Let’s put the myth of the SF running game to bed

Sydla

Reaction score
San Fran O is better statisically than some of you think. They are 5th in offensive DVOA and 5th in rushing DVOA per football outsiders.

amame25

Reaction score
The people that dont think SF has a chance need their head examined. Garapolo hung 49 on the Saints a couple years ago while Dak hung 9 on the Saints the same season. The 49ers just went into LA and beat them in a Game that LA needed. They are a good team and they are going to be a very tough opponent.

ohhhh noooo really? He did that a couple years ago? All by himself???

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
They are 7th in the league at 126.9 YPG. That’s is 2.3 YPG better than us. And here’s the thing, that’s only because they run it a lot because their QB sucks and their coach struggles getting his receivers open without playaction. They are 17th in yards per carry at 4.3, 0.2 yards LESS than Dallas.

This is not the team that went to the SB 2 years ago. They are a one dimensional offense that runs out of necessity and they are below average on a per carry basis.

I’m not sure what you are trying to sale here but let me say this. The Dallas Cowboys have not beaten a good team in a big game in like forever! And until they do, I don’t care about any post or threads on how we are going to do this or do that. Heard it two weeks ago leading up to the AZ game.

I am nervous about any team we play in the playoffs until we show we can win a big game again!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Real simple to me, shut the run game down and force Garoppolo to best you. Pretty obvious they try to him behind the running game.

BermyStar

Reaction score
They are 7th in the league at 126.9 YPG. That’s is 2.3 YPG better than us. And here’s the thing, that’s only because they run it a lot because their QB sucks and their coach struggles getting his receivers open without playaction. They are 17th in yards per carry at 4.3, 0.2 yards LESS than Dallas.

This is not the team that went to the SB 2 years ago. They are a one dimensional offense that runs out of necessity and they are below average on a per carry basis.
Biblical

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The people that dont think SF has a chance need their head examined. Garapolo hung 49 on the Saints a couple years ago while Dak hung 9 on the Saints the same season. The 49ers just went into LA and beat them in a Game that LA needed. They are a good team and they are going to be a very tough opponent.
SF is not as good as they were two years ago(2019). The fact you are using the 2019 version of the 49ers to sell this year's version of the 49ers is just pathetic. They are not the same team at all. Bad sales job! SF definitely has a chance to beat the Cowboys, I would never say otherwise. I look forward to this challenge for the Cowboys.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We also have one of the best run defenders in the entire league…. Magic Micah.

And yet, the Cowboys are 24th in rushing yards allowed per attempt (4.5). Parsons can't be everywhere, even though it seems he is at times.

At least the QB running threat isn't an issue with Jimmy G.

Hadenough

Reaction score
SF is not as good as they were two years ago(2019). The fact you are using the 2019 version of the 49ers to sell this year's version of the 49ers is just pathetic. They are not the same team at all. Bad sales job! SF definitely has a chance to beat the Cowboys, I would never say otherwise. I look forward to this challenge for the Cowboys.
I was using the game against the Saints to state about Garapolo isn't a bad QB. And they ran the ball at the Rams and the Rams knew it was coming and couldn't stop them.
It's pathetic how some fans totally are blind to the game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I’m not sure what you are trying to sale here but let me say this. The Dallas Cowboys have not beaten a good team in a big game in like forever! And until they do, I don’t care about any post or threads on how we are going to do this or do that. Heard it two weeks ago leading up to the AZ game.

I am nervous about any team we play in the playoffs until we show we can win a big game again!
Good post! We have seen the Cowboys fall flat every time they have a measuring stick game in front of them.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score

and a Philly running back with a lot of backups playing last night had 96 yards rushing in the first half last night against the Dallas front seven so your whole thread misses the point!!

terra

Reaction score
We should beat them. Simple as that. And if we can't then we don't deserve anything better anyway.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I was using the game against the Saints to state about Garapolo isn't a bad QB. And they ran the ball at the Rams and the Rams knew it was coming and couldn't stop them.
It's pathetic how some fans totally are blind to the game.
You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, you're not that blind. Just a little oblivious to how the 2019 49ers don't translate to the current version of that team. Mind you, I agree they are a worthy opponent. I'm not critiquing them, I'm critiquing you.

Proof

Reaction score
i’d be curious to see what the numbers look like isolates over the 2nd half of the seaso