Lets do a Comparison

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well scooter his numbers tell a different story

This aint Madden bro, sometimes you have to put the stat sheet down and watch the players on the field.

What your pretty little stat sheet doesn't show is how many times opposing QBs will not even throw the ball in an area if ET is there. That aint never happened to Byron Jones. Things like that are not listed on a stat sheet.

Do you seriously think any team in the league would take Bryon Jones at FS over Earl Thomas if they could have either one tomorrow?

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
This aint Madden bro, sometimes you have to put the stat sheet down and watch the players on the field.

What your pretty little stat sheet doesn't show is how many times opposing QBs will not even throw the ball in an area if ET is there. That aint never happened to Byron Jones. Things like that are not listed on a stat sheet.

Do you seriously think any team in the league would take Bryon Jones at FS over Earl Thomas if they could have either one tomorrow?
I like your cute sayings look at the numbers the stats as you said this aint Madden Raiders need fans

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Lots of folks seem to be stuck on the idea that we NEED Earl Thomas. He sees to be the greatest player in the NFL. Lets check some stats and compare him to Byron Jones over the last 3 years.

Thomas- 200 Tackles (125 solo), 26 pass deflected, 9 ints (2 in each of the last 2 season) and 1 TD.

Jones- 236 tackles (177 solo), 24 pass deflected, 2 ints and 1 TD.

outside of the ints not much of a difference, Thomas wins the int catagory and the PD catagory (by 2) while Jones wins out on the tackles and solo tackles. They both have 1 TD in the same 3 year span.

Jones is moving back to corner I get that but Thomas is not going to solve our problems. You want a safety, us the pick to move up in the draft and get ones that will be here for the next 5 years and not break the bank!

Yes but Byron is now a CB apparently so we're down a safety :). We could use a grizzled old vet to keep the youngins in line

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lots of folks seem to be stuck on the idea that we NEED Earl Thomas. He sees to be the greatest player in the NFL. Lets check some stats and compare him to Byron Jones over the last 3 years.

Thomas- 200 Tackles (125 solo), 26 pass deflected, 9 ints (2 in each of the last 2 season) and 1 TD.

Jones- 236 tackles (177 solo), 24 pass deflected, 2 ints and 1 TD.

outside of the ints not much of a difference, Thomas wins the int catagory and the PD catagory (by 2) while Jones wins out on the tackles and solo tackles. They both have 1 TD in the same 3 year span.

Jones is moving back to corner I get that but Thomas is not going to solve our problems. You want a safety, us the pick to move up in the draft and get ones that will be here for the next 5 years and not break the bank!
My feelings exactly! Thomas ints the last five years are 2,2,5,1,5 . I feel that Dallas would be getting the two int Thomas who has been injured and also wants 12 mil a season next year. You have to remember that Seattle had a very good overall defense that helped Thomas just sit back there and play left field.

John813

Reaction score
Jeez, I'm not a fan of giving away picks for ET, but there is no comparison.

Hell, our new DB coach moved Jones to CB day 1 lol

zerofill

Reaction score
Hell, our new DB coach moved Jones to CB day 1 lol

That was common sense though... he is a CB. His ability to play multiple positions has been abused both in the NFL and College. He was always forced to be a jack of all trades, versus excelling at CB. Which I think he can definitely do. There is no doubt of his athletic gifts, or that he is intelligent. He was just never utilized right in my opinion.

I personally like Heath and Woods at safety as well.

zerofill

Reaction score

Sorry gp.... I just added it up and it was 2.3697642 to be precise...
spock.png