Let's divide the Forum once and for all

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No offense to the OP, but this is kinda silly. Of course we are all fans!!! Otherwise, none of us would be here!! o_O
Not necessarily, I am more a fan of this forum than I am of this team. If this didn't exist, I am not sure I would even be a fan any longer.

And my declining fanhood has nothing to do with the team's record. They've never had to win to keep me. It's all the ancillary crap around the team that has disconnected with me. The suspensions, actually taking risks on high risk players with low character and the flaunting in the face of the fans that he owns it and will run it the way he wants but really loves the fans. What a totally phony awesome person.

But the breaking point for me and the reason for my borderline ambivalence came down to 2016. I was neither a Romorooter or lover but the man sacrificed body parts and had to be restrained from going back into games. He not only didn't get the necessary help up front that he needed but the idiotic owner commented about him being the only one that could played behind the 5 Matadors. They knew they were putting him at risk.

All the man wanted was the chance to compete for his old job with a better OL and RB than he'd ever had. Not be given the job back but just be allowed to compete for it. They denied him because they knew he would have won it back and they wouldn't have this cool new dynamic duo to sell to the media. It is not a football team, it is a reality show with a really ugly awesome person of a host.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not necessarily, I am more a fan of this forum than I am of this team. If this didn't exist, I am not sure I would even be a fan any longer.

And my declining fanhood has nothing to do with the team's record. They've never had to win to keep me. It's all the ancillary crap around the team that has disconnected with me. The suspensions, actually taking risks on high risk players with low character and the flaunting in the face of the fans that he owns it and will run it the way he wants but really loves the fans. What a totally phony awesome person.

But the breaking point for me and the reason for my borderline ambivalence came down to 2016. I was neither a Romorooter or lover but the man sacrificed body parts and had to be restrained from going back into games. He not only didn't get the necessary help up front that he needed but the idiotic owner commented about him being the only one that could played behind the 5 Matadors. They knew they were putting him at risk.

All the man wanted was the chance to compete for his old job with a better OL and RB than he'd ever had. Not be given the job back but just be allowed to compete for it. They denied him because they knew he would have won it back and they wouldn't have this cool new dynamic duo to sell to the media. It is not a football team, it is a reality show with a really ugly awesome person of a host.
I understand where you're coming from.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is what happens when the hits the fan.
I think it really hits it in ATL as some have convinced themselves the team has turned it around. They have not faced an offense like this one.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
and I do not mean it in a bad way.

What I mean is..it's mid-season and we know what is going on.

So what I want to know is..

Are you a fan of the team?

Or are you not?

Not whether you agree or not with ownership.

No other..issues in this thread.

Just yes..I am a fan thru thick and thin..

Or no..I am done supporting this team.

Period.

Let's see a show of hands.

This aught to be interesting.

Mostly because I expect answers all over the place except for answering the question.

Ready?
I always...

Considered myself a true Cowboys fan.

But after this post, and thread I'm beginning to wonder....

Am I confused?

What brought me to this team? Why did I find this forum? How did I come across this thread?

Who am I, what's the meaning of life, is the world really flat and what the heck does Tom Landry have to do with it??!?!?

Why does..

Any adult type like this?!?!

Thanks for the existential crisis, like a true Cowboys fan....

:huh:

Kinski

Reaction score
I am a fan. I have been one since 1962. The only time I have missed televised games is when I was in sunny Vietnam for a year. I watched horrible football with Eddie Lebaron at QB and everything from brilliant to awful since. I am a fan and will continue to be so. Dak really tries my patience. Be good or be bad, the in between 8-8 is a killer for the soul.
Kinski

kumizi

Reaction score
I was raised in Dallas and still live here. I have no choice but to root for the local teams. Believe me I wouldn’t pick the Cowboys by choice.

ShortRound

Reaction score
Always a fan, and I give Garrett grief, but i hope he succeeds. I truly do,
Even though I think he's made some dumb mistakes the last few years.

I hope Dak succeeds. I wish we win the super bowl every year.

But I root for the Cowboys as a team, not one individual, player or coach is bigger than the team.

Sully

Reaction score
Dallas fan since '77 (age 7) and while growing up in Cheesehead Land

BTW: #2 please

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a fan through it all. But it doesn't mean I have to agree with everything this team does.

I'm afraid that's not acceptable with some posters. Either you stay angry at all times and blame Garrett/Jones/Linehan (take your pick - or include them all!) for everything from play calling to personnel to the color of paint on the wall to the material the team's socks are made from to the brand of sanitary cakes in the men's urinals, or you are a Garrett/Jones/Linehan "Lover" who thinks the team does no wrong and who is happy with 20+ years of mediocrity.

Sorry, no middle ground allowed.

waving monkey

Reaction score
So I'm confused
How can you "like him as a man" if you don't know him personally?

Vis this is pretty simple; you can over a period of time develop responses to people without meeting them.
It happens in politics,movies, through many types of media.
I've read as many here have reports of JJones good deeds behind the scenes.
I like his odd syntax when in front of the camera.
I think his a good human being.
All of that I keep separate from the Cowboys. Some can not.
Some hate him because of the team.
I dont hate a man because of his short comings. I look at myself and thank god I have any friends at all.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
make your own original post dont tell the OP to change his question to suit your philosophy..this is the very thing he wanted to avoid..dude dont troll

He didn't wamt to avoid it. He asked a dumb wuestion knowing people would call him on it. Don't be naive.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Any attempt to define the qualities of “a good fan” through some litmus test is a fool’s errand. If someone says they’re a Cowboys fan and care enough to post here, they have my respect, regardless of whether or not I agree or disagree with their opinions.

We have cheerleaders, realists, glass half full and half empty fans here. As long as they love the Cowboys, that’s good enough for me.

A real “forum” in its truest form is a place for a variety of opinions. The last thing we need around here is for everyone to be in lock step agreement with football opinions.

I respectfully disagree, one has to be a drunk, and uhh, uhh, uhh...:huh:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I am such a fan , that i feel disappointed that with this coaching staff we will go no where .

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Been a fan since i was knee high to a grasshopper. Grew up watching the Boys and will die watching the boys
Thanx for playing along.

Correct response.

I want people to understand it's one thing to complain and vent.

It's another thing to be a true fan and to support the players if not the owners.

Some people get it confused.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I am a fan only of the Dallas Cowboys and no other team in any sport. I have lost lots of interest in the NFL as a whole over the last few years, Goodell and society issues are mostly to blame. I don't enjoy playing Madden anymore and I rarely watch other games. And the state of our current team reminds me of the early 2000s except we have better players so it's even more frustrating than before.

I'm simply sick of JG and wasting careers of players who could've done more. I used to defend Jerry because I felt he was always the good guy getting all the blame, but now I'm starting to blame him for keeping certain coaches and players around when they should be gone. Back to back 12-4 seasons with 2+ playoff wins each season would be a nice change for once, but it just feels like wasted time and potential and I'm tired of seeing the same mistakes and excuses. Tired of hearing the same puppet response from Garrett and certain players despite seeing no change for better. Even getting new coaches would have me ecstatic for at least the two following seasons. Heck, I haven't bought Cowboys merchandise in over two years and I used to make it a thing to get at least one jersey and hat a year and a new jacket every other year.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
and I do not mean it in a bad way.

What I mean is..it's mid-season and we know what is going on.

So what I want to know is..

Are you a fan of the team?

Or are you not?

Not whether you agree or not with ownership.

No other..issues in this thread.

Just yes..I am a fan thru thick and thin..

Or no..I am done supporting this team.

Period.

Let's see a show of hands.

This aught to be interesting.

Mostly because I expect answers all over the place except for answering the question.

Ready?
Think & thin dude. I've always been that way and that will go to the grave with me one day.

:popcorn: