Let's Recap The Dak Situation So Far

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
How many fans, that criticise Dak, do you think are making their judgement because they like Romo?
I'd say the majority of us say it was time to move on from BOTH. They both showed they didn't have what it took to come through the play-offs.
I agree with a disclaimer that both are/were severly hamstrung by the FO of the franchise they played/play for...but you cant argue with the results and say either was sucessfull in the playoffs.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is no situation. Dak is currently under contract. Stephen has said he will reach out o Daks team in camp to negotiate an extention. Anything else is 100% speculative.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
There is no situation. Dak is currently under contract. Stephen has said he will reach out o Daks team in camp to negotiate an extention. Anything else is 100% speculative.
ooh i have no doubt that if Dak goes to FA that was his choice, the Jones will try and extend him.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
The endless Dak bashing, it’s practically an Olympic sport at this point! Here's a wild idea, for everyone. How about we just grab some popcorn, chill out, and actually see what happens? Let's give the crystal balls a rest and enjoy the show in real-time, instead of speculating in the most classically overdone way possible.

freemanjc19

Reaction score
The same thing I do now.

Talk about how much he sucks.
Once Dak extends with the Cowboys, why not celebrate by jetting off to Caracas, Venezuela, or San Pedro Sula, Honduras? I mean, after you land, the Dallas Cowboys will be the least of your concerns!

Sandyf

Reaction score
If the Cowboys really are going to draft a QB in the first round, who would be left of substance that late in the first round?

Perhaps, if the Raiders are truly interested in Dak, maybe they give up their first if Jerry agrees to pay much of that contract, and then Dallas packages both of their firsts to move up high to get a QB.

That's risky because there's no guarantee any of those guys will pan out.

And all that seems like a pipe dream.
All the Raiders would be responsible would be Dak's 2024 salary of $21 million, Dallas is responsible for the rest. But Dak isn't going to agree to a trade unless there is an extension deal in place with Raiders. Dallas would take a cap hit of $66,270,294.00 if he us traded.

Motorola

Reaction score
The endless Dak bashing, it’s practically an Olympic sport at this point! Here's a wild idea, for everyone. How about we just grab some popcorn, chill out, and actually see what happens? Let's give the crystal balls a rest and enjoy the show in real-time, instead of speculating in the most classically overdone way possible.
That's not going to happen.
Currently the top four threads - including this one - are about Cowboys QB1.
They will go on and on, with CZers continuing to pontificate and speechify about all matters pertaining to his immediate NFL future.
In addition, there will some other members that create threads about the same subject- but present it in a way they think will be a new angle or bring for some information or insight they feel hasn't been covered and discussed.
The only to truly avoid seeing them on page 1 of the Fan Zone -
tune out until April 25th- Day 1 of the draft.
Most veryone's focus will shift over, thus draft threads will begin to move them out.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How often has a starting player, any starting player, who had a rookie contract and extension, accepted lower compensation during their third contract negotiation with their same team? And why would it be considered logical that Prescott will take less money from Jones in a new extension if the number of examples are small or close to none? If it is typical for a starter to not get an even larger payday the third time around, why is it expected that Prescott will accept a 'discount'?

I mean. There is a reason why starters usually end up going to another team for those third largest paydays. Right? That said, I am still not convinced Jones will not accept those terms that would keep Prescott in Dallas if he wanted to stay, lol.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dak being traded to Las Vegas is pure fantasy. I would love to see it, but it's not happening.

Extending Dak has gone from an almost certainty to a toss up situation though. Dallas was planning to extend him when they did all those restructurings, but their thinking has changed. Management saw what happened against Green Bay, and finally realized what has been apparent for so long. Dallas fielded a very strong roster in that game, and JJ & co. are bitterly disappointed. That was a rare opportunity squandered.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dak being traded to Las Vegas is pure fantasy. I would love to see it, but it's not happening.

Extending Dak has gone from an almost certainty to a toss up situation though. Dallas was planning to extend him when they did all those restructurings, but their thinking has changed. Management saw what happened against Green Bay, and finally realized what has been apparent for so long. Dallas fielded a very strong roster in that game, and JJ & co. are bitterly disappointed. That was a rare opportunity squandered.
If this is so how do they pay top money to any of the players in that game? If they felt like they fielded a good team and that team LITERALLY got run off the field in the first half..why is the coach back 1st and why would any of those same players be getting "Bags of money" as CD and Micah said on the podcast 3 weeks after that no show game?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Jerry Jones has a pattern of squandering similar situations. At least this time he was not influenced by the mass team chemistry euphoria that enveloped a number of fans and media alike.

Motorola

Reaction score
All the Raiders would be responsible would be Dak's 2024 salary of $21 million, Dallas is responsible for the rest. But Dak isn't going to agree to a trade unless there is an extension deal in place with Raiders. Dallas would take a cap hit of $66,270,294.00 if he us traded.
Raiders signed on Gardner Minshew last month (2-years, $25M, $15M guaranteed) to compete with incumbent Aidan O'Connell for QB1. Plus, GM Tom Telesco and HC Antonio Pierce haven't totally ruled out drafting a QB.
The new duo over in Vegas is not going to do an about-face, and take on the likely lucrative contract Prescott would want - in addition to forking over high draft capital the Cowboys would certainly request.

Flamma

Reaction score
5. Then the news of Dak and Dallas agreeing to play out his last year comes out further showing that things seem to be reaching a divorce point.
Forgive me as I must have just crawled out from under a rock. Was this actually confirmed? He'll play out his final year?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Forgive me as I must have just crawled out from under a rock. Was this actually confirmed? He'll play out his final year?
"NFL Network reported Tuesday that both sides have a mutual understanding that there will be no adjustment to his contract entering the 2024 season."

Also, them doing the restructuring to save 5 million instead of the extension to save 25 million was more proof.

Why worry about a measly 5 million saving if your end goal is resigning him?

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
I watched NFL Live on ESPN yesterday and they were saying even though Dak isn't very good in the playoffs he still has a good regular season record. All I could think of was Cooper Rush was 3-1 when Dak got hurt. Just think of the players they could sign.
You can't be serious. Look up his numbers.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I watched NFL Live on ESPN yesterday and they were saying even though Dak isn't very good in the playoffs he still has a good regular season record. All I could think of was Cooper Rush was 3-1 when Dak got hurt. Just think of the players they could sign.
Cooper Rush is 5-1.