Let’s talk about Dak’s completion percentage

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Your whole post is about completion % and nothing else

You then go on to say 24/28 wasn't good

Fail...

Show Daks completion % since the Cooper trade

Where does he stack up there? Stop moving the goal posts

My “entire post” is showing how the completion % is unusually high this year. Read, comprehend, and the respond.

You are also ignoring that Dak has a low amount of passes per game compared to most of the league..

Again, Derek Carr has 68% completion rating with a 7.0+ average with nothing around him...

Do you see the point being made here?

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
But he’s really not asking who will become MVP, if you read his post. He believes he will be an MVP candidate.

If we go to MVP candidate, there has been multiple players in that discussion who have had bad teams around them. Tom Brady in 2013, Russell Wilson has been in the discussion since 2015, Stafford in 2016, etc.

And Dak with a great team around him, still only put up 20+ TDs. That won’t get him MVP.

Great QBs perform at high levels despite the surroundings. Dak is not a player who will elevate a team.
You think Dak has a Great team around him?
I'll give that the D is playing very well, but really? Great?

Interesting...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I have to point out over the last 4 games (with Xavier on the field) Dak is at - 74%, 4 TDs, 0 INTs, 8.0 YPA ... took 17 sacks and ran for 3 TDs

and he's done it 60% of this OL off the field and 7 new target on the field - Dak is a lot of things pro and con but "mediocre" - naw

And Care has 68% completion rating, bad O-Line, no receivers, mediocre running game...

NEXT!

Dre11

Reaction score
in 2016 he didn't ball out.....he was 23rd in passing and middle of the pack in TDs. in the first 7 games we scored around 20. in the past 5 games we score around 21.4.....not a big difference, even though his percentage has gone up and his passing yards have gone up too, it hasn't translated to points.....this past game against the saints, everyone was gaga over his completion percentage, yet we only scored 13 points and if not for the defense we would have been screwed against 30th ranked pass defense...

Here you go again, in 2016 he balled out out, Hence winning ROY and was mentioned in MVP talks.

JBS

Reaction score
My “entire post” is showing how the completion % is unusually high this year. Read, comprehend, and the respond.

You are also ignoring that Dak has a low amount of passes per game compared to most of the league..

Again, Derek Carr has 68% completion rating with a 7.0+ average with nothing around him...

Do you see the point being made here?

Answer the question that I posed

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
But he’s really not asking who will become MVP, if you read his post. He believes he will be an MVP candidate.

If we go to MVP candidate, there has been multiple players in that discussion who have had bad teams around them. Tom Brady in 2013, Russell Wilson has been in the discussion since 2015, Stafford in 2016, etc.

And Dak with a great team around him, still only put up 20+ TDs. That won’t get him MVP.

Great QBs perform at high levels despite the surroundings. Dak is not a player who will elevate a team.

There's several QBs with better stats that don't "elevate" a team Stafford and Cousins come to mind

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You think Dak has a Great team around him?
I'll give that the D is playing very well, but really? Great?

Interesting...

I think Dak has a great team around him in 2016 and reached his peak.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes, but pretending he is playing at some unreal level right now is simply not true. He’s still incredibly inconsistent.

And the prop up for Dak, oddly, has been completion %....which is higher than usual this year league wide.
I agree with you. I'm just saying that first half shows he may be able to do better......hopefully.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Who said he is playing at some unreal level? Who is propping up his completion percentage?

Dak Prescott and the Dallas Cowboys over the last 3 years has been a text book lesson on QB play and you missed the entire class.

Oline play + competent receivers = much better play from Prescott

Bad Oline play + bad receivers = Bad Prescott play.

Very very simple formula. And its the formula for QB play in general.

Nothing genius about it.

You rank him top 12-15 LOL

That’s propping him up, dopey.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Big Ben just missed an easy wide open TD y'all need to understand that QBs miss more than y'all think esp down field... I been telling y'all this lol

Yes. The similarities between Big Ben and Dak are erie.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I think Dak has a great team around him in 2016 and reached his peak.
Okay... when he was a rookie. I, unfortunately, lost that year. But do you say he has a Great team around him right now?

Last edited:

ClintDagger

Reaction score
At this point in the middle of the pak. Around the 12-15 range. Another year or two and with much better Oline play and a TE he will be a top 10 QB. Never going to be an elite, top 5 QB. Never going to break passing records. HIs leadership, clutch abilities, and dual threat makes him unique. The best part of his game. Things you cant teach.

And of course its why the trolls focus on the passing numbers only.
I don’t know that he’ll ever get “much better” oline play. Tyron will continue to deteriorate and as good as Frederick was I don’t think he’s leaps & bounds better than Looney, and when he returns he might not be any better at all. Looney has been tremendous this season. It’s one of the things that doesn’t get talked much about. As far as TEs go, it would be great to find a Kelce type but I wouldn’t be surprised if the level of TE play we are seeing now is also what we get in the coming years. In other words, I think the personnel you see now is pretty close to what you will see in the future. So if Dak is going to take a step forward and become a legit top half of the league QB he will probably have to do it on his own and not through a better supporting cast.

Dre11

Reaction score
in 2016 he didn't ball out.....he was 23rd in passing and middle of the pack in TDs. in the first 7 games we scored around 20. in the past 5 games we score around 21.4.....not a big difference, even though his percentage has gone up and his passing yards have gone up too, it hasn't translated to points.....this past game against the saints, everyone was gaga over his completion percentage, yet we only scored 13 points and if not for the defense we would have been screwed against 30th ranked pass defense...

Oh he didn't ball out

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/galle...ers-dak-prescott-drew-brees-cam-newton-010617

SackMaster

Reaction score
He was good enough to win. 24-28 for 280 yards is good enough for me. It was good enough for Aikman for a long time.

Trolls like you still think every QB should be Tom Brady. You live in a dream world.

When Tom Brady is available let me know and I would love to sign him. Until then Dak is the guy. For a long time. Better get used to it.
Come on man, you know that's false.

If it was up to the same people who hate Dak, Tom Brady would have never been allowed to sign a second contract with the Cowboys. Tom Brady did not become "Tom Brady" until his breakout year after teaming up with Randy Moss in 2007.

Before Randy Moss? NEVER had 30 TDs in a season. And in 5 of 7 years as a starter, was UNDER 7.0 ypc all the while NEVER hitting more than 64% of his passes.

Sure he won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, but go look at his playoff game logs. Only 2 of 9 games he was over 300 yards. But outside of those two games, he never broke 240 and had more games UNDER 150 yards than he had over 300 (3).

Tom Brady RARELY carried the Patriots his first several years. What he was was careful to not put his defense in bad situation and clutch when he needed to be.

"But that was before all the rules that made offense so easy!!!" I can hear now. While true, it's not like the Cowboys run a modern offense either. Instead, we go by just beat the man in front of you every play, even if the routes tell you to run RIGHT TO the defender and just turn around.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
Come on man, you know that's false.

If it was up to the same people who hate Dak, Tom Brady would have never been allowed to sign a second contract with the Cowboys. Tom Brady did not become "Tom Brady" until his breakout year after teaming up with Randy Moss in 2007.

Before Randy Moss? NEVER had 30 TDs in a season. And in 5 of 7 years as a starter, was UNDER 7.0 ypc all the while NEVER hitting more than 64% of his passes.

Sure he won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years, but go look at his playoff game logs. Only 2 of 9 games he was over 300 yards. But outside of those two games, he never broke 240 and had more games UNDER 150 yards than he had over 300 (3).

Tom Brady RARELY carried the Patriots his first several years. What he was was careful to not put his defense in bad situation and clutch when he needed to be.

"But that was before all the rules that made offense so easy!!!" I can hear now. While true, it's not like the Cowboys run a modern offense either. Instead, we go by just beat the man in front of you every play, even if the routes tell you to run RIGHT TO the defender and just turn around.
"Lord forgive them for they do not know"

ClintDagger

Reaction score
That’s about right. It’s a hard sell to say he’s cracked the top 20. I think he can get there, but his peak is outside the top 15 IMO. Unless we get some kind of QB guru in here which I don’t anticipate.

Dre11

Reaction score

Want more

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...g-drives-clutch-air-yards-touchdowns-interce/