Let me get this straight

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This front office is always late figuring things out or even trying to get things straightened out.

They develop personal relationships with players instead of seeing them as assets (or liabilities). Add to it their egos - they have a hard time acknowledging mistakes - and you're always a step behind.

People don't change. As long as it's the Jerry and Stephen show there's no reason to expect the results to change. Draft any QB you want, it's always going to be an uphill battle.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Well, many of these star players are Garrett guys. I'm not a big fan of firing coaches after their first seasons. They should be allowed to clean house if need be, and this board was in denial about the talent we had on this team. A lot of you thought we could go into the season with a scrub defense and get a ring. Wasn't going to happen.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I could give a damn what you say about me. It’s about your natural instinctive lack of decency that was in your OP.
I dont find that to be true at all.

I'm quite far from being the only one who makes posts similar to this.

Not sure why you're singling me out. Maybe the blocking feature has something to do with it.

Maybe you're confusing me w someone else. Not sure, but....ok.

kevm3

Reaction score
Nolan might get fired if the defense doesn’t improve. In fact, he probably will.

For the first time this year I thought MM might get fired after one season after this week’s blowout loss to WSH. Even so, I still think this is highly, highly unlikely.

And with that said, I’m no where near to the point I want to trash MM just yet with this season’s COVID shortened training camp and the injuries we’ve sustained. That seems incredibly over-reactionary. Very fan-like, and fans tend to have a short sighted mob mentality.

A lot of fans were right on Garrett and they were right on not being too enthused with Mike. When you have a staff that gets let go for a lack of discipline and preparation, the last thing you do is hire a guy who has been rumored to have been skipping meetings to get massages and whose own qb is rumored to have said he has a low football iq. I would have said let's give him a chance if i saw some sort of trending improvement, but the team looks exactly like what the players have leaked. This coaching staff is unprepared. This is some of the sloppiest football I've ever seen, and if not for Dak putting up amazing numbers, this might be a year where we've had the worst defense and offense in cowboy history. I wouldn't be surprised if we score less than 10 for the majority of the remaining games while other teams drop 30 or more on us

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I dont find that to be true at all.

I'm quite far from being the only one who makes posts similar to this.

Not sure why you're singling me out. Maybe the blocking feature has something to do with it.

Maybe you're confusing me w someone else. Not sure, but....ok.
LOL Who ever said you were the only one? Little sensitive Nancy huh?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Why can't I compare him to any other owners? I don't understand your logic and you're really reaching for some straws here. Yes I can compare him to other owners because he is an owner. Just because the other owners do not GM their own teams and force themselves into the spotlight doesn't mean it's acceptable that Jerry does it. Let me as you a question. How many other GMs have their own radio shows and do interviews after games and give injury reports? How many GMs do that?

Regardless what hat Jerry is wearing he is a toxic narcissist that doesn't know how to run a team without Jimmy Johnson.

One more quick question for you. How many other owners, GMs or coaches tell an interviewer to shut up during an interview when asked about the team?

Jerry is toxic and it doesn't matter what label or class you want to put him in. Stop enabling.

I never said that nobody can not find faults with Jones. What I did say was because Jones is the ONLY owner that is their teams GM that you can not compare him to any other owner or what all the other owners do. Unless you live in or visit EVERY NFL city EVERY week don't say that no other GM do interviews or appear on TV or radio talk shows. The Cowboys are followed by the national media for every little thing that happens. I live in another NFL city and Gutekunst makes appearances on local packer TV and radio shows and has given updates on some of the injured players. Jones may speak a little more than most GM's do but just in what rule book does it say that GM's are not to speak to the media? I get it that you don't like Jones but trying to compare Jones to all other GM's and/or owners is trying to add apples and oranges.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
wait til the eagles blow us out by 30-35 points. I mean we let the skins score what 25 points on us.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dude I'm sorry I wrote that so aggressive. You caught me in a bad mood and I responded to your post poorly. The points I made I stand by but how I said it was inappropriate and wrong and it was a total dumb butt for acting like that. I apologize, I was wrong.

Hey that's really cool that you did that. Just so you know for the future I'm a big boy now and unless someone says something directed at me personally I understand people feel strongly about things and that it's part of communicating on an open media.

I give you a lot of credit for doing this. To answer you question about Jones telling an interviewer to shut up maybe now you can understand that a little better.

JBond

Reaction score
Find one good safety and one good defensive tackle and work with the rest of what you have on defense you can easily slide into the top 10

offense sign Prescott and let the line comeback healthy....

you should have an instant 10 win season

We had the number 1 offense if the defense wasn’t so bad we would be sitting at maybe 6-1 right now if healthy
Add a MLB to the list.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

McCarthy never should have been given a five year deal...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

Go find a young coach that can make this team his.

Not some fat has been as HC, and some never WAS as DC.

Start over Jerry. Admit it. You failed. Again.
Get a DC and several good players in the draft. Let’s see if it’s another train wreck next year. We can get another coach but we need solid players everywhere.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Seven games, no preseason, fire McCarthy! o_O
Not sure about McCarthy, but Mike Nolan needs to go. I don't think adding a preseason or anything else would help Nolan. This entire defense is in a shambles from the DL to the DBs. It's not just 1 or 2 positions, the entire defense is a train wreck.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

McCarthy never should have been given a five year deal...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

Go find a young coach that can make this team his.

Not some fat has been as HC, and some never WAS as DC.

Start over Jerry. Admit it. You failed. Again.
Everyone is now starting to post like @Redball Express !!!
Damn you Redball!!!!!!! You're like a fungus.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
One more thing. Do you feel telling an interviewer to shut up is putting up a positive front for the public?

No I don't, I agree with you. But that interviewer was really pushing Jerry. Jerry answered the question and then the interviewer doubled down on the same question, trying to push Jerry into a corner. The guy was asking for it.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fivetwos.... the season-ending injury to the starting QB changed the plans for 2020.
Cowboys would have went down this same path no matter who was the new HC.
Maybe offensively, but there were higher expectations for the defense than being the worst in the NFL.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
4k7q0n
Not loading for me brother.