Let 'em both walk? Build around Zeke, Pollard and Gallup?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
the draft is 3rounds deep with starting WRs..you saying its not carp shoot paying 100mil dollars to player who basically showed up I half the games last year and was hurt more then helathy? its all a gamble...part of the thrill of a season is not knowing the story that unfolding.. change is tough and io think the DC FO made huge mistake in year this deep with WRs paying AC that money..the dude is not motivated to be the best , he relies solely on his natural talent and plays when he decides he wants to Ie hes not driven or passionate.. its why the raiders traded him..dont get me wrong I like him but id take Julio, Hopkins or Thomas any day over coop and give up a draft pick in a trade vs just keeping coop..

I have bad feeling about this one....hope im worng
last year the draft was three deep at DE, the year before it was supposed to be the year of the DT....more than half these players in the first round don't work out.

you know he was injured the second half of the year?

and based on suggestion from the pundits on this board, we should never ever pay any players unless its a low amount so we should make a run for 4 years, then dismantle and rebuild another 4 years....and hope we hit on every draft pick...otherwise just let Dak go, let cooper go, let jones go, let LVE go, let smith go, let Lawrence go, let Martin go, let zeke go on and on.

at some point when you have a 95 mill cap space, have paid the lowest salary in the past 6 years....you have to sign a couple of high priced players to help you win.

blueblood70

Reaction score
last year the draft was three deep at DE, the year before it was supposed to be the year of the DT....more than half these players in the first round don't work out.

you know he was injured the second half of the year?

and based on suggestion from the pundits on this board, we should never ever pay any players unless its a low amount so we should make a run for 4 years, then dismantle and rebuild another 4 years....and hope we hit on every draft pick...otherwise just let Dak go, let cooper go, let jones go, let LVE go, let smith go, let Lawrence go, let Martin go, let zeke go on and on.

at some point when you have a 95 mill cap space, have paid the lowest salary in the past 6 years....you have to sign a couple of high priced players to help you win.
dont act like this FO doesnt sign people, they brought in Cobb and quinn last year and few others who BTWE turned out to be valuable pieces..

then Signed big deals to,

Zeke
Jsmith
LC
Tank

they tried the year before to go after Watkins and just because they didnt sign Earl , Adams or others they did make offers that wernt enough but that prude business, you cant be reckless some restraint is needed as dream team type FAs most for the tie do NOT work out..

they have more cap space because they were saving it for Dak and Coop and other FAS which FA starts tonight BTW so nothing been lost yet..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
dont act like this FO doesnt sign people, they brought in Cobb and quinn last year and few others who BTWE turned out to be valuable pieces..

then Signed big deals to,

Zeke
Jsmith
LC
Tank

they tried the year before to go after Watkins and just because they didnt sign Earl , Adams or others they did make offers that wernt enough but that prude business, you cant be reckless some restraint is needed as dream team type FAs most for the tie do NOT work out..

they have more cap space because they were saving it for Dak and Coop and other FAS which FA starts tonight BTW so nothing been lost yet..
cobb..is not a top end WR. he is after market WR

We traded for quinn...

and after signing Smith, LC, tank, Zeke we still have 95 mill of cap space...what do you want to do? save it? they don't give awards for the team with the highest available cap space

and although Cooper seems to have a $20M/year average, lets look at the real numbers and impact to the cap.

blueblood70

Reaction score

We traded for quinn...

and after signing Smith, LC, tank, Zeke we still have 95 mill of cap space...what do you want to do? save it? they don't give awards for the team with the highest available cap space

and although Cooper seems to have a $20M/year average, lets look at the real numbers and impact to the cap.
last I checked those are MOVES and Cobb just got 9mil a year from Htown.. so?he was agreat pickup

blueblood70

Reaction score

We traded for quinn...

give it a phucking rest bro, they were trying to keep it to get Coop and dak signed to deals before they made other moves..

BTW we didnt have the most, the FO spends but with 38 pending FAs coming up with BJ Coop and dak expecting big deals , they have to keep some in the bank.. now they know more about their actual cap and FA situation they will have some room to spend starting tomorrow.. stop the complaining and acting as if you know more then the FO about the cap and their financing.. newsflash YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE..

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes sense. Build a team around a questionable character guy that takes plays off. Especially a guy that has maybe 3 years left as a productive player. Yeah go with him.

You didn't think GM Jerry and son were going to improve the team did you?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
last I checked those are MOVES and Cobb just got 9mil a year from Htown.. so?he was agreat pickup
Houston...the same Houston that traded one of the top 3 WRs in the league for a 2nd round pick and a washed up RB, whose salary is higher than the WR they gave up...now they signed Cobb for an over priced contract...

even Madden NFL wouldn't allow that trade.....yeah, that Houston Genius GM :eek:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
give it a phucking rest bro, they were trying to keep it to get Coop and dak signed to deals before they made other moves..

BTW we didnt have the most, the FO spends but with 38 pending FAs coming up with BJ Coop and dak expecting big deals , they have to keep some in the bank.. now they know more about their actual cap and FA situation they will have some room to spend starting tomorrow.. stop the complaining and acting as if you know more then the FO about the cap and their financing.. newsflash YOU DO NOT HAVE A CLUE..
I don't know more than FO...but seemingly you find a lot to complain about, yet point the finger.... most of the players we have to sign are JAGS....every team has them. Houston over paid for Cobb, got screwed in the trade....

and they also restructured couple of contracts for signing Coop..

we have plenty of cap space.

it would have been utterly stupid to trade a 1st for cooper and then let him walk....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't know more than FO...but seemingly you find a lot to complain about, yet point the finger.... most of the players we have to sign are JAGS....every team has them. Houston over paid for Cobb, got screwed in the trade....

and they also restructured couple of contracts for signing Coop..

we have plenty of cap space.

it would have been utterly stupid to trade a 1st for cooper and then let him walk....
true but still time will tell how bad these moves were and I feel coop being an unmotivated impassionate type player might be a bad deal 3 years from now..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Houston...the same Houston that traded one of the top 3 WRs in the league for a 2nd round pick and a washed up RB, whose salary is higher than the WR they gave up...now they signed Cobb for an over priced contract...

even Madden NFL wouldn't allow that trade.....yeah, that Houston Genius GM :eek:
for sure they got the bad end f the deal but rumor has it Hopkins and the owner/gm have been at odds and this is what happens when you need to get rid of a disgruntled employee..this might happen with dak SOON..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
true but still time will tell how bad these moves were and I feel coop being an unmotivated impassionate type player might be a bad deal 3 years from now..
he may not be like Dez on the sideline, but he has produced way more than Dez. you don't need to be a screamer to be considered a leader or good. you lead by example. as much as I have read, he works hard, he is passionate. he dealth with injuries second half of the season, continued to play, produce but not at the level we were used to. to trade a 1st round pick for a 1.5 year rental would have been dumb. I don't think his production will drop nor will he show a bad attitude. he has not come across as that type of player.

btw, I hope to god we don't sign Dez. that would be a disaster. perhaps draft a WR in the 3rd to fill the slot WR issue, although Pollard can fill that role and will give us opportunity to have him and zeke on the field at the same time creating mismatches.

blueblood70

Reaction score
he may not be like Dez on the sideline, but he has produced way more than Dez. you don't need to be a screamer to be considered a leader or good. you lead by example. as much as I have read, he works hard, he is passionate. he dealth with injuries second half of the season, continued to play, produce but not at the level we were used to. to trade a 1st round pick for a 1.5 year rental would have been dumb. I don't think his production will drop nor will he show a bad attitude. he has not come across as that type of player.
he didnt show much for road games regardless of injury he also disappeared against better DBs, just saying those are red flags you cant ignore or you end up with a lazy player choosing when to go all out.. now you give him 100mil deal..he did this with the raiders that was the knock on him big time inconsistency.. issue last year and dak both did this at the same time LOL then both wants max deals, I take issue with that for sure..

RonnieT24

Reaction score

btw, I hope to god we don't sign Dez. that would be a disaster. perhaps draft a WR in the 3rd to fill the slot WR issue, although Pollard can fill that role and will give us opportunity to have him and zeke on the field at the same time creating mismatches.

I can see both sides of the Coop argument but to me the guy went out there and played his heart out despite dealing with a ton of injuries. People who talk about his lack of production later in the season on the road forget this very simple human fact.. Nagging hurts hurt more in the cold than it does in a nice climate control stadium. Stuff you can gut out at 80 degrees can become debilitating at 25 degrees. Believe me I know.. I grew up in Florida and played my college ball in Massachusetts. Until you have tried to catch an ice coated ball with a jammed finger or run when you can't feel your toes you just cannot understand the impact this has on your body. Now that we have guaranteed that they are NOT going to go in the direction I suggested I will turn my attention to maximizing what we DO have. We lost Byron, Quinn and Cobb in 24 hours. That means CJ Henderson in the draft (and say goodbye to dropped INTs cause this kid has borderline WR hands), rehabilitate Randy Gregory and bring Dez back as the slot receiver and let's go to work!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
he didnt show much for road games regardless of injury he also disappeared against better DBs, just saying those are red flags you cant ignore or you end up with a lazy player choosing when to go all out.. now you give him 100mil deal..he did this with the raiders that was the knock on him big time inconsistency.. issue last year and dak both did this at the same time LOL then both wants max deals, I take issue with that for sure..

Disappearing against better DBs? That's an interesting take.. I will go look this up and report back because I tend to think that as long as he has been healthy NO DB has really stopped this guy. Especially not at home. Bear in mind that his "disappearing" might also have something to do with the QB .. If the "better DB" is closer to his man than Gallup's man is to him then why wouldn't I throw it to Gallup? I can all but guarantee you that if you watched the all-22 you will find a dozen snaps a game where Coop broke open against whoever and Dak just missed him or thought another throw was the better option. That's just football man.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Disappearing against better DBs? That's an interesting take.. I will go look this up and report back because I tend to think that as long as he has been healthy NO DB has really stopped this guy. Especially not at home. Bear in mind that his "disappearing" might also have something to do with the QB .. If the "better DB" is closer to his man than Gallup's man is to him then why wouldn't I throw it to Gallup? I can all but guarantee you that if you watched the all-22 you will find a dozen snaps a game where Coop broke open against whoever and Dak just missed him or thought another throw was the better option. That's just football man.
COOP DID NOT HAVE PRODUCTION TO SPEAK OF IN 8 GAMES , REGARDLESS OF WHOS THE QB or the DB , I seen Hopkins, thomas , and other elite WRs I mean look at Fitzgerald hes played with how many Jags at QB yet still produces , thats called Elite.. AC got paid elite money for being a second tier starter..hes great but dont try the injury thing either because thats also a red flag to why you worry about handing a player with a foot injurys that can pop up anytime 100mil..

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Okay... I looked through Coop's best games in 2019.. here they are in order..
Opponent targets catches yards TD corners team pass defense rank.
Green Bay.. 14 11 226 1 Tramon Williams and Jaire Alexander. 14th Not great but certainly not bad.
Minnesota 14 11 147 1 Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, Mike Hughes 13th see above Rhodes is a top 10 corner in the league.
NYG 9 6 106 1 Janoris Jenkins, Grant Haley, Antonio Hamilton 28th.. bottom feeders
PHI 5 5 106 0 Rasual Douglas, Jalen Mills, Sandrick 19th.. we can all agree they sucked worse than that.
Skins 5 4 92 0 Cody Sensabaugh, Aaron Colvin who cares? they sucked
MIA 7 6 88 2 Eric Row, Xavien Howard, 26th another bottom feeder
Bills 11 8 85 0 Tradavius White, Taron Johnson 4th 8 catches for 85 again a top 5 defense is not "disappearing."

Seems to me he had productive days against pretty much any corner who tried to single him up until he got hurt. Most teams doubled him getting off the bus.. They try to disguise it because they want to dictate the read for Dak and the route but as you watch plays unfold, especially right before the snap you consistently see safeties cheating over his way. That meant that Gallup and Co needed to step up.. Thankfully in a few games Gallup did just that.. but by and large Gallup was not ready to "take over" as the number one option when Coop was out, gimpy or just doubled. I think he takes another step forward this year though. Especially with teams having to deal with Dez out of the slot ..;-)

RonnieT24

Reaction score
COOP DID NOT HAVE PRODUCTION TO SPEAK OF IN 8 GAMES , REGARDLESS OF WHOS THE QB or the DB , I seen Hopkins, thomas , and other elite WRs I mean look at Fitzgerald hes played with how many Jags at QB yet still produces , thats called Elite.. AC got paid elite money for being a second tier starter..hes great but dont try the injury thing either because thats also a red flag to why you worry about handing a player with a foot injurys that can pop up anytime 100mil..

That's your take and you're entitled to it. I had no problem with letting Coop walk at 20 million a year.. but since we didn't the priority now shifts to getting the most of out of him. THat means putting a close monitor on this foot and leg injuries.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That's your take and you're entitled to it. I had no problem with letting Coop walk at 20 million a year.. but since we didn't the priority now shifts to getting the most of out of him. THat means putting a close monitor on this foot and leg injuries.
No ive watched fitz and Hopkins and other elite wrs produce with absolute jags at QB..ive seen other do it, cops like dak they need a perfect situation to produce or they just become very avg..its fact its all in front of you Thomas last year helped TB succeed you seen that against us and for 5 games they won with backup when brees went down, those players are worth overpaying , AC is NOT THAT GUY and never has been.. hes good but where i sit hes a 16-18mil max player got 20 he should feel very satisfied right now..

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No ive watched fitz and Hopkins and other elite wrs produce with absolute jags at QB..ive seen other do it, cops like dak they need a perfect situation to produce or they just become very avg..its fact its all in front of you Thomas last year helped TB succeed you seen that against us and for 5 games they won with backup when brees went down, those players are worth overpaying , AC is NOT THAT GUY and never has been.. hes good but where i sit hes a 16-18mil max player got 20 he should feel very satisfied right now..

As long as they get 12 wins out of the team that they've built I really don't care what they pay guys. If Jerry and Co structure the deal such that they supplement the other positions of need I'm fine with it. And please don't come with this nonsense about what "other guys" do with lesser QBs. The great Michael Thomas and Teddy Bridgewater put up 12 points and 149 yards passing against us.. four field goals. playing at home against our crappy *** defense. Spare me that noise. Their defense held three of the five opponents Bridgewater faced to 10 points or less. Maybe that helped Bridgewater win those games? Ya think?

blueblood70

Reaction score
As long as they get 12 wins out of the team that they've built I really don't care what they pay guys. If Jerry and Co structure the deal such that they supplement the other positions of need I'm fine with it. And please don't come with this nonsense about what "other guys" do with lesser QBs. The great Michael Thomas and Teddy Bridgewater put up 12 points and 149 yards passing against us.. four field goals. playing at home against our crappy *** defense. Spare me that noise. Their defense held three of the five opponents Bridgewater faced to 10 points or less. Maybe that helped Bridgewater win those games? Ya think?
I guess its an illusion Brees was out 5 games and Thomas got what over 1700 yards and double digit TDs and they made the playoffs.. dak and AC disappeared down the stretch and we went 8-8 FACTS that includes MIA Offense against the saints hmm.. thanks for proving my point..buh bye

both those players played well against soft teams and went MIA against better ones.. thats a FACT its all right there in the stats and we watched it with our own eyes..both got more then they deserved, thats for sure..