Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Aikman is the hindsight, and until this team can win a SB Aikman remains the comparable standard that Dak must compete with, never Romo.
Ive always been confused when Dak is Compared to Romo as the standard of success, but that is a false comparison, Aikman has 3 rings, and until
another QB hits that mark with this team then it doesnt break Aikmans record,, it might be quite a few more QBS even after Dak to do that though, now, in this new era.
What if Mahomes finished his career with only one SB victory, would that be crazy?

Are you trying to use logic and reason....consistency? Here?

You are a brave man!

They use Romo because he's the easy target. Like water flowing downhill. Do NOT use the greats to compare being great. Use someone "good"...so you can prove your point.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
no, my reference to your limited window view was the continous pounding of 8-8 2019 season.....you are pretty well known for that line of logic around here....you probably mentioned 2019 8-8 like 134 times at least as your logic that Dak is average.......

Interesting seeing as how I pointed out all of Dak's career just now but no worries. Statistics have shown that the more pass attempts Dak has the worse the team record so there has to be a correlation but we all will see what we see.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Well there are 50 of them and you are a guy not in that position, on a message board trying to act smart. Your statement on top 5-7 could be right but many have him Top 10..still good. You saying people are dumb screams self esteem issues. Seriously there are good arguments on both sides and digging in makes you the fool, not those you’re calling out. Extremism is never the way. I like a lot of the things you post but your original one here is cringey because there are arguments. The guy could be top 3 this year but he could be 10. It’s the league.
There is no good argument that Dak isn't a top 5-7 QB.

To do that, you have to nitpick his game and then have blinders to the flaws that other quarterbacks have.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
most of them are clearly smarter than you
Oh good, another old guy telling me that anonymous sources cited in freaking Bleacher Report are smarter than me. Cool. You're totally right.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
HACK!! How many pics did he throw again?

Tom WON the SB...... without a defense, the rest of the offense, as you've been driveling on about.

You can't keep up with your own BS......keyboard hero.

I see you have some anger issues based on your name calling and reply. Regarding your question, Brady threw for 40 TD's and 12 INT's in 2020.....for the 2020 playoffs he threw 10 TD's and 3 INT's....for his career it's 581 TD's and 191 INT's.....so what's your point?

As for the Brady won the Super Bowl without a defense and the rest of the offense....thank you for countering the original post by Rockport in this thread who seems to think only Dak is responsible for the points per game average.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Aikman is the hindsight, and until this team can win a SB Aikman remains the comparable standard that Dak must compete with, never Romo.
Ive always been confused when Dak is Compared to Romo as the standard of success, but that is a false comparison, Aikman has 3 rings, and until
another QB hits that mark with this team then it doesnt break Aikmans record,, it might be quite a few more QBS even after Dak to do that though, now, in this new era.
What if Mahomes finished his career with only one SB victory, would that be crazy?
Id be willing to bet Mahomes doesnt win another one. His best chance to win another will be this season.

ICP

Reaction score
Considering the drubbing the Chiefs took from the Bucs 31-9 in this past Super Bowl I guess Mahomes is losing it...
If Mahomes was a Dallas Cowboy he would appear ok and not elite and likely been criticized by some for not being post season caliber. It takes a complete, exceptional team and coaching to get to, and win a Super Bowl.
Lol, there wasn't much Mahomes could have done to change anything in that game. Missing both starting tackles and facing a very good defense with a game plan that was pretty much executed to perfection

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
giphy-downsized-large.gif

I'm usually not a fan of the mpegs, gifs, memes, or whatever the hell they are called. But this one gave me a good laugh.

Well played my friend.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score

To do that, you have to nitpick his game and then have blinders to the flaws that other quarterbacks have.
rogers mahomes allen watson wilson jackson brady

we can maybe start having the discussion around 7-8. with dak herbert murray

And that is not GREAT. I would say you have to be at least top 5 to be in the great discussion.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak is just a tick above average

Worse though is that he is greedy and does not understand his limitations and therefore can’t overcome them

We’re stuck with him for a few years but I’ve tolerated Jerry for 30 years so I’m good
How is he greedy. He waited till his contractors over before he asked for another one I know someone else who didn’t do that and who’s performing less

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
rogers mahomes allen watson wilson jackson brady

we can maybe start having the discussion around 7-8. with dak herbert murray

And that is not GREAT. I would say you have to be at least top 5 to be in the great discussion.
Lol @ Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson being better than Dak.

jnday

Reaction score
For all of 2019 and the first 4 games of 2020 the Dak led offense has AVERAGED 31.45 points per game. That's great if not outstanding. Stop and think before you bring up the record which you haters always do. If an offense is averaging 31.45 pts per game and you're not winning, which side of the ball is to blame?

Stop it with the hater agenda driven non-sense.
How many of those points were scored when the game was out of reach during garbage time?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score

Oh good, another old guy telling me that anonymous sources cited in freaking Bleacher Report are smarter than me. Cool. You're totally right.

They were 50 league executives. They aren’t exactly polling “guys who think they are smart on a fan page.” From the above they got 9. It’s not nitpicking to say he wasn’t exactly great 2 of his years in the league and that he came up short vs top competition. As I’ve repeated, I’m a fan and think he has Top 3 in him but right now I’m not calling him auto top 5 or 7 based on games where he is throwing 40 times while we lose. Honestly I don’t think saying he’s Top 10 vs Top 7 is that atrocious where you take a stand like you’re so smart. It’s strange, very strange.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
They were 50 league executives. They aren’t exactly polling “guys who think they are smart on a fan page.” From the above they got 9. It’s not nitpicking to say he wasn’t exactly great 2 of his years in the league and that he came up short vs top competition. As I’ve repeated, I’m a fan and think he has Top 3 in him but right now I’m not calling him auto top 5 or 7 based on games where he is throwing 40 times while we lose. Honestly I don’t think saying he’s Top 10 vs Top 7 is that atrocious where you take a stand like you’re so smart. It’s strange
YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE POLLING. The term "executive" does not mean anything. It could be the coffee guy for all you know. And, executives are often idiots and are rarely great talent evaluators.

This doesn't matter because we aren't talking about 2018, we are talking about 2021.

So glad you brought up winning and losing, especially against top competition, so that we can confirm Dak is better than Deshaun Watson, who went 4-12 last year.

It is impossible to have Dak outside of that 5-7 group without contradicting yourself.

I don't really care about your take on my personality, so you can keep blabbering about it if you want, but it doesn't matter.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Both damn good QB's.
They are damn good quarterbacks. Everybody loves Patrick Mahomes he is so overrated. He had a great coach and a great team to support him. You won’t see him in the Big game again for a while. He never should’ve beat San Francisco. They should’ve run the ball. Mr. Hail Mary he is so blessed.