Let's be honest. Lance's play is better for Dak's contract demands than anything Dak could have done

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Obviously we don't know for certain what the Cowboys' real plan for Lance was in terms of their future. My take has always been they were hoping to catch lightning in a bottle a third time getting a franchise QB for next to nothing. Lance showed some things in this preseason but IMHO the thing he showed most was that he aint an NFL ready QB and that the Cowboys best chance of winning games this season is with Dak Prescott. Now as for what they thought of his performance in the context of beyond this year I can't say. But he would have had to have seriously lit it up this preseason for the Cowboys to have even seen him as a possible 2025 starter, let alone 2024.
Lance will never be a good option for any team and would be better suited in some professional flag football league. As for Prescott, he's not worth the amount of money he's demanding. Personally, I'm tired of watching this team beat up toads week in and week out and when this team goes up against a team that punches first, Prescott goes into some kind of funk and starts his post-game remarks with, "I have to play better" quote, but the problem with his lousy quote is he never gets better and sound like a broken, scratched up vinyl record after each butt whipp'in his team in handed because he goes MIA on the battle field. It's time to move on and find that QB who in young and hungry because the old and rich one we currently have is mediocre at best when the stakes get higher.

Brax

Reaction score
I generally don't even address this sort of puerile nonsense but I will pause here for a moment. I post all the time win or lose. If you missed my posts, and it's apparent you and some of my other stalkers do, it's your loss not mine.. Carry on.
Look at you with the big words, so first I missed all those post then I’m a stalker, a very bad one according to you, lol maybe it’s DD on your part, it’s all in fun, stop being so paranoid about a fan forum, carry on and enjoy the fun

FoxF

Reaction score
The OP was pointing out how GM Jerry was trying to leverage Lance to get a better deal out of the Dak camp and it failed.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
"Dak fans think the flyer they took on Lance somehow will magically make Jerry want to make the loser Dak the highest paid player ever." he types angrily, as he replies to his 18th thread of the day about the NFL quarterback who makes millions of dollars a year at the top of his craft that he disdains for not signing his helmet at training camp in 2017. After taking another deep drawl from his sippy cup, Mountaineer Cowboy begins to double down on his hatred of Dak while doing damage control on his Trey Lance predictions after a horrid preseason showing. Terrified that Dak will be signed and his entire self-worth that is based on his prediction of this being Dak's last season on an anonymous profile on a Cowboys message board will be non-existent, Mountaineer anxiously buttons up his McDonald's polo as he prepares to catch his bus to work. After arguing with his mother about how a forty year old who lives with his parents should at least pay some rent, Mountaineer reminds her that he would be working on Wall Street if not for that loser Dak Prescott!
Goodness…

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I'll be honest with you. I don't even remember Tony Banks.
Yeah well I do.. I also remember that Carter was supposed to be the 3rd QB that year because he was so raw coming out of college he was seen as a project. Tony Banks was the designated starter and I think Clint Stoerner or Anthony Wright were to be the backups. But Carter flashed some of that big time athleticism against future UPS drivers a couple of times and Jerry could not contain himself. He cut Banks and demanded that poor Dave Campo insert Carter into the starting lineup. Which he did.. but Carter pulled a hammie in the first game of that season and a couple of games. He pulled it again when he came back and then missed 5 games. When he came back he actually wasn't horrible and they were able to ride Emmitt to a couple of wins before thing kinda went off the rails.

I admit to thinking he had a chance to be decent based off that stretch but then they brought in Bruce Coslet as OC and Coslet made it his mission to turn Chad Hutchinson into a star and really screwed Carter over in the process. He had the two of them splitting first team reps in the middle of the season. As a result Carter never looked comfortable in the offense and as we would later learn the demons he was running from were strong and fast and that kinda crap made it easier for them to overtake him.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah well I do.. I also remember that Carter was supposed to be the 3rd QB that year because he was so raw coming out of college he was seen as a project. Tony Banks was the designated starter and I think Clint Stoerner or Anthony Wright were to be the backups. But Carter flashed some of that big time athleticism against future UPS drivers a couple of times and Jerry could not contain himself. He cut Banks and demanded that poor Dave Campo insert Carter into the starting lineup. Which he did.. but Carter pulled a hammie in the first game of that season and a couple of games. He pulled it again when he came back and then missed 5 games. When he came back he actually wasn't horrible and they were able to ride Emmitt to a couple of wins before thing kinda went off the rails.

I admit to thinking he had a chance to be decent based off that stretch but then they brought in Bruce Coslet as OC and Coslet made it his mission to turn Chad Hutchinson into a star and really screwed Carter over in the process. He had the two of them splitting first team reps in the middle of the season. As a result Carter never looked comfortable in the offense and as we would later learn the demons he was running from were strong and fast and that kinda crap made it easier for them to overtake him.
Any QB would work, huh, as long as they are not long haired Barbies.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is not an optomist one way or other. Jerry is a business man. he is always looking for opportunities to save money, make more cash and increase team value. football is secondary to Jerry.
Disagree that he's not an optimist. His optimism has caused many many issues for this franchise, and is often the root of our draft issues.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lance play in preseason has no impact on whether or not Dak gets signed. That's been predetermined before Lance took the field. Any GM that would consider preseason play by a QB to determine whether or not they resigned their franchise QB would have to be under 12 years old. I don't know of any GM that is that young or stupid.
Yes you do.

kskboys

Reaction score
Jerry is not an optomist one way or other. Jerry is a business man. he is always looking for opportunities to save money, make more cash and increase team value. football is secondary to Jerry.
Disagree that he's not an optimist. His optimism has caused many many issues for this franchise, and is often the root of poor drafting

Flamma

Reaction score

Are you talking about 2001? I have spotty memory of that time period because there are no good memories. I think it was year 2000 when I heard a radio host predict the Cowboys would go 0-16 after week 2. That's how bad they looked. I remember watching the last game of the season at work. When we lost to the Titans something like 95-0. I remember losing to an expansion team's first game ever. Was that 2002? Carter looked like garbage. Under Parcells I thought Carter was able to play within his capabilities. I remember that miracle win against the Giants on a 25 yard out that got us the tying FG. Was that 2003?

I get your point. Do you think Jerry hasn't learned anything since preseason of 2001?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Disagree that he's not an optimist. His optimism has caused many many issues for this franchise, and is often the root of our draft issues.
He talks a lot. His business.acumen is to generate hope and as a.businessman that's what he does, is to se hope and for that he has to act and speak positive. Does he think the team has a chance? Of course, minimally 1 out of 32. Jerry is first and foremost a businessman. As a.businessman he is a great salesman. As a salesman he has to act and apeak.positivity else he will hurt his business ess

Chasing6

Reaction score

I don't recall Emmitt playing in Dallas without Troy. Most likely blocked those years out.

kskboys

Reaction score
He talks a lot. His business.acumen is to generate hope and as a.businessman that's what he does, is to se hope and for that he has to act and speak positive. Does he think the team has a chance? Of course, minimally 1 out of 32. Jerry is first and foremost a businessman. As a.businessman he is a great salesman. As a salesman he has to act and apeak.positivity else he will hurt his business ess
Oh, he's a businessman first, no doubt. However, his optimism has cost us dearly many times. Made us draft Jaylon Smith.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
"Dak fans think the flyer they took on Lance somehow will magically make Jerry want to make the loser Dak the highest paid player ever." he types angrily, as he replies to his 18th thread of the day about the NFL quarterback who makes millions of dollars a year at the top of his craft that he disdains for not signing his helmet at training camp in 2017. After taking another deep drawl from his sippy cup, Mountaineer Cowboy begins to double down on his hatred of Dak while doing damage control on his Trey Lance predictions after a horrid preseason showing. Terrified that Dak will be signed and his entire self-worth that is based on his prediction of this being Dak's last season on an anonymous profile on a Cowboys message board will be non-existent, Mountaineer anxiously buttons up his McDonald's polo as he prepares to catch his bus to work. After arguing with his mother about how a forty year old who lives with his parents should at least pay some rent, Mountaineer reminds her that he would be working on Wall Street if not for that loser Dak Prescott!
I’m uncomfortable seeing Cowboys debates devolve to this level where personal attacks supplant a well-reasoned and well-presented ‘case’ for pro or con. I can only assume you are familiar with MountaineerCowboy and that he is cool with your shots at him.

Chasing6

Reaction score
1-12 is more like it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Oh, he's a businessman first, no doubt. However, his optimism has cost us dearly many times. Made us draft Jaylon Smith.
there is optimism. and there is stupidity. he also really wanted and considered manziel. he was just thinking, how many jersey's he can sell. Texas Mr. Football, Heisman Trophy winner and a Cowboys uniform....