Let's stop the Dak is not great non-sense

Swagger

Reaction score
I like the people who say that Dak isn't great. It makes it easy to know who has any credibility and who doesn't.

Stating that Dak is anything other than a top 5-7 QB in the NFL right now is a good way to tell me that you don't know what you're talking about, and don't have an opinion that matters.
So you don't respect anyone's opinion if they have the following quarterbacks ahead of Prescott heading in to next season?

Mahomes - arguably the top QB heading into next season.
Rodgers - one of the all time greats.
Brady - goat.
Wilson - Future Hall of Famer. Still producing the goods.
Allen - won 2 play off games with an average o line. Carried the team vs the Colts. In the mvp conversation last season.
Jackson - former mvp. Yes throwing limitations but never had an elite weapon or amazing oline.
Watson - carried a bad, poorly coached team without much talent. I'm not as high on him as some others but I don't think it's outrageous if people rate him higher than Prescott.

The above doesn't seem an unrealistic list of quarterbacks to have ahead of Prescott heading into next season and that doesn't even include Herbert who is a QB with huge scope next season.

People will downgrade Allen but he hasn't had the o line Prescott has had during his career and Allen only had a quality weapon last season in Diggs and showed what he could do. Also, his performance vs the Colts in the Play Offs was fantastic. Imo only Rodgers and Mahomes would have also won that game, Wilson may be as well. Mobility was key in addition to executing key throws when it mattered. I haven't seen Prescott perform to that level and win a game of that magnitude.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is just like the original post in this thread using only 21 games of Dak's career (2019-2020) to create a narrative while excluding 2016-2018 and crediting Dak for the points per game while ignoring the rest of the offense.
its 21 games against the rest of NFL...that's not vaccum, perhaps you dont' understand the concept of a vaccum.

in a better context....31.4 ranks 2nd in 2020 and 2nd in 2019.

so where does 17 pts per game in games lost rank among the league?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
its 21 games against the rest of NFL...that's not vaccum, perhaps you dont' understand the concept of a vaccum.

in a better context....31.4 ranks 2nd in 2020 and 2nd in 2019.

so where does 17 pts per game in games lost rank among the league?

I understand the concept just fine....but my point if you didn't understand it is that of yours wherein you the OP is taking 21 of Dak's career 69 games to try and create a narrative....which is a false narrative.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
So you don't respect anyone's opinion if they have the following quarterbacks ahead of Prescott heading in to next season?

Mahomes - arguably the top QB heading into next season.
Rodgers - one of the all time greats.
Brady - goat.
Wilson - Future Hall of Famer. Still producing the goods.
Allen - won 2 play off games with an average o line. Carried the team vs the Colts. In the mvp conversation last season.
Jackson - former mvp. Yes throwing limitations but never had an elite weapon or amazing oline.
Watson - carried a bad, poorly coached team without much talent. I'm not as high on him as some others but I don't think it's outrageous if people rate him higher than Prescott.

The above doesn't seem an unrealistic list of quarterbacks to have ahead of Prescott heading into next season and that doesn't even include Herbert who is a QB with huge scope next season.

People will downgrade Allen but he hasn't had the o line Prescott has had during his career and Allen only had a quality weapon last season in Diggs and showed what he could do. Also, his performance vs the Colts in the Play Offs was fantastic. Imo only Rodgers and Mahomes would have also won that game, Wilson may be as well. Mobility was key in addition to executing key throws when it mattered. I haven't seen Prescott perform to that level and win a game of that magnitude.
Correct.

Any wiggling you try to do to justify it is wrong. Tom Brady isn't nearly the QB Dak is right now, and that's not even getting into Allen, Jackson, Wilson's second half of 2020, or anything else.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Correct.

Any wiggling you try to do to justify it is wrong. Tom Brady isn't nearly the QB Dak is right now, and that's not even getting into Allen, Jackson, Wilson's second half of 2020, or anything else.

LOL....the same Tom Brady that just won the Super Bowl....isn't as good as Dak.....yeah, that just turned your position from arrogant to ignorant.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I understand the concept just fine....but my point if you didn't understand it is that of yours wherein you the OP is taking 21 of Dak's career 69 games to try and create a narrative....which is a false narrative.
that's not in a vaccum.

its a snap shot in time....that's something you yourself have done often, focusing only on 8-8 record in 2019. so is your narrative a false narrative as well?

blueblood70

Reaction score
For all of 2019 and the first 4 games of 2020 the Dak led offense has AVERAGED 31.45 points per game. That's great if not outstanding. Stop and think before you bring up the record which you haters always do. If an offense is averaging 31.45 pts per game and you're not winning, which side of the ball is to blame?

Stop it with the hater agenda driven non-sense.
ok hes bad you stepped into that one

EJK24

Reaction score
And this right here is the reason why we will never reach a SB. The Fans drink the kool-aid every single off-season. Every. Single. Offseason.

Putting the argument of Dak aside... can we really blame @Rockport and fans alike for us not reaching a superbowl?

I know some people think we should stop watching the product or spending any money on it and that will show Jerry that we are pissed off and it will force a change. Is that what your getting at?

For the sake of argument, let's say Jerry sees fans "not drinking the kool-aid" and he needs to change. He will never do this, but if he says okay, I need to hire a GM. Who is to say he hires someone that gets us to a SB?

I understand the frustration with our lack of success. I really do get it. This team drives me crazy at times with things they do/don't do (Free agency, trades, Garrett for a decade, hiring MM instead of Urban Meyer or a Matt Rhule, etc...) I just don't know that I can fathom hating the team or trashing everything they do. It defeats the purpose for me. Being a fan doesn't mean loving everything we do. I dislike alot of what we do but I still follow and hope for the best.

For the record, not telling you to drink the kool-aid and support them, but blaming guys like Rockport for us not winning a SB just feels like a bit of a stretch.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wow. That's a horrible analogy.

When you've been to 2 superbowls and won one of them, you are by default considered "great"
.......and you get a lot more passes than someone who hasn't won more than 1 playoff game.
So flacco. Great? Eli Manning great?

USArmyVet

Reaction score
that's not in a vaccum.

its a snap shot in time....that's something you yourself have done often, focusing only on 8-8 record in 2019. so is your narrative a false narrative as well?

So explain how my narrative os false when I am showing the offensive points scored per game average in ALL of Dak's career rather than just 30% of his career?

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Jimmy Garropolo led the 49ers to 30 ppg for a year before he got hurt.
Is he also "great"?

Jarod Goff topped them all by "leading" the Rams to 33 ppg in 2018.
So is Doesn't matter how many high and wide throws you make or big games you come up short. what is dak's stats in win or go home games and playoff games? I'd love to know that stat.
Jimmy Garropolo led the 49ers to 30 ppg for a year before he got hurt.
Is he also "great"?

Jarod Goff topped them all by "leading" the Rams to 33 ppg in 2018.
So is he "great"?
Doesn't matter how many high and wide throws you make or big games you come up short. what is dak's stats in win or go home games and playoff games? I'd love to know that stat. I bet it's not 30ppg. Probably more like 14 at best

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Correct.

Tom Brady? The goat? Come on man. You are correct. Tom will probably be 65 before he gets to Daks level.

Flamma

Reaction score
That is just like the original post in this thread using only 21 games of Dak's career (2019-2020) to create a narrative while excluding 2016-2018 and crediting Dak for the points per game while ignoring the rest of the offense.

Just another example of someone using a garbage statistic in order to mislead. Look at 2019. They averaged 27 PPG? Why were they 8-8? Their defense? No. Had Dallas actually scored 27 PPG their record would have been 12-3-1.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Come on man are you serious re TB12!?
Correct.

did you even watch the 2020 season? Brady threw 40 tds

Last edited: