Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Simple comparison.

Romo - 7 years in top 10 in passer rating -2 of those in top 5, 1 as the leader.

Dak - 1 in top 5, 2 in top 10
Prescott is every bit as good as Romo. And the story hasn’t been written yet for Prescott. Can’t compare the two. As far as a career number. But right now game for game Prescott is better

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Ha! That's pretty funny. If only it were true, though. I keep getting comments deleted and I have no idea why.

And for the record, I'm a supporter of the site, not the Stalin / Kim Jong-un wanna-be's.
Yep, he has to be someone's brother or crazy uncle
Hey @Captain-Crash, looks like we have a not so secret admirer who follows us around.

Hey @Seven, if you never heard Prince's cover of Radiohead's Creep before, this is really cool:

He's on ignore, I got tired of his elementary school crying about my posts.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
YOU DON'T KNOW WHO THEY ARE POLLING. The term "executive" does not mean anything. It could be the coffee guy for all you know. And, executives are often idiots and are rarely great talent evaluators.

This doesn't matter because we aren't talking about 2018, we are talking about 2021.

So glad you brought up winning and losing, especially against top competition, so that we can confirm Dak is better than Deshaun Watson, who went 4-12 last year.

It is impossible to have Dak outside of that 5-7 group without contradicting yourself.

I don't really care about your take on my personality, so you can keep blabbering about it if you want, but it doesn't matter.

So to summarize you like to cherry pick when it suits your argument and you like making outrageous statements to make yourself feel better. Noted. Enjoy!

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
First of all. You have to understand what a winner is. This game starts before the game in the locker room. In my opinion Prescott is an absolute winner. I definitely believe he’s a top-five quarterback. It takes a total team to win this league. I totally believe he can repeat his rookie season. How many teams go to the Super Bowl playoffs and don’t return.You lose your team you lose players. Only the great ones like Brady. Continue

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So to summarize you like to cherry pick when it suits your argument and you like making outrageous statements to make yourself feel better. Noted. Enjoy!
Didn't cherry pick anything, didn't say anything outrageous.

BigD_95

Reaction score
For all of 2019 and the first 4 games of 2020 the Dak led offense has AVERAGED 31.45 points per game. That's great if not outstanding. Stop and think before you bring up the record which you haters always do. If an offense is averaging 31.45 pts per game and you're not winning, which side of the ball is to blame?

Stop it with the hater agenda driven non-sense.

that was also against 3 bad teams.

Im all in with Dak but doesnt he have to prove he is great before we actually call him great? Like win a super bowl. Troy Aikman was great - Rodger Staubach was great. Rome was a really good QB. Dak is proving he is a really good QB. Until he wins a Super Bowl he isnt great. I think Romo is a way better QB than Dak and I dont call Romo great.

foofighters

Reaction score
For all of 2019 and the first 4 games of 2020 the Dak led offense has AVERAGED 31.45 points per game. That's great if not outstanding. Stop and think before you bring up the record which you haters always do. If an offense is averaging 31.45 pts per game and you're not winning, which side of the ball is to blame?

Stop it with the hater agenda driven non-sense.
While I tend to agree with your paragraph, your last sentence is just the usual, "I am gonna tell you how to be fan because it triggers me otherwise..."

This fanbase is all over the place and needs someone to hate because of the lack of post-season success lately. My hater agenda driven non-sense is basically aimed at Jerry. So much so that I can't stand the site of him. It's mine. All mine. I agree that I probably blame him too much. But hey, at least I own it...

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Lol @ Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson being better than Dak.

How are they not better than Dak?

Josh Allen Stats & Records (43 games)

836 of 1,353 61.8% Comp % 9,707 Yards 67 TD's 31 INT's 7.2 YPA 90.4 QB Rating 11 GWD's 8 4QC's 300 Rushes 1,562 Yards 5.2 YPA 25 TD's 31 Fumbles

Regular Season 28 Wins 15 Losses .651 Win % Playoffs 2 Wins 2 Losses (1 Conference Championship appearance)

Lamar Jackson Stats & Record (37 games)

606 of 947 64% Comp % 7,085 Yards 68 TD's 18 INT's 7.5 YPA 102.6 QB Rating 4 GWD's 2 4QC's 482 Rushes 2,906 Yards 6 YPA 19 TD's 31 Fumbles

Regular Season 30 Wins 7 Losses .811 Win % Playoffs 1 Win 3 Losses

Dak Prescott Stats & Record (69 games)

1,514 of 2,293 66% Comp % 17,634 Yards 106 TD's 40 INT's 7.7 YPA 97.3 QB Rating 15 GWD's 9 4QC's 259 Rushes 1,314 Yards 5.1 YPA 24 TD's 34 Fumbles

Regular Season 42 Wins 27 Losses .609 Win % Playoffs 1 Win 2 Losses

Dak has played in more games yet BOTH Jackson and Allen have more playoff games and a higher regular season win %. While football is a team game, I personally would prefer to have either Jackson or Allen leading over Dak but then again that is simply my opinion.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
Ohhh, I'm doomed ! I tried to stay away from this Dak argument. Like a moth to a flame I can't. ****** !!!!!

Until Dak puts the team on his back and wills them toward victory without stumbling in the crunch time he can't, and I mean can't be considered "great".

I hold him to the standard of the 2 best field generals (not stat makers) I've ever seen. Our own Roger Staubach and the hated Joe Montana (I've despised him since "The Catch"). These two made their teams believe in them and that they WOULD win. When the chips were down these two were just Biadasz to the bone and scared other teams.

In today's crop of QB's I see only three that are close: AR, TB, and maybe Russell Wilson. The one thing that separates these QB's is that they instill CONFIDENCE in the team.

Now to Dak. He is a great team mate. He is a very good QB with a high level of desire. I've seen him get better through the years which is what one would want to see in their QB. But these other QB's I've mentioned won when they were rookies or near rookies (and by winning I mean Championships). Until this team (and us fans) see Dak snatch victory from the jaws of defeat WHEN THE PRESSURE IS ON then IMO he can't carry the "GREAT" label.

I'm glad he's my QB, I'm glad they got him signed. I wish his deal was more team friendly but I blame the agent and not Dak. I think he's a good team captain and a great clubhouse presence. He's got to prove more to earn the title of great. Stats like PPG ain't the measuring stick nor any other stats ! Whether Dak is #4 on your list or #10 doesn't really matter. (I put him at 5-7 and would easily be top 3 with a championship)

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
that was also against 3 bad teams.

Im all in with Dak but doesnt he have to prove he is great before we actually call him great? Like win a super bowl. Troy Aikman was great - Rodger Staubach was great. Rome was a really good QB. Dak is proving he is a really good QB. Until he wins a Super Bowl he isnt great. I think Romo is a way better QB than Dak and I dont call Romo great.
He's already proved he's great. That's why he got a 4 yr $160 mil contract.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i don't think these threads ever work. more of a troll to get people arguing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Prescott is every bit as good as Romo. And the story hasn’t been written yet for Prescott. Can’t compare the two. As far as a career number. But right now game for game Prescott is better

Romo is far more skilled than Prescott.

Prescott plays to not screw things up for those around him.

Romo played to try and carry a team with all types of problems for most of his career.

Romo elevated guys.. Guys elevate Dak.