Let me get this straight

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm not a big Jones fan but you nor anyone else can compare Jones to any other owner because Jones is the ONLY owner that is ALSO the GM. Wearing both hats he has to put up a positive upbeat front if for no other reason than to try to keep the team as upbeat as possible. If he went around publicly saying that the Cowboys are terrible and no hope the players will then stop playing completely. Now what he says publicly and what he tells the coaches and team privately could be and probably are two different things. All the players on a 1 year deal know that what they do last is what the other teams know the best so it's to their future benefit to play as hard as they can if they have any private thoughts of playing someplace else next year.
Dude I'm sorry I wrote that so aggressive. You caught me in a bad mood and I responded to your post poorly. The points I made I stand by but how I said it was inappropriate and wrong and it was a total dumb butt for acting like that. I apologize, I was wrong.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Something wrong with posting my opinion on an opinion based forum?

Show me once when I gave you a hard time before you did so to me.

Seems to me that more people around here agree with what I have to say as opposed to you.

I'll stop there. In case you're too upset.
Something wrong with posting my opinion on an opinion based forum?

Show me once when I gave you a hard time before you did so to me.

Seems to me that more people around here agree with what I have to say as opposed to you.

I'll stop there. In case you're too upset.
I could give a damn what you say about me. It’s about your natural instinctive lack of decency that was in your OP.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The thing is.. We’ll probably have to watch it fail several times before they make a move..

Dallas never gets out ahead of things or identifies mistakes quickly.

They make excuses and wait for obvious failure.
ITs funny because the hardcore fans recognize problems wayyy before the front office.

Hadenough

Reaction score
No sense in firing Nolan now. They are on pace for one of the worst defenses ever. They might benefit from picking in the top 3 in the league. It would be good for Jerry to have the bad taste for Nolans defense in his mouth all off season.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Nolan might get fired if the defense doesn’t improve. In fact, he probably will.

For the first time this year I thought MM might get fired after one season after this week’s blowout loss to WSH. Even so, I still think this is highly, highly unlikely.

And with that said, I’m no where near to the point I want to trash MM just yet with this season’s COVID shortened training camp and the injuries we’ve sustained. That seems incredibly over-reactionary. Very fan-like, and fans tend to have a short sighted mob mentality.

I think McCarthy staying strong and not overreacting under adversity is a positive. It doesn't mean that he has no answers. One thing Jerry stated on the radio put some perspective on the state of our team. Almost half our salary cap, 45%, consists of players that are injured.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude I'm sorry I wrote that so aggressive. You caught me in a bad mood and I responded to your post poorly. The points I made I stand by but how I said it was inappropriate and wrong and it was a total dumb butt for acting like that. I apologize, I was wrong.
I dig ya playmaker. Sometimes...a thing and moment just take over and you write something that isn't really you. The POINT is...... but not the presentation. Kudos for correcting yourself!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think McCarthy staying strong and not overreacting under adversity is a positive. It doesn't mean that he has no answers. One thing Jerry stated on the radio put some perspective on the state of our team. Almost half our salary cap, 45%, consists of players that are injured.

Many people thought that the shortened TC and preseason would lead to increased injuries and well...here we are.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ITs funny because the hardcore fans recognize problems wayyy before the front office.

And yet...those 'hardcore fans" have zero accountability. It's usually not terribly difficult to "recognize a problem". I wasn;t an orbital mechanics expert but I did recognize a problem when the space shuttle blew up.

Now...finding the solution, and being held accountable for it.....different story.

Hadenough

Reaction score
And yet...those 'hardcore fans" have zero accountability. It's usually not terribly difficult to "recognize a problem". I wasn;t an orbital mechanics expert but I did recognize a problem when the space shuttle blew up.

Now...finding the solution, and being held accountable for it.....different story.
This front office is always late figuring things out or even trying to get things straightened out. I wanted Romo traded with Draft picks to get the rights to draft Andrew Luck. The colts probably wouldn't of bitten on that but if you offer enough it might of worked. The Cowboys didn't even sniff that idea. Wanted Garrett gone years ago when Kyle Shanahan was hired by the 49ers, Jerry didn't even consider that idea to let Garrett go. I wanted Rivera or the 49ers D coordinator over McCarthy but no, this front office is just dumb. Never liked the hiring of Nolan and now look what they got. There has been solutions but Jerry always chooses the buddy buddy solution. It doesn't take GM to figure out the better choices.

Last edited:

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
This front office is always late figuring things out or even trying to get things straightened out. I wanted Romo traded with Draft picks to get the rights to draft Andrew Luck. The colts probably wouldn't of bitten on that but if you offer enough it might of worked. The Cowboys didn't even sniff that idea. Wanted Garrett gone years ago when Kyle Shanahan was hired by the 49ers, Jerry didn't even consider that idea to let Garrett go. I wanted Rivera or the 49ers D coordinator over McCarthy but no, this front office is just dumb. Never liked the hiring of Nolan and now look what they got. There has been solutions but Jerry always chooses the busy buddy solution. It doesn't take GM to figure out the better choices.
So are you saying you’re a professionally developed and qualified candidate to be a GM of an NFL franchise?

Or are you saying that Jerry Jones isn’t?

Or both?

When you say “it doesn’t take a GM to figure out the better choices”, are you saying the GM position isn’t necessary because running an NFL franchise is so easy?

What’s a “busy buddy solution”?

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
So are you saying you’re a professionally developed and qualified candidate to be a GM of an NFL franchise?

Or are you saying that Jerry Jones isn’t?

Or both?
I'm saying Jerry may be a numbers guy but his ability to evaluate talent is not that great. Even fans including myself on this board have better ideas than Jerry. Just because Jerry is a GM doesn't mean he earned the job. He took the job because he had the money to buy the team. He used the golden rule of who has the money makes the rules.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
I'm saying Jerry may be a numbers guy but his ability to evaluate talent is not that great. Even fans including myself on this board have better ideas than Jerry. Just because Jerry is a GM doesn't mean he earned the job. He took the job because he had the money to buy the team. He used the golden rule of who has the money makes the rules.

Ok. So you don’t think he’s qualified.

Fine.

Do you think you’re qualified?

When you say “it doesn’t take a GM to figure out the better choices”, are you saying the GM position isn’t necessary because running an NFL franchise is so easy?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Ok. So you don’t think he’s qualified.

Fine.

Do you think you’re qualified?

Of course the GM job is necessary. It's not an easy job especially for guys like Jerry as evidence by all his head scratching decisions.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This front office is always late figuring things out or even trying to get things straightened out. I wanted Romo traded with Draft picks to get the rights to draft Andrew Luck. The colts probably wouldn't of bitten on that but if you offer enough it might of worked. The Cowboys didn't even sniff that idea. Wanted Garrett gone years ago when Kyle Shanahan was hired by the 49ers, Jerry didn't even consider that idea to let Garrett go. I wanted Rivera or the 49ers D coordinator over McCarthy but no, this front office is just dumb. Never liked the hiring of Nolan and now look what they got. There has been solutions but Jerry always chooses the buddy buddy solution. It doesn't take GM to figure out the better choices.

You didn't really offer solutions with the included accountability.

We can present ideas...SURE! But we have to know that's all we're doing. They aren't guarantees...we have no way of knowing they were solutions that solved anything.

Many people think there's only one guy that needs removed to solve it. :cool:

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

They do it almost every year. They become enamored with "their guys" and convince themselves that they're close (whatever the heck that actually means) to a Super Bowl.

That roster is so good just about anyone could coach it. We'll leave the offense the same, change the defense, and start planning the victory parade.

It seems they'll never learn from past mistakes. They simply repeat them.