Let’s admit something about Schultz

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gronk is way better than Gonzales first and foremost. Lol.

Gonzalez played under the 90's rules

Not in the high flying points scoring era.

Were still trying to emulate the 95' cowboys.

Again you can win with the worst tes in history yes. There is no argument there.

You just wont win any playoff games if he plays all of the passing snaps
I disagree on that, but that doesn't matter. Both were great TE's, but clearly having a great TE isn't the key to winning you seem to think.

As for Gonzales not playing in the "high flying points era", first, your fantasy football mindset is showing again, and second, Gonzales just retired 6 seasons ago.

Did you just start watching NFL a few years ago, and are now acting like an expert based on a goofy notion that winning and losing is all about having an elite TE?

Now, here's some reality.
* The Patriots won the 2019 SB (2018 season) with Gronk having a very mediocre 682 yard, 3 TD season, and he had zero TDs in the postseason.
* Pats won the 2017 SB (2016 season) with Gronkowski on injured reserve.
* The Broncos won the 2016 Super Bowl (2015 season) using a TE in on 137% of the offensive snaps, and their best TE had 517 yard and 3 TD's while playing all 16 games.
* The Seahawks won the 2014 SB (2013 season) using TEs on 126% of offensive snaps and their best TE had 387 yards and 5 TD's. *
* The Ravens the year before that (2013 SB), and the Giants the year before that (2012 SB) won without a top TE.

It seems you know nothing about the history of SB winners and the TE position. Again, it seems you are new to the NFL and just latched onto something without understanding the game, or the duties of the TE position, or the realities of the position in relation to winning.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I disagree on that, but that doesn't matter. Both were great TE's, but clearly having a great TE isn't the key to winning you seem to think.

As for Gonzales not playing in the "high flying points era", first, your fantasy football mindset is showing again, and second, Gonzales just retired 6 seasons ago.

Did you just start watching NFL a few years ago, and are now acting like an expert based on a goofy notion that winning and losing is all about having an elite TE?

Now, here's some reality.
* The Patriots won the 2019 SB (2018 season) with Gronk having a very mediocre 682 yard, 3 TD season, and he had zero TDs in the postseason.
* Pats won the 2017 SB (2016 season) with Gronkowski on injured reserve.
* The Broncos won the 2016 Super Bowl (2015 season) using a TE in on 137% of the offensive snaps, and their best TE had 517 yard and 3 TD's while playing all 16 games.
* The Seahawks won the 2014 SB (2013 season) using TEs on 126% of offensive snaps and their best TE had 387 yards and 5 TD's. *
* The Ravens the year before that (2013 SB), and the Giants the year before that (2012 SB) won without a top TE.

It seems you know nothing about the history of SB winners and the TE position. Again, it seems you are new to the NFL and just latched onto something without understanding the game, or the duties of the TE position, or the realities of the position in relation to winning.

Did their tes play every passing snap?

No

Did witten play every passing snap for his career

Yes well pretty much all of the snaps. Not just passing snaps. Lmao

How come you dont understand? Ive made it clear 100 times and youre stuck on talent and disregarding snapcounts

Knock knock. Whos there?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did their tes play every passing snap?

No

Did witten play every passing snap for his career

Yes
With TE's 137% of all offensive downs, in one case, and 126% in another, they may well have. I'm sure I could find more like that if I looked it up.

By the way, apparently you aren't aware that Schultz only played 70% of the offensive snaps Sunday. But it wouldn't fit your narrative to know that. It sounds much better for you to claim he played 100% of the time.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
With TE's 137% of all offensive downs, in one case, and 126% in another, they may well have. I'm sure I could find more like that if I looked it up.

By the way, apparently you aren't aware that Schultz only played 70% of the offensive snaps Sunday. But it wouldn't fit your narrative to know that. It sounds much better for you to claim he played 100% of the time.

What % of passing snaps?
Was it a 4 wr formation
Or a dual rb formation
Or was it another te?

Or was it on punts and kickoffs that he didnt play on offense.

I didnt see any 4 wr formations
Maybe one dual rb formation.
I dont remember one passing snap with out a te. If it wasnt schultz it coulda been bell

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What % of passing snaps?
Hey, it was your claim that he played 100% of the passing snaps. Why don't you quit mindlessly making up numbers you pull out of your backside and do the research yourself?

I've shown you repeated incidents of you making illogical claims that have little or nothing to do with the posts you quote.

And I've shown you multiple incidents of teams winning without having an elite TE.

I've shown you that teams, including SB winning teams, use TE's heavily even when they don't have an elite TE.

What have you shown except a willingness to make up whatever suits you while ignoring the lack of backup support for your claims?

Last edited:

cern

Reaction score
the role of new generation te's has been changing. they now have much value as receivers. kittle, kelce, graham, and others don't play the position like their dad's would have. it might well have been our own jay novacek who started this trend. he was more a receiver than a blocker.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Schultz is Dan Campbell, he won't ever be special but he will be solid.
Maybe, but in 1 game he has 25-30% of the stats Dan Campbell had in his best statistical season. Campbell was probably a stronger blocker though.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
the role of new generation te's has been changing. they now have much value as receivers. kittle, kelce, graham, and others don't play the position like their dad's would have. it might well have been our own jay novacek who started this trend. he was more a receiver than a blocker.

I think you can trace it back further than Novacek to Kellen Winslow. He was essentially an oversized WR. But I think that took a step forward with Gonzales, Gates, Vernon Davis, and even Witten even though he wasn't quite the same pure athlete as those guys.

Then there was the H-Back type like Shannon Sharp, who, by the way, I wish had sucked and then maybe we wouldn't be subjected to him on TV on sports programming.

CowboysExchange

Reaction score

Baltimore maybe used the same te on every passing down and won
Hey, it was your claim that he played 100% of the passing snaps. Why don't you quit mindlessly making up numbers you pull out of your backside and do the research yourself?

I've shown you repeated incidents of you making illogical claims that have nothing to do with the posts you quote.

And I've shown you multiple incidents of teams winning without having an elite TE.

I've shown you that teams, including SB winning teams, use TE's heavily even when they don't have an elite TE.

What have you shown except a willingness to make up whatever suits you while ignoring the lack of backup support for your claims?

Dallas has

I've shown you repeated incidents of you making illogical claims that have nothing to do with the posts you quote.

The difference is with the Cowboys is that the starting te didnt rotate at All. Not even with the other tes. Aka witten aka Swaim. Having a te on the field doesnt mean it was the same player.

With the Cowboys It was the same player on every snap. He wasn'tt coming off the field unless we were kicking the ball.

Ne may have always had a te on the field but belichek is a big rotational coach. I betcha they had a rotation at te at least.

Maybe baltimore. But i dont think one te played every single passing snap like witten or swaim. Thats asking a bit too much. It just waters down their efficiency. Guys get gassed, formations get monotonous, formations have players that have no skillsets for that down and distance. Going forward the blocking te is being replaced by receiving tes and slot wrs. The rules favor the receivers. Schemes like no or the rams feature 2 great rbs not 1 great one. It help carry the scoring averages nets more yards etc etc etc

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Baltimore maybe used the same te on every passing down and won

Dallas has

The difference is with the Cowboys is that the starting te didnt rotate at All. Not even with the other tes. Aka witten aka Swaim. Having a te on the field doesnt mean it was the same player.

With the Cowboys It was the same player on every snap. He wasn'tt coming off the field unless we were kicking the ball.

Ne may have always had a te on the field but belichek is a big rotational coach. I betcha they had a rotation at te at least.
Again, you're just making up things. I provide facts, and your response is to say "nuh uh", like an embarassed kid on the playground grasping for something to say when proven wrong.

And, here you are, as you have in the past, talking about a TE who was last on the team 3 seasons ago, and under a different coach. You are arguing things that don't even apply to the current team, which shows exactly how desperately you are grasping at straws.

If you want to be taken seriously, quit making up things, quit repeatedly putting your lack of knowledge about the TE position on display, and quit quoting people and responding with comments that don't apply to what you quoted.

And quit making nonsense comments like better players are less likely to get injured than players that aren't as good. Or pretending Tony Gonzales played in some distant past where passing and big offense wasn't part of the game.

Last edited:

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Again, you're just making up things. I provide facts, and your response is to say "nuh uh", like an embarassed kid on the playground grasping for something to say when proven wrong.

And, here you are, as you have in the past, talking about a TE who was last on the team 3 seasons ago, and under a different coach. You are arguing things that don't even apply to the current team, which shows exactly how desperately you are grasping at straws.

If you want to be taken seriously, quit making up things, quit repeatedly putting your lack of knowledge about the TE position on display, and quit quoting people and responding with comments that don't apply to what you quoted.

And quit making nonsense comments like better players are less likely to get injured than players that aren't as good. Or pretending Tony Gonzales played in some distant past where passing and big offense wasn't part of the game.

Im very specific on details and facts Rogers. The Cowboys never rotated Witten. That not the same as two tes rotating. You keep confusing those facts.

I guarantee ya that very few teams had a te that played every offensive snap and never came off the field. If it did happen in the past which idk then I think the coach is an idiot from a scheme, freshness and element of surprize standpoint. Especially if the player is lacking the skillsets at scoring or certain downs and distances.

Thats where Dallas is different than all the other teams. Most teams rotate their players or tes unless they are studs.

Not witten or swaim. They were a constant and everybody else rotated around them.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im very specific on details and facts Rogers. The Cowboys never rotated Witten. That not the same as two tes rotating. You keep confusing those facts.

I guarantee ya that very few teams had a te that played every offensive snap and never came off the field. If it did happen in the past which idk then I think the coach is an idiot from a scheme, freshness and element of surprize standpoint. Especially if the player is lacking the skillsets at scoring or certain downs and distances.

Thats where Dallas is different than all the other teams. Most teams rotate their players or tes unless they are studs.

Not witten or swaim. They were a constant and everybody else rotated around them.
Correction - you're very specific and what you claim as details and facts - without regard for actual details and facts.

You've made so many false statements its laughable, and when proven you just move on and pretend it never happened.

And here you are doing it again. I already proved to you that the Cowboys don't have a TE that never came off the field, yet here you are still claiming that's what happened.

You would go to your grave making up things and claiming them as fact without any regard for the actual facts.

Swaim, again, was last on the team 3 seasons ago. That has nothing to do with today, or with Schultz. Even a child can understand that. What can't you?

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
Correction - you're very specific and what you claim as details and facts - without regard for actual details and facts.

You've made so many false statements its laughable, and when proven you just move on and pretend it never happened.

And here you are doing it again. I already proved to you that the Cowboys don't have a TE that never came off the field, yet here you are still claiming that's what happened.

You would go to your grave making up things and claiming them as fact without any regard for the actual facts.

Swaim, again, was last on the team 3 seasons ago. That has nothing to do with today, or with Schultz. Even a child can understand that. What can't you?

How good does 25 years of irrelevance taste? Not too good to me.
Romo couldnt win with the non rotational everysnap te and neither can Dak. We always can get down to the red zone but can never punch it in.

I thought the Te was supposed to specialize in that.Apparently the tes are supposed to do everything but score if hes a Dallas Cowboy according to alot of folks. How about winning? You think Zeke and Dak gonna score 3 tds a game. Who is gonna score all those tds?

Our tes are never any good at scoring. They go 8-10 games without scoring and thats acceptable w no substitution?

Well not if Im the coach. I hope that schultz does well. But if this te core scores 1 lousy td all year until the last meaningless game against the Giants and the team goes 8-8 which is the W/L pace right now then who cares if they bench these tes or use substitution. Maybe the freshness or monotony will help if they run so 4 wr sets and dual rb formations.

Its not like were beating anybody. We didnt beat 2 teams with a winning record last year.

Why are you trying to prove that we need a te out there on every snap and defending that? Why do ya get angry about it?

What have these Tes done in 6 years? 3-4 tds a year against the Giants. Lol.

We got 14 other opponents besides the Giants. Lol.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
not tooting my horn but he became a whipping boy for a lot on here for some reason.

Now I don't think he'll be some stud, but some on here are too quick on banishing a player over a bad play. Especially when they get limited snaps.
Rico Gaithers played a part in Schultz not getting much love.

Some of us thought he might be the future of the position.

Not to be at all.

Batman1980

Reaction score
I guess they figured getting Lamb at that spot was worth not having a stud TE. They'll overcorrect next year and take a TE way above his draft grade, I'm sure.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I think he got benched for a few series in the first half after his fumble. Good to see he did the most with his second chance.
You thought he got benched?

I just thought they went to more passing with the slot receiver in the game meaning Lamb. Meaning Schultz sits.

If you bench guys for fumbling then..

Sit Dak and Zeke, too.

Never mind. I'm just mad about all those fumbles.

No biggy.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I followed him on Twitter right after we drafted him. Yall can speak for yourself.....

plymkr

Reaction score
I was pretty shocked by him today. It was only one game but gotta give him props. Hope he can continue to grow.
Me too. I was pleasantly surprised by him. When Jarwin went down I felt the TE position was going to be a major liability. But he played well. He caught the ball and made the defense account for him. I'm hoping he keeps it going. He had a great game considering he's a backup. He played like a starter.