills to win any battles as a receiver downfield. His longest catch in the air is like 6 yards. That's pretty easy to defense.

Some would say we should use 2 slot receivers or 2 rbs at times to mask our playcalling since it's easy to defense the same monotonous te formations .

If Swaims breaks out and turns into gronk yeah I could see him playing every passing snap as a receiver. But we're trying to prove our te can be a constant every snap player and he just doesn't have enough big play abilities to warrant all that.

We might need to rotate some better receivers and rbs who can actually make a game changing play instead of sticking w the Constant 8-8 Mularkey

This constant 1-3 te type football acumen has never won beans when we had a great #1 wr w Dez in his prime and it won't win beans with these average receivers and practice squad level tes today.

I'm banking on 2-14 unless we get some rotation at that anchored down position

Our TE's had 5 catches for 98 yards this past game. They aren't stars, but make them part of the game plan, as they finally did Sunday, and they can be positive contributors to the offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Great draft pick!

Jeff Heath is NEVER fun to watch. HE is horrid. Unless you like watching whiffed tackles and getting burnt.