Let's take the boards temperature

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;2403175 said:
I think we will start 3-0 after the BYE and do no worse than split (2-2) down the stretch.

Its either 10-6 or 9-7.

Ill go 10-6 to be optimistic.

We also need to start cheering for who ever is playing the Commanders & Eagles every week.

NO. I'm pulling for the eagles this week. Still holding out hope for the division and that almost can't happen if the giants don't lose 2 out of their next five.
At Phila should be one of those 2.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm pulling for 11-5 but I honestly believe we go no worse than 10-6. We're in the playoffs, either way.

Reaction score
The Optimism is overflowing on this thread.....

Ill have to bookmark and quote later... Oh wait..

We arent allowed by the regime...

aikemirv

Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2403227 said:
9-7

But will it get us into the playoffs????

If we are 9-7 it won't matter if we are in the playoffs!

I would be glad to be there but I will be out of hope at 9-7

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
11-5...even if what I've seen the past couple of weeks tells me otherwise! I'm keepin' the faith...

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2403213 said:
I'm pulling for 11-5 but I honestly believe we go no worse than 10-6. We're in the playoffs, either way.

I would have to agree with this.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
They will beat the Skins out of the bi-week and win against SF and Seattle. They will then lose to Pitt (Hard, physical team is exactly what causes this team to fold lately) beat New York in a close game, then beat the Ravens. That many wins will cause an inflated head with this group and they will get their butts whooped by the Eagles.

10-6

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
superpunk;2403155 said:
We lost to the Rams - badly.

Anything is possible.

I think this is a team that is capable of winning it all, and because of that they will beat some bad teams and they might even rip teams like the Steelers and Ravens - an out of conference opponent. But when the chips are down in tough divisional games, I can't see this team being led to victory by the stumbling, bumbling loser who coaches them now. He is what he is, I don't think it can be denied anymore.

That's subject to change - maybe the players find it in themselves to inspire themselves to be better than the sum of their parts week in and week out. But right now, I can't really see us winning more than 4 more games. It's going to take an MVP performance from Romo to even have a shot at 4 wins IMO.

Let me cheer you and the rest of the 9-7 bunch up.

If you look at the last 100 teams to start a season 5-4, you might find only a few to go on a serious run and win 6 or 7 of their remaining 7 games.

Doesn't happen often and in most years I wouldn't expect it.

But come on, even the most negative fan has to admitt that THIS team has a much better shot at winning 6 or 7 of its last 7 games than your average 5-4 team.

For every weak spot exasperated bythe negative fan to explain why we wont succeed in the second half, there is a valid reason(not excuse) for that negative that lies in injuries.

Oh the OL sucks.
Well the Oline is missing one starter for most of the season and playing with another and most critical member injured going back to Arizona.

Inept QB has excentuated the short comings of this OL.

Was anyone complaing about this OL the first 3 weeks?

Defense Sucks.

To be fair this defense has been without two key pieces for just about the whole season. Spencer and Newman.

How did this defense look against the Browns, Packers, Arizona and TB?
Can anyone denigh that our inept offense was the primary cause for its colaspe against the Rams and Giants.

After the bye we will have Romo, F. Jones, Witten, Adams and Koiser all back and realitively healthy.
Roy Williams will have had 5 weeks to learn our offense.

How can anyone denigh the fact that they are not chomping at the bit to see this offense?

How can anyone denigh the fact that this offense will give our defense all the support it needs? Rest, field postion, playing with a lead, etc.

How can anyone denigh that a healthly Newman at 100%(and he should be soon), changes the face of our defense?

How can anyone denigh that this team can win 6 to 7 more games?
Is traveling to DC or Pit more daunting a task than GB?

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
10-6, sqeak into the playoffs. Glad the Boys beat the Bucs already.

superpunk

Reaction score
sonnyboy I am not a negative fan.

And I won't even attempt to deny that this team CAN win 6-7 more games.

I simply have no confidence in the leadership to say that I am confident that they WILL win 6-7 more games.

But with Romo, anything is possible. He's that good - he can make an incompetent head coach look competent.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sonnyboy;2403364 said:
Let me cheer you and the rest of the 9-7 bunch up.

If you look at the last 100 teams to start a season 5-4, you might find only a few to go on a serious run and win 6 or 7 of their remaining 7 games.

Doesn't happen often and in most years I wouldn't expect it.

But come on, even the most negative fan has to admitt that THIS team has a much better shot at winning 6 or 7 of its last 7 games than your average 5-4 team.

For every weak spot exasperated bythe negative fan to explain why we wont succeed in the second half, there is a valid reason(not excuse) for that negative that lies in injuries.

Oh the OL sucks.
Well the Oline is missing one starter for most of the season and playing with another and most critical member injured going back to Arizona.

Inept QB has excentuated the short comings of this OL.

Was anyone complaing about this OL the first 3 weeks?

Defense Sucks.

To be fair this defense has been without two key pieces for just about the whole season. Spencer and Newman.

How did this defense look against the Browns, Packers, Arizona and TB?
Can anyone denigh that our inept offense was the primary cause for its colaspe against the Rams and Giants.

After the bye we will have Romo, F. Jones, Witten, Adams and Koiser all back and realitively healthy.
Roy Williams will have had 5 weeks to learn our offense.

How can anyone denigh the fact that they are not chomping at the bit to see this offense?

How can anyone denigh the fact that this offense will give our defense all the support it needs? Rest, field postion, playing with a lead, etc.

How can anyone denigh that a healthly Newman at 100%(and he should be soon), changes the face of our defense?

How can anyone denigh that this team can win 6 to 7 more games?
Is traveling to DC or Pit more daunting a task than GB?

I can't deny that your spelling needs work.

:laugh2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I just have a bad feeling we are headed to 7-9.

I cant even believe it as I am typing it.

Now like Many others I think with romo this offense can be off the charts down the stretch.

on the other side I think we have one of the worst 3rd down defenses I can remember.

Our penalties and lack of fundamentals is a sign of big problems and I dont think you can just stop doing that. but I hope we can.

Hoping for 11-5 but thinking 7-9 with the only wins being sf and baltimore.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
At WAS - key game of season, lose and you can forget playoffs - WIN
VS SF - WIN
VS SEA - WIN
AT PIT - LOSS
VS NYG - WIN
VS BAL - LOSS (we always lose to some first year quarterback who has a career day)
at PHI - LOSS

9-7, no playoffs

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Joe Realist;2403507 said:
At WAS - key game of season, lose and you can forget playoffs - WIN
VS SF - WIN
VS SEA - WIN
AT PIT - LOSS
VS NYG - WIN
VS BAL - LOSS (we always lose to some first year quarterback who has a career day)
at PHI - LOSS

9-7, no playoffs
:confused: 2006 we beat vince young, Matt Leinart, brad gradowski
in 2007 we beat trent edwards, tavaris jackson, matt moore
this year we beat Aaron Rodgers