Twitter: LeSean McCoy tells fans prior to showdown with #Cowboys that Eagles will 'manhandle' the 'cowboys'

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I guess 17-3 didn't happen. They were lucky to get the 3.

i personally wouldnt go this far, i think its going to be a different Nick Foles we see, and he wont be missing open receivers this time around. I dont know if Dallas will make it competetive, i hope they do, but deep down i just think they roll over. Not going to say i wish it happen, but ive seen it to much. I dont know if Garrett has it in him to force this team to fight. I think at times some players will fight, but they pick different days to do it. I wouldnt say they all dont know what they are doing, but they do have bad games. I wont lay all the blame at Garrett, but he has to lead. That is on him.

I hope as other posters said, the game plan will be different and suit Orton. I just hope Orton has a enough game time in him to step up and answer the call of a very big task. I have more faith in the line than i did before and i didnt lose faith im Murray. So im confident there, its just teh defense that scares me the most.

mldardy

Reaction score
i personally wouldnt go this far, i think its going to be a different Nick Foles we see, and he wont be missing open receivers this time around. I dont know if Dallas will make it competetive, i hope they do, but deep down i just think they roll over. Not going to say i wish it happen, but ive seen it to much. I dont know if Garrett has it in him to force this team to fight. I think at times some players will fight, but they pick different days to do it. I wouldnt say they all dont know what they are doing, but they do have bad games. I wont lay all the blame at Garrett, but he has to lead. That is on him.

I hope as other posters said, the game plan will be different and suit Orton. I just hope Orton has a enough game time in him to step up and answer the call of a very big task. I have more faith in the line than i did before and i didnt lose faith im Murray. So im confident there, its just teh defense that scares me the most.

I keep hearing and seeing this about Foles but he won't be that much different. Outside of the Oakland game, Foles has been that great. He's had 1 game over 400 yards passing and that was the loss to Minnesota where he was throwing because they fell behind and in garbage time. You and others continue to overhype Foles. He has improved but I haven't seen enough to think he was be drastically different come Sunday night. McCoy is what makes that team go. If McCoy is ineffective I'll definitely take my chances with Foles trying to beat us.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I keep hearing and seeing this about Foles but he won't be that much different. Outside of the Oakland game, Foles has been that great. He's had 1 game over 400 yards passing and that was the loss to Minnesota where he was throwing because they fell behind and in garbage time. You and others continue to overhype Foles. He has improved but I haven't seen enough to think he was be drastically different come Sunday night. McCoy is what makes that team go. If McCoy is ineffective I'll definitely take my chances with Foles trying to beat us.

well thats my headache with stat people as well, not saying you, do the stats back up that he has gotten better? sure, do they tell the story of why, no. Here is where i see the point where Foles can be more of a edge for the Eagles. When we first played them, we got gifts because he missed some open WR's. Is he going to miss them all again this game? Most likely not, so one or two more completions is enough for him to win the game, because yes, McCoy will have a good day, we probably wont have an aswer for him, but more to the point, they have an anwer for all our weapons.

Am i going to be completely right? no, am i close? yes, Miles has not really stepped up all season. I m not seeing what everyone saw or what they saw with T williams, and i know the eagles will look at our offense and know what to do where im not as confident our defense will look at their offense and say "we can handle this". We have made way to many bad qbs look like pro bowlers. We have a hard time getting opposing offenses off the field. And the one area i thought would be really good, Special teams, has been but i dont know if we can use that enough to say "we can use this weapon to keep it competitive". Im just afraid the eagles will have an answer for what we start to throw at them, and if that works, i have more confidence that Garrett will stop using it.

I just dont know if Kiffen has it in him to use our guys as they are needed, ie moving guys around. nor enough to use his defense to give confusing looks to the eagles and rattle Foles. im afriad the eagles will know to go after Orton but we'll sit there and concentrate on McCoy instead of rattling Foles.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

You haven't watched him very much. If he's on his game early McCoy will have a big game. Kelly usually starts with the pass and builds a decent side lead before they start running the ball.

mldardy

Reaction score
You haven't watched him very much. If he's on his game early McCoy will have a big game. Kelly usually starts with the pass and builds a decent side lead before they start running the ball.

Lol I have watched him and the eagles and he doesn't do anything special. McCoy makes the Eagles go not Foles.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
Stop McCoy and the rest will fall. He's the pulse of that offense.

Every time he touches the ball, we need to contain the lanes along the front line. My concern here is with Ware when he shoots 5 yards down the field and leaves that gap open.

On every tackle we need multiple bodies on him and let him know its going to be a long night. Let him feel some silver helmets on his legs as well.

You do this and jam receivers, we can disrupt their timing. That's the first thing I'm looking at. If I see too many zones, we're in trouble.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Way to pack it in before it even gets started. You probably packed it in before the Giants game this year too. ;)

Theebs had us getting blown out in the second Giants and Skins games.

So keep that reverse jinx thing going!

morasp

Reaction score
True.

But we have no ability to play defense and to win this game we need it to be in the 17-10 fashion.

I can't imagine a single scenario where our defense does anything.

I have hope for the defense. Even though it was the Commanders they always play us tough and we held Cousins to 197 yds and Morris to 88. The week before Cousins had 381 yds.

Fredd

Reaction score
not conceding like many in here

the D (obviously) will determine if we are going to be in this game or not....pressure is the key...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Way to pack it in before it even gets started. You probably packed it in before the Giants game this year too. ;)

Most certainly did, giants, packers and skins.

I have never seen a defense this bad in my life. It should get everyone in the organization fired. Anyone who had a hand in it from ciskowski and mcclay to Jerry, Garrett and Stephen. All should be removed from there jobs because of this defense.

But it won't unfortunately.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
True.

But we have no ability to play defense and to win this game we need it to be in the 17-10 fashion.

I can't imagine a single scenario where our defense does anything.

Can you imagine way back to a few weeks ago where our defense beat Philly?

Kinda negative for someone who's tagline is "believe".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So Philly is talking crap now that Romo is on IR........................LOL

I wonder how our team will react.................will we get mad and punch them in the mouth?..................or will we lay down like a $2 hooker?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Can you imagine way back to a few weeks ago where our defense beat Philly?

Kinda negative for someone who's tagline is "believe".

I have stated my opinion on that game many times.

And the believe thing is from a time when I did believe, that was from 09. I made multiple videos on my belief.

I don't have ha belief anymore in anything his organization does. It's a terrible organization and they only thing they do well is make money, specifically off guys like me.

I would love to believe, but when I disagree with almost everything they do what am I supposed to believe in? It's down to hoping beyond hope romo, witten and ware could win big before they are done. That is what drives me as a fan at this point.

You probably were not here for the believe stuff, and if I could change it I would but we can't change it ourselves.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Didn't the an Eagles fan once throw batteries at Jimma Johnson during a game there?

Yes, that was during the Buddy Ryan " Bounty Bowl" era.

Actually born and raised in Philly, but life long Cowboys fan, so amused by the antics of my " brotherly kin"

Coy

Reaction score
I hate McCoy, I hate the eagles, I want to beat them so bad but unfortunately I think he is right, this team is a 4 win team without Romo, but hey, any given Sunday right?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So Philly is talking crap now that Romo is on IR........................LOL

I wonder how our team will react.................will we get mad and punch them in the mouth?..................or will we lay down like a $2 hooker?

Really. The best we can hope for is we leave them with a STD.

Zordon

Reaction score
When we had Charles Haley, Erik Williams, Michael Irvin, Deion, etc...etc..etc..on this team, opposing players/teams did not feel so comfortable talking smack to this franchise and its fans. This is a current phenomenon that started with this RKG crap.