Let's divide the Forum once and for all

cwbyfn88

Reaction score
and I do not mean it in a bad way.

What I mean is..it's mid-season and we know what is going on.

So what I want to know is..

Are you a fan of the team?

Or are you not?

Not whether you agree or not with ownership.

No other..issues in this thread.

Just yes..I am a fan thru thick and thin..

Or no..I am done supporting this team.

Period.

Let's see a show of hands.

This aught to be interesting.

Mostly because I expect answers all over the place except for answering the question.

Ready?
I'm a fan through it all. But it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything this team does.

waving monkey

Reaction score
:laugh:
So a 'fan' of the team and the jets in who ruined the team ?
Got it

And please don't come back with the ignorant reply that this is the most valuable sports franchise because FANS should not care about franchise value, they should care about winning and losing and championships
Sorry Vis you dont get to tell me how I enjoy the game
It's not black and white I like JJones as a man period I see he has blind spots as a GM.
You are free to see the world as you wish

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Or are you not?

Period.

Mostly because I expect answers all over the place except for answering the question.

Ready?
Answer: I am a fan through thick and thin.

Congratulations for logically constructing an OP guaranteed to produce "...answers all over the place except for answering the question." :muttley:

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Bingo, I think we're cut from the same cloth, I coach for a long time too, over 20 years. I too know how hard it is to win. Garrett isn't great, but a lot of the grief that man takes here is comical
I think we should divide the posts. Just sayin.

visionary

Reaction score
Sorry Vis you dont get to tell me how I enjoy the game
It's not black and white I like JJones as a man period I see he has blind spots as a GM.
You are free to see the world as you wish

You "like Jerry as a man"?

So I presume you and he have been close friends for several years? Can you tell me how long you have known him personally?

:lmao::popcorn:

Thx

irishline

Reaction score
I use to laugh at my uncle for being a Cub fan. But he was loyal through and through...

Now I fear I am living that dream (or nightmare if you would rather). However, I will always be a fan...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have been a fan longer than many here have been alive and longer than the internet and message boards. I like hearing others opinions but never put much into it, I'm a fan because I choose to be not because how someone else thinks or feels.

eastsideboy

Reaction score

Or are you not?

Period.

Ready?

Or are you not?

Period.

Ready?
fans are like women they talk the talk but can't walk the walk they say they're done but you don't see him walking down the road

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Any attempt to define the qualities of “a good fan” through some litmus test is a fool’s errand. If someone says they’re a Cowboys fan and care enough to post here, they have my respect, regardless of whether or not I agree or disagree with their opinions.

We have cheerleaders, realists, glass half full and half empty fans here. As long as they love the Cowboys, that’s good enough for me.

A real “forum” in its truest form is a place for a variety of opinions. The last thing we need around here is for everyone to be in lock step agreement with football opinions.

Public please ........agree 1000%. EVERY fan is entitled to their OWN opinion, not what some posters/fan want to hear. Amazing how some fans/poster get personal ( name calling ) if you don't agree with their opinion.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have been a fan longer than many here have been alive and longer than the internet and message boards. I like hearing others opinions but never put much into it, I'm a fan because I choose to be not because how someone else thinks or feels.

Exactly........learned quite a bit keeping an open mind.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Huge fan here. I’m the guy that criticizes Garrett and Dak all week long and thinks someone else needs to be in their jobs for Dallas to succeed. But as soon as that ball kicks off I’m rooting for DP and JG as hard as I can. I don’t root for us to lose but that doesn’t mean I don’t think that might be what’s best for the franchise.

I honestly believe this fits the bill for most fans ........which is why I take their criticism of Garrett, Dak and/or Jerry with a grain of salt.

JustChip

Reaction score
You could be a fan and be either no.1 or no.2. A fan is a fan.
You just think your perception of reality is the only correct one.

Very well said. The fact that the poster you replied to made the fan question a quantum debate is wrong.

I've been a fan for over 50 years and, through that time, have learned to be objective. I look at situations not in the vein of what the end result was, but what was the thought process given the conditions at the time that led to the decision and what decision would I have made. The end result doesn't mean the decision was wrong, just that it didn't work for whatever reason.

I've debated with numerous people some of the supposed "stupid" decisions that Garrett has made such as "freezing his own kicker" and time management, often taking the position counter to the general consensus. Frankly, I believe that makes me someone that thinks for himself (#2 in the poster's fan description) rather than have to have some talking head or emotionally driven pack influence me. Doesn't mean I'm right and those are wrong. But neither because the pack mentality is counter to what I think am I wrong and they're right. I do give weight to selected individual's views that may not align with mine based on their experience (e.g., @Ranching because he coached). But in the poster's view of the fan world, that means I'm a moron.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a fan but not as serious about it as I used to be. Whether they win or lose does not have any effect on my life. Not even during the game.

I made the conscious decision a while back that if I was going to stay a fan of this team, I had to separate the team on the field from the organization off the field, which includes all of the hype and media silliness about this team. I do not watch any pc's and the only stupid things I know the owner says are repeated here.

Other than discussing the team on this forum, they do not exist for me except on game day. But, I am the same way about the NFL, no longer passionate about the game because the game turned into a show. For me, it's "too much of a good thing". If I ate my favorite food everyday, it would no longer be my favorite.

Maybe if they get a new coaching staff, I might get a fire rekindled but I've learned not to expect too much out of this team and they've seldom let me down.