Less Prescott = more winning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
tell'em rock... Stats are for losers!!!!

crap.. negative stats are for losers. lol emoji time. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::laugh::laugh::lmao2::facepalm::muttley::laugh::clap::grin::flagwave::thumbdown::thumbup::angry::angry::banghead::yourock::dance::oldcouple::thumbup::angry::popcorn:

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Funny to watch so many grown 'men' react in such an emotionally triggered manner to a thread obviously created to reel in some bait.

I think it's pathetic to see so-called fans constantly bash a player for no reason. You root against Dak you root against the team. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. HOOAH!!!

DenCWBY

Reaction score
Y’all give him far too much credit lol….literally everyone in here is laughing at his awful takes…maybe that’s the objective….
Credit for his ability to create mass eruption and panic among the DC faithful and he's having the last laugh with all the back talk. You have people in here referencing him in their tag lines for goodness sake. He's a celebrity for likes and it drives everyone nuts. Got to give him points for that.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
I think it's pathetic to see so-called fans constantly bash a player for no reason. You root against Dak you root against the team. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. HOOAH!!!

Show me where the referenced video content is bashing Dak or rooting against Dak.......it doesn't!!! The video content simply is stating the facts: Dallas is a much better TEAM when Dak throws 32 times or less and the running game is more involved. That is just stats, not a 'dig' at Dak which warrants an unstable emotional reaction from so many.

The fact is the Dallas Cowboys are 4-1 because of the defense,special teams, passing game, and running game.......aka ALL of the players are required to play well. Far too many members see Dallas as Dak Prescott and not the Cowboys.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Hey, you know that guy we can't rely on too much or we lose?

We should pay him 40 million dollars a year.
Yeah we should.

And we did.

Because he’s worth every penny.

Your argument now requires you to show evidence as to why we shouldn’t have paid him and who instead, should be playing QB in his stead.

Teams are going to win given how they are constructed. We have two great running backs and a great offensive line. If Tom Brady or Pat Mahomes had the same talent, they’d be throwing far less and winning more too. Hell Mahomes is sitting at 2-3 right now because his defense sucks. Is that because KC paid him too much money? Is Mahomes worth $40 million/year?

Yet when we did throw it and relied completely on Dak, we almost beat the SB champs on the road. Should have beat them…

So we can win on Dak’s arm alone.

Sounds like you’re just pissed that players get paid that kind of jack. Are you one of these fans that thinks they are overpaid due to the fact they are “playing a game”?

Last edited:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Show me where the referenced video content is bashing Dak or rooting against Dak.......it doesn't!!! The video content simply is stating the facts: Dallas is a much better TEAM when Dak throws 32 times or less and the running game is more involved. That is just stats, not a 'dig' at Dak which warrants an unstable emotional reaction from so many.

The fact is the Dallas Cowboys are 4-1 because of the defense,special teams, passing game, and running game.......aka ALL of the players are required to play well. Far too many members see Dallas as Dak Prescott and not the Cowboys.

Right..

And when Dallas started off horrible last year and Dak was doing everything in his power to keep us above water while setting NFL records, who did you blame?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
That is a horrible take yet again. The fact is behind centre (yes re..I'm a Canuck) allows our running game to prosper. Less Dak throwing the ball would have been the appropriate thread title. He is superb, worth every penny in his intangibles alone.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

The fact is the Dallas Cowboys are 4-1 because of the defense, special teams, passing game, and running game.......aka ALL of the players are required to play well. Far too many members see Dallas as Dak Prescott and not the Cowboys.
let me go ahead and post the homers reply to you;
"casual fan"
"hater"
"you're not even a cowboy fan"

did I miss anything?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Right..

And when Dallas started off horrible last year and Dak was doing everything in his power to keep us above water while setting NFL records, who did you blame?

JJ & Co. because they invested so heavily in the offense and ignored the defense that the defensive product on the field was a joke.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Credit for his ability to create mass eruption and panic among the DC faithful and he's having the last laugh with all the back talk. You have people in here referencing him in their tag lines for goodness sake. He's a celebrity for likes and it drives everyone nuts. Got to give him points for that.
He has 5 likes on this thread lol......so based on what you're saying...this is a FAIL lol.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
I'm not sure what confuses you about the actual won/loss record in both scenarios. .

We do not have a QB who can win without a dominant running game.
Right now, Russ and Patty are not winning. For any QB to succeed they need a team around them to do so. As much as Brady annoys me with his plastic appearance, he is no idiot and has ensured he plays for a team that he can succeed in. One my favourite qb's was Luck, and the poor kid was not given a chance for success being part of an organization that did zero to help him

Dodger12

Reaction score
I haven't read the whole thread and I know the Op is pulling everyone's chain and some folks, no doubt, took the bait.

These stats are definitely true and would have been true prior to this year. What the stats don't reflect is the impact Dak has had on the offense, making incredible throws, keeping the chains moving, and being clutch. I've been very critical of Dak and I think he's earned some of that criticism in the past. I didn't think he was clutch....I didn't think he kept the chains moving and put a bad D back on the field and just didn't carry the team, overall, until we had to go into catch-up mode.

This year has been totally different. He's played off the charts different. He's been a top 5 QB and maybe even better. And all this coming off a serious leg injury when I thought he would struggle with the mental part of the game. We can be critical of Dak and he might have earned some of that criticism. But no way this team is where it's currently at and no way this offense is as good as it is without Dak's play. He's the team MVP and maybe even the league MVP, at this point in the season. Yes, Diggs has been great. Yes, the young D and our draft picks have been phenomenal. But I've also seen teams stacking the box in the past to stop Zeke and Dak couldn't take advantage of it. This year is different and Dak is playing off the charts. Give the man his due.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

I was not talking about the video. Are you trying to BS me by telling me no one here bashes or roots against Dak?

Supporting Dak here always gets an unstable emotional reaction from so-called fans. It works both ways.

Roger was the face of his team, Danny was the face of his team, Troy was the face of his team, Tony was the face of his team and now Dak is the face of this team. Get over it!

USArmyVet

Reaction score
The defensive product around the league is a joke lol. If anything they were smart enough not to do what the Rams did and spend all that money on defense.

While I agree salaries are way over the top and the NFL rules in terms of refereeing has made the league all about the offense, the fact is the 2020 Dallas defense was statistically one of the worst in franchise history. If Dallas was devoted so much in terms of monetary resources to the offensive side of the ball while ignoring the defense, we get what we saw in 2020.

However, when you dedicate financial and draft capitol into the defense as Dallas did this past off-season, we see what a more balanced team can do.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
JJ & Co. because they invested so heavily in the offense and ignored the defense that the defensive product on the field was a joke.
Right…

Yet it was nothing but an ish on Dak fest last year on this board after every game. This attitude was so pervasive that many of you pessimistic Dak-downers (is that name more acceptable to your sensitivities?) that all of you, to a poster, thought Dalton was better and would show it lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.