Let me get this straight

HungryLion

Reaction score
I want Nolan fired.

If that happens though. What’s wrong with giving McCarthy a chance to build his own team in his vision?

I honestly don’t see the problem with that.

I also think, and I am guilty of it. That a lot of us overvalued how much talent is really on the roster, at least defensively.

The offense has more than enough talent without a crazy level of OL injuries. The offense is going to be fine.

It’s really just the defense that needs to be rebuilt. Let’s be real.

basel90

Reaction score
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

McCarthy never should have been given a five year deal...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

Go find a young coach that can make this team his.

Not some fat has been as HC, and some never WAS as DC.

Start over Jerry. Admit it. You failed. Again.

MM certainly looks lost , and this hire has failed miserably. I don’t see the authority in MM . I hope we are wrong about him , but the optics are terrible . Plus the fact he brought Nolan because he is his buddy is troubling . My fear is that MM is not a good coach and that he lucked into Aaron Rodgers , which explains the wins and the Super Bowl . Plus let’s not forget , the Green Bay packers have fantastic team management since the mid 90s . MM did not build it . Fans deserve better after the Garrett decade of mediocrity. Jerry will need to swallow this 20 million remaining on the MM contract and move on . Not sure when he will pull the trigger .

jgboys1

Reaction score
Seven games, no preseason, fire McCarthy! o_O

I know, it boggles my mind. I think the talent is grossly overrated on this team. We arguably have the worst offensive line in football and a way below average defense. A bad defense can only bail out a 3 and out offensive for so long. Special teams are pretty crappy too.

This team needs to be blown up now. Get rid of every one you can, tank the season and hope we wind up with the 1st or 2nd pick so we can draft a QB with that pick. We will save cap space for 4 season with a good rookie QB, and by then hopefully we will know what we have in him and he should have a better team around him.

Don’t want to be giving Dak big money either with this train wreck of a roster. We will need that money to spread it around to different positions. Giving Dak 40 million a year will come back and bite us in the *** for a long time to come. Jerry loves handing out bad contracts.

That’s my 2-cents anyway.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Yeah this isn't how the world works, my friend

Billionaires don't just dump dozens of millions every chance they get
Umm..signing bonuses for Gerald McCoy and HaHa Clinton-Dix?

We can only wish he'd recognize and move on from coaching hire mistakes that quickly.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Well that's a problem. Jerry doesn't like to eat coaching contracts.

Based on what we've seen, there's just no reason to keep McCarthy next year. Big problems on defense. His DC. And MM has to take some responsibility as HC for the pack of effort.

But, 5 year contract means he's not going away. Sad.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Well that's a problem. Jerry doesn't like to eat coaching contracts.

Based on what we've seen, there's just no reason to keep McCarthy next year. Big problems on defense. His DC. And MM has to take some responsibility as HC for the pack of effort.

But, 5 year contract means he's not going away. Sad.
Agreed. As if he would have turned down the job on a three year offer.

Its Jerry ego....I cant be wrong.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We brought in a coach with experience and a SB win in order to maximize the potential of a roster that was "talented," but needed better coaching to get over the top.

That coach is allowed to bring in a DC that runs a scheme that nearly none of the players like or can handle....

Now we are going into rebuild mode....with those SAME coaches..... mostly because the owners dont find it to be good business to eat coaches contracts.

Ok, I get it. Should all work out, and I guess we can start over in three more years after they realize...

And that they should have recognized the disaster right away, and not sat in denial yet again.

It amazes me how eating several million for dudes like Clinton Dix and McCoy are fine, but you want to stick with coaches that obviously arent the answer because of money.....and THATS the reason....dont let Jerry lie to you...

Get your fact str8!
We brought in another YES man who happens to really SUCK at his job along with his bud Mr.Nolan!
We bought another bag of goods from Jerry(Happens every year) that this team has the talent to compete!
Another year another fox hole to hide in.
Ain't nothing changing but the weather!

JBS

Reaction score
Umm..signing bonuses for Gerald McCoy and HaHa Clinton-Dix?

We can only wish he'd recognize and move on from coaching hire mistakes that quickly.

You can add up Mccoy and haha money and multiply that x probably 10 to come up with the amount this staff costs..probably more

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
You can add up Mccoy (3.5M) and haha (2M) money and multiply that x probably 10 to come up with the amount this staff costs..probably more
You think the staff costs $52.5 M?

(3.5M +2M) x 10 ?

Are you counting the salaries the Jones family members "earn"?

JBS

Reaction score
You think the staff costs $52.5 M?

(3.5M +2M) x 10 ?

Are you counting the salaries the Jones family members "earn"?

I don't understand your second question..mccarthy by himself probably has a 5 year deal worth 5-6 mil minimum..that's 25-30m by himself

fivetwos

Reaction score
Get your fact str8!
We brought in another YES man who happens to really SUCK at his job along with his bud Mr.Nolan!
We bought another bag of goods from Jerry(Happens every year) that this team has the talent to compete!
Another year another fox hole to hide in.
Ain't nothing changing but the weather!
Aight man.

All cool. Hear ya.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
I agree with everything you're saying except one part. We as fans, me included, have to stop referring to Jerry's ego as the problem. We as fans, me included, have to stop looking at the Cowboys as rational people. Jerry doesn't have a big ego. Jerry is mentally ill. Jerry is a narcissistic person who is toxic to be around. He's only going to be bring in people that he can control and that will tolerate his narcissism. If you want an example of his mentally disabled, narcissistic, toxic behavior look no further than this morning's interview. Robert Kraft is not acting like that and he's being served humble pie as well with the situation up in NE. You don't see stuff like that happening with Kraft or any other owners during down years. Jerry is dysfunctional, narcissistic and toxic and our team is the same way.
I've believed this to be true about Jerry since 2009. From 1994-2008 I thought the Cowboys misfortunes were the results of the regular ups and downs of the NFL, but after the 2008 season it became clear that Jerry was the muriatic acid in the koolaid all along.

BBGTYCOON

Reaction score
Miss me Yet?

IrML0QV.jpg
IrML0QV.jpg
NO!!!!!!!!!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

McCarthy was a good coach in Green Bay. He didn't take that may risky chances there. I think when he and Jones talked during his interview Jones may have said that he thought Garrett was to conservative so this season McCarthy has taken some risks and gone for in on 4th down that maybe he shouldn't have at least the two involving the punter. Yes Moore calls the plays but on those going for it on 4th down I'm sure McCarthy called those plays. I think McCarthy's biggest mistake was his choice as DC and then after selecting Nolan not telling him that without the normal off season and preseason games to not try to install his complicated convoluted defense and run a more basic defense that fits the players and allow them to utilize their strengths instead of making the players fit his defense.

I seriously doubt McCarthy gets fired unless he refuses to fire Nolan by the end of the season at the latest. The next DC will be a 4-3 man and scheme to fit the players instead of making the players fit his scheme like Nolan did.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I agree with everything you're saying except one part. We as fans, me included, have to stop referring to Jerry's ego as the problem. We as fans, me included, have to stop looking at the Cowboys as rational people. Jerry doesn't have a big ego. Jerry is mentally ill. Jerry is a narcissistic person who is toxic to be around. He's only going to be bring in people that he can control and that will tolerate his narcissism. If you want an example of his mentally disabled, narcissistic, toxic behavior look no further than this morning's interview. Robert Kraft is not acting like that and he's being served humble pie as well with the situation up in NE. You don't see stuff like that happening with Kraft or any other owners during down years. Jerry is dysfunctional, narcissistic and toxic and our team is the same way.

I'm not a big Jones fan but you nor anyone else can compare Jones to any other owner because Jones is the ONLY owner that is ALSO the GM. Wearing both hats he has to put up a positive upbeat front if for no other reason than to try to keep the team as upbeat as possible. If he went around publicly saying that the Cowboys are terrible and no hope the players will then stop playing completely. Now what he says publicly and what he tells the coaches and team privately could be and probably are two different things. All the players on a 1 year deal know that what they do last is what the other teams know the best so it's to their future benefit to play as hard as they can if they have any private thoughts of playing someplace else next year.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I understand the frustration but with a new HC, new DC, injuries to Dak, Smith, Martin, Collins, McCoy, LVE, etc, the complex defensive scheme, lack of offseason conditioning, lack of minicamps, and truncated training camp I believe that placing it on McCarthy is oversimplified scapegoating.

We need more information to truly place blame.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm not a big Jones fan but you nor anyone else can compare Jones to any other owner because Jones is the ONLY owner that is ALSO the GM. Wearing both hats he has to put up a positive upbeat front if for no other reason than to try to keep the team as upbeat as possible. If he went around publicly saying that the Cowboys are terrible and no hope the players will then stop playing completely. Now what he says publicly and what he tells the coaches and team privately could be and probably are two different things. All the players on a 1 year deal know that what they do last is what the other teams know the best so it's to their future benefit to play as hard as they can if they have any private thoughts of playing someplace else next year.
Why can't I compare him to any other owners? I don't understand your logic and you're really reaching for some straws here. Yes I can compare him to other owners because he is an owner. Just because the other owners do not GM their own teams and force themselves into the spotlight doesn't mean it's acceptable that Jerry does it. Let me as you a question. How many other GMs have their own radio shows and do interviews after games and give injury reports? How many GMs do that?

Regardless what hat Jerry is wearing he is a toxic narcissist that doesn't know how to run a team without Jimmy Johnson.

One more quick question for you. How many other owners, GMs or coaches tell an interviewer to shut up during an interview when asked about the team?

Jerry is toxic and it doesn't matter what label or class you want to put him in. Stop enabling.

plymkr

Reaction score
One more thing. Do you feel telling an interviewer to shut up is putting up a positive front for the public?