Leighton continues to impress!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No comment

I'll drop because I think I know what you are saying, and talking about it isn't allowed, but I'll make the brief comment that I think you are off base. There may be an occasional idiot out there (always is), but I don't think what you are suggesting is representative of Cowboy fans.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ok. To answer your question. Please refer to our 2010 season BEFORE ROMO WAS INJURED
Uh, okay. And what about the 2010 season? Romo was completing touchdown passes to Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, etc. I'm not getting your point. :huh:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think part of the problem some have with Jaylon is they developed a negative attitude because we used a 2nd round pick on a player that was going to miss the entirety of his rookie season, and ended up not fully up to speed the next season. And as we know, or should know, there are fans that once they form a perception they won't let go of it no matter what.

That's the reason. Many feel we wasted a 2nd round pick on him when we could have gotten him in later rounds and used a top pick on another position of need and player who could have helped us earlier.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I'll drop because I think I know what you are saying, and talking about it isn't allowed, but I'll make the brief comment that I think you are off base. There may be an occasional idiot out there (always is), but I don't think what you are suggesting is representative of Cowboy fans.
Honestly I hope I’m off base.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Uh, okay. And what about the 2010 season? Romo was completing touchdown passes to Jason Witten, Miles Austin, Roy Williams, etc. I'm not getting your point. :huh:
We were 1-5 with Romo that season. That’s my point. I’m not much of a statistical groupie. I’m a wins bs losses kind of man.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Great draft pick!
Great instincts and his wingspan and tackling ability is impressive to watch.

Jeff Heath and Jaylon were sure fun to watch tonight as well..saved a couple touchdowns for sure.

Heath sucks ***

T-RO

Reaction score
I don’t understand how Romo became a topic in this thread. Anyway...

I saw an interesting review on ProFootball Focus on Leighton. Highlights:
-LVE leads all rookie defenders in PFF’s grading through week 5–despite the fact he played sparingly in first two games

-His play versus the run merited an 88.2 grade, ranking behind only Bobby Wagner! 2nd in the entire league!

-He’s been targeted 17 times in passes, and though there’s been a high completion rate, those 17 attempts have only totalled a meager 103 yards.

It’s shocking. LVE’s been better than Sean Lee this year by far.

Jaylon also has been balling with a 74.4 grade. Our linebacker play has been the best Cowboys story of 2018.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I don’t understand how Romo became a topic in this thread. Anyway...

I saw an interesting review on ProFootball Focus on Leighton. Highlights:
-LVE leads all rookie defenders in PFF’s grading through week 5–despite the fact he played sparingly in first two games

-His play versus the run merited an 88.2 grade, ranking behind only Bobby Wagner! 2nd in the entire league!

-He’s been targeted 17 times in passes, and though there’s been a high completion rate, those 17 attempts have only totalled a meager 103 yards.

It’s shocking. LVE’s been better than Sean Lee this year by far.

Jaylon also has been balling with a 74.4 grade. Our linebacker play has been the best Cowboys story of 2018.

I like watching them. I think those two are going to be studs for the team and studs in the league. We just need one more in the draft to hit the trifecta.
Now if Randy Gregory can develop into the pass rusher we had expected to complement DLawrence, we might not even need our offense. It's not like they're helping us anyway.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LVE is the real deal. Good draft pick. Good fit.I think he will be durable for the long haul..something Lee never is. His best trait is availability. Somebody once said that.:rolleyes:

T-RO

Reaction score

Agree 101%

T-RO

Reaction score
What’s cool is how LVE and Jaylon can complement one another. They both have unique skill-sets. Jaylon can be a monster on the blitz and runs sideline to sideline like no one in the league. LVE is just a pup and he looks like a sweet kid but he’s already playing like a grown dog who’s been down the alleys.

T-RO

Reaction score
Nah. It’s a little more to it than that. It’s hatred. But that’s all I’m gonna say. Jaylon has worked his butt off and did his best as the lead linebacker when Lee and Hitchens was hurt. Last season was basically his rookie season and this season he looks like a totally different player. To discredit this young man in any way is ludicrous and blatantly ignorant.

Keysersoze, if you are suggesting anyone hates Jaylon I don’t know what to tell you. He’s clearly one of the three or four most beloved guys on the team amongst the fan base. If we were to have a poll I’ve no doubt you’d seem him near the top.

keysersoze

Reaction score
Keysersoze, if you are suggesting anyone hates Jaylon I don’t know what to tell you. He’s clearly one of the three or four most beloved guys on the team amongst the fan base. If we were to have a poll I’ve no doubt you’d seem him near the top.
My thing is that some people blasphemized Jaylon for things that LVE is being excused for. I understand he’s a rookie but Jaylon was basically a rookie himself last season. And although he made mistakes he gave it his all and stepped in as a leader when injuries to the starters kicked in. Although he was recovering from a bad injury himself. To me that’s hypocrisy. Which is used to cover hate.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Ideally I would like to see lee playing, but I have 0 disappointment in him being out this year. When I take my eyes off the dline they go to 55

T-RO

Reaction score
My thing is that some people blasphemized Jaylon for things that LVE is being excused for. I understand he’s a rookie but Jaylon was basically a rookie himself last season. And although he made mistakes he gave it his all and stepped in as a leader when injuries to the starters kicked in. Although he was recovering from a bad injury himself. To me that’s hypocrisy. Which is used to cover hate.

I’d ask you to take a step back and listen to the words you are using, “blasphemy, “hypocrisy” “hate”.

What I recall reading is mostly people questioning — not his heart, his work ethic, his effort — but his health. Was he recovered enough with the nerve sensation to play? Maybe some also criticized how he was reading the plays.

As for there being uneven analysis (hypocrisy) the reality is that Leighton is flat playing a lot better than Jaylon played last year. By a wide margin.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I’d ask you to take a step back and listen to the words you are using, “blasphemy, “hypocrisy” “hate”.

What I recall reading is mostly people questioning — not his heart, his work ethic, his effort — but his health. Was he recovered enough with the nerve sensation to play? Maybe some also criticized how he was reading the plays.

As for there being uneven analysis (hypocrisy) the reality is that Leighton is flat playing a lot better than Jaylon played last year. By a wide margin.
No. The defense as a whole is playing better. And calling Jaylon a gimp, a wasted pick, a bum, a bust, etc. isn’t questioning his health. It’s hate. Plain and simple. LVE would most likely look much worse if he was to assume lead linebacker responsibilities right now. So be fair and unbiased when you claim LVE is outplaying Jaylon. All LVE has to do is chase the ball. It’s Jaylon who’s diagnosing everything. As he did for the early part of the season last year. This is the hypocrisy I’m speaking of.