Twitter: Leon Hall to Visit per Rapoport

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
True accountability would be firing the guys who gave him that contract not eventually releasing that player so the same front office can sign more.

True....

Would like to respond to this.....but fear a real assessment of the situation would leave me on another unpaid weeks vacation. :(

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Per Rapoport.

Just to add a tad more.

Free agent CB Leon Hall is visiting the Cowboys.

Hall visited the Cardinals on Monday. A slot-only corner at this point in his career, signing Hall would indicate Orlando Scandrick will play almost exclusively outside in his return from a torn ACL and MCL. The 31-year-old Hall is Rotoworld's No. 3 available corner.
Related:
Cardinals, Bengals, Cowboys

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

LittleD

Reaction score
I see Carr staying with a pay cut though simply cause of him playing 16 games a year. Didn't Ryan use Carr at safety and he actually looked good when he did?

He might...I think they pushed him some to take a pay cut last year and he balked. I think he and
his agent know that CB's are hard to come by on the cheap and he may indeed balk at taking less
money to play. There are not a lot of good CB's left on the market and Carr may just think he'll
take his chances with another team that wants him.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think this is meant for Carr not Ramsey. Why the hate for Ramsey all of a sudden ? I see a lot of board members saying they don't want him

Doesn't get the int's. We already have cb's that do that.

JBell

That's still my Quarterback
Reaction score
Really hope we get this done.

I can live with a Scandrick, Hall, Claiborne trio at CB and Byron Jones/Church combo at safety... especially if it means we invest early round picks on the front 7.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Leon Hall (a decent slot corner) does not mean you don't take Ramsey or you definitely get rid of Carr.

I think it means you do not Have to take Ramsey (unless best player on the board) but if you do then it probably means the end of Carr unless he takes a pay cut.

It puts you in a position to take highest rated player on your board, not taking a player because you have to fill a hole.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think this is meant for Carr not Ramsey. Why the hate for Ramsey all of a sudden ? I see a lot of board members saying they don't want him

Not me. If we stay at 4 and we don't take a QB, he's the guy I think we should draft.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Leon Hall is not a "slot corner" he is a corner and a better one than Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It puts you in a position to take highest rated player on your board, not taking a player because you have to fill a hole.

I swear my eyes go crossed every time I read how a FA signing can put the team in position to draft properly.

I mean, otherwise...you have to reach, folks. Those are the rules.

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Hall has 3 INTs in 10 years in the league. Carr had 6 his first 2 years in Dallas. I'm not saying Hall isn't a good CB, but people seem to conveniently use numbers against our own players but not against potential free agents.

Edit: My bad. It was 3 TDs. He has 26 career INTs. Never mind.

Yall are so quick to try to defend Carr or Claiborne man. lol its mind boggling. No offense

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Leon Hall may enable Dallas to part ways with a 13 million man, and save 9 million in the process, Hall should land for a fraction of the 9 million, leaving 4-8 more for .... June 1st cuts?

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Leon Hall (a decent slot corner) does not mean you don't take Ramsey or you definitely get rid of Carr.

I think it means you do not Have to take Ramsey (unless best player on the board) but if you do then it probably means the end of Carr unless he takes a pay cut.

That's my feeling. I can see hall replacing Carr for now and then drafting Ramsey if there. I think honestly this team wants Ramsey or Elliot