Let’s talk about Dak’s completion percentage

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
In that 4 game win streak, he had an average performance against the Saints, and looked awful for most of the game against the Falcons who have one of the worst defenses in the league...

You’re also failing to make a valid argument...again.

Carr doesn’t have a great offensive line nor does he have great receivers, he currently has 68% completion and a rating of 95.2. That’s all with Gruden blowing the team up around Carr...

I don’t think you understand the QB position or the league they play in now. This is the easiest era for QBs and it’s just getting easier. You can get by in this league with average RBs and average WRs due to the rules...

Dak is mediocre. Troll better, not harder.

His QB rating is over 100 during the 4 game win streak. Nothing middling about it. Then there is the rushing yards and TD's. 4-0

And lets just imagine that Dak was average. So then he is a top 15 QB? So where is a troll like you going to find someone better then that?

Once the line is fixed hell be an MVP candidate again. New contract coming.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Where would you rank Dak among the regular starters in the league?

At this point in the middle of the pak. Around the 12-15 range. Another year or two and with much better Oline play and a TE he will be a top 10 QB. Never going to be an elite, top 5 QB. Never going to break passing records. HIs leadership, clutch abilities, and dual threat makes him unique. The best part of his game. Things you cant teach.

And of course its why the trolls focus on the passing numbers only.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
His QB rating is over 100 during the 4 game win streak. Nothing middling about it. Then there is the rushing yards and TD's. 4-0

And lets just imagine that Dak was average. So then he is a top 15 QB? So where is a troll like you going to find someone better then that?

Once the line is fixed hell be an MVP candidate again. New contract coming.

And I am showing you how raw stats mean nothing...

Again, Dak was not great in the Saints game. He was not great against the Falcons either. So, he has two good games - against the Eagles and Commanders....

Also, no he isn’t top 15. Dak, currently, is ranked at 19 on PFF. I have him slightly above players like Flacco, Dalton, and Mariota.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
In that 4 game win streak, he had an average performance against the Saints, and looked awful for most of the game against the Falcons who have one of the worst defenses in the league...

Carr doesn’t have a great offensive line nor does he have great receivers, he currently has 68% completion and a rating of 95.2. That’s all with Gruden blowing the team up around Carr...

I don’t think you understand the QB position or the league they play in now. This is the easiest era for QBs and it’s just getting easier. You can get by in this league with average RBs and average WRs due to the rules...

To be fair, he played very well in the first half against the Saints. Not elite level, but very good. I think our failure to score more than 13 was more on the play calling in the red zone..........The second half is where he reverted to average.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
At this point in the middle of the pak. Around the 12-15 range. Another year or two and with much better Oline play and a TE he will be a top 10 QB. Never going to be an elite, top 5 QB. Never going to break passing records. HIs leadership, clutch abilities, and dual threat makes him unique. The best part of his game. Things you cant teach.

And of course its why the trolls focus on the passing numbers only.

Do you understand how silly this is? LOL

“He’s an MVP candidate...if he has great players surrounding him”

Holy crap haha

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And I am showing you how raw stats mean nothing...

Again, Dak was not great in the Saints game. He was not great against the Falcons either. So, he has two good games - against the Eagles and Commanders....

Also, no he isn’t top 15. Dak, currently, is ranked at 19 on PFF. I have him slightly above players like Flacco, Dalton, and Mariota.

He was good enough to win. 24-28 for 280 yards is good enough for me. It was good enough for Aikman for a long time.

Trolls like you still think every QB should be Tom Brady. You live in a dream world.

When Tom Brady is available let me know and I would love to sign him. Until then Dak is the guy. For a long time. Better get used to it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you understand how silly this is? LOL

“He’s an MVP candidate...if he has great players surrounding him”

Holy crap haha
So Goff, Brees, Mahones should be the ONLY guys with great players around him?

Just shows how little you understand the game. Yah, great players need other players around them. Hows Rogers doing this year? Does he suck too? 4-7

Dak showed even in his rookie year that with good players around him he could win 13 games and 11 in a row. Yah, Ill take that all day long.

When Mahones is available let me know.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
To be fair, he played very well in the first half against the Saints. Not elite level, but very good. I think our failure to score more than 13 was more on the play calling in the red zone..........The second half is where he reverted to average.

Yes, but pretending he is playing at some unreal level right now is simply not true. He’s still incredibly inconsistent.

And the prop up for Dak, oddly, has been completion %....which is higher than usual this year league wide.

JGRXXN

Reaction score
Big Ben just missed an easy wide open TD y'all need to understand that QBs miss more than y'all think esp down field... I been telling y'all this lol

mardwin

Reaction score

Stop bringing facts when analyzing Dak's performance, some of these homers live in alternative realities.

JBS

Reaction score
Yes, but pretending he is playing at some unreal level right now is simply not true. He’s still incredibly inconsistent.

And the prop up for Dak, oddly, has been completion %....which is higher than usual this year league wide.

Your whole post is about completion % and nothing else

You then go on to say 24/28 wasn't good

Fail...

Show Daks completion % since the Cooper trade

Where does he stack up there? Stop moving the goal posts

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Serious question: Who became an MVP with crap players surrounding him?

But he’s really not asking who will become MVP, if you read his post. He believes he will be an MVP candidate.

If we go to MVP candidate, there has been multiple players in that discussion who have had bad teams around them. Tom Brady in 2013, Russell Wilson has been in the discussion since 2015, Stafford in 2016, etc.

And Dak with a great team around him, still only put up 20+ TDs. That won’t get him MVP.

Great QBs perform at high levels despite the surroundings. Dak is not a player who will elevate a team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Who said he is playing at some unreal level? Who is propping up his completion percentage?

Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys over the last 3 years has been a text book lesson on QB play and you missed the entire class.

Oline play + competent receivers = much better play from Prescott

Bad Oline play + bad receivers = Bad Prescott play.

Very very simple formula. And its the formula for QB play in general.

Nothing genius about it.

Number1

Reaction score
This seems to be the focus on this forum the past few days...

So I went and checked the stats of league wide completion percentage, and it is unusually high across the league.

There are 4 QBs right now that are at 70% or higher. They are

Drew Brees - 75%
Kirk Cousins - 71%
Matt Ryan - 70%
Marcus Mariota - 70.3%

Dak Prescott - 364 attempts, 66.8%, 2,675 yards, 7.3 rating, 14 TDs to 5 INTs, sacked 45 times, 95.4 rating

PFF has him rated #19

Looking around the league at completion % averages, Dak’s completion % becomes far less impressive.

This is mediocre QB play.

I have to point out over the last 4 games (with Xavier on the field) Dak is at - 74%, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 8.0 YPA ... took 17 sacks and ran for 3 TDs

and he's done it 60% of this OL off the field and 7 new target on the field - Dak is a lot of things pro and con but "mediocre" - naw