This was a game i had as a toss up

its one of those teams we play once every four years

they could beat us 45-6
They cod beat us 24-22
We could win 38-25

who knows

MikeB80

Reaction score
Their power running game and excellent pass defense is the problem in this game. They have potential to win T.O.P. and get off the field on defense because of their pass defense and pass rush.

Jordan Phillips is a 6"6 340 pound Defensive Tackle with 7 sacks. They have ed oliver and star lotulelei and phillips inside which is going to be a problem for a team that just runs left behind the center and left guard constantly.

Hughes and Lawson outside should not be a problem for our tackles but smaller speed guys like Hughes have given smith some issues in the past.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Yes, every game.

Their entire offense is bad, including the run game. Just because they run a lot doesn't mean they're good at it. Gore is beyond washed and Singletary isn't a one-cut runner, he's the exact opposite of what the Cowboys struggle with.

The same was said about the Pats. "Their offense isn't great", "Their running game sucks". Guess what? We struggled heavily against them. You didn't bring up Allen. Our defense had trouble stopping JEFF DRISKEL. They will have a VERY hard time trying to stop Josh Allen. Cowherd brought up a good point yesterday. Our defense can't stop the run, nor do they pressure the QB enough. EVERY QB WE'VE FACED has been comfortable in the pocket. Think about it. Can't stop the run, QB is comfortable, what are we good at on defense?

On top of that, their defense is still formidable enough to shut down our offense, especially since I know OUR defense won't get turnovers and our ST won't help us get at least to the 50 yard line, so we will consistently start on our own 10 or 20 yard line. We may get in Bills territory a few times, those drives will likely end in field goals.

It's just the way the matchup goes, my friend....

John813

Reaction score
Their power running game and excellent pass defense is the problem in this game. They have potential to win T.O.P. and get off the field on defense because of their pass defense and pass rush.

Jordan Phillips is a 6"6 340 pound Defensive Tackle with 7 sacks. They have ed oliver and star lotulelei and phillips inside which is going to be a problem for a team that just runs left behind the center and left guard constantly.

Hughes and Lawson outside should not be a problem for our tackles but smaller speed guys like Hughes have given smith some issues in the past.

Phillips is someone I watched for 3.5~ years and always wondered why he couldn't dominate every game.
He could wreck an inside run/pass rush one game and then play terrible the next two games. Even next to Suh he couldn't really find his game. I guess the transition to the Bills with better coaching/culture got the best out of him.

Will be a FA next year.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Rod is atrocious against stopping mobile QB's. Allen is going to be flying all over the field.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They're a mystery to me as I've not seen anything but highlights but they've been quietly going about their business working on a team to compete with the best franchise in the league.
I am looking forward to seeing a team that I know so little about, they're 8-3, that's all I know. I remember when they drafted Josh Allen but have not kept up.

And I wonder what kind of motivation playing the Cowboys on TDay will be for the most unknown team, outside of Buffalo, with a winning record? This is actually their season debut to the nation and I think there will be a lot of people doing what I will be doing, trying to catch the name on the back of the jersey.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The same was said about the Pats. "Their offense isn't great", "Their running game sucks". Guess what? We struggled heavily against them. You didn't bring up Allen. Our defense had trouble stopping JEFF DRISKEL. They will have a VERY hard time trying to stop Josh Allen. Cowherd brought up a good point yesterday. Our defense can't stop the run, nor do they pressure the QB enough. EVERY QB WE'VE FACED has been comfortable in the pocket. Think about it. Can't stop the run, QB is comfortable, what are we good at on defense?

On top of that, their defense is still formidable enough to shut down our offense, especially since I know OUR defense won't get turnovers and our ST won't help us get at least to the 50 yard line, so we will consistently start on our own 10 or 20 yard line. We may get in Bills territory a few times, those drives will likely end in field goals.

It's just the way the matchup goes, my friend....
The Pats scored 13 points - 10 on drives that totaled 15 yards - and had less than 300 yards of offense lmao. Struggled has an implied value of bad, FYI.

The Cowboys pass rush is the best in the league. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

I don't need to bring up Josh Allen. He isn't very good and the weapons around him are poor. Driskel didn't do anything until the Cowboys played prevent up by 14 halfway through the 4th quarter.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Good d line. May overwhelm our offensive line at certain spots.

Edmunds looks good.

White is a legit corner.

Offensively they can run the ball. QB and both their running backs can generate yardage .

Brown is a good wr

Pretty much this. One of my good buddies is a Bills fan so I've watched probably half of their games and they're surprisingly better than you'd think they are. Josh Allen isn't great but he has his moments and isn't awful like I thought he'd be. John Brown is a little underrated. The offense doesn't seem super talented on paper but they get the job done. I still don't think they have the talent that we do but they don't play stupid.

MikeB80

Reaction score
They're a mystery to me as I've not seen anything but highlights but they've been quietly going about their business working on a team to compete with the best franchise in the league.
I am looking forward to seeing a team that I know so little about, they're 8-3, that's all I know. I remember when they drafted Josh Allen but have not kept up.

And I wonder what kind of motivation playing the Cowboys on TDay will be for the most unknown team, outside of Buffalo, with a winning record? This is actually their season debut to the nation and I think there will be a lot of people doing what I will be doing, trying to catch the name on the back of the jersey.

your last point is exactly right. Most people have not watched them at all because they have not played a nationally televised game yet.

They should be very motivated to put their names on the map to the whole country thursday. Then they play baltimore and New England again and will be talked about differently if they win this week. If the qb continues to improve they could be a team that no one wants to play...obviously that is baltimore but still...they have a real difficult group to deal with especially if it becomes about running the ball because of the weather.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I agree!!! Gore and Singletary can gash us. We haven't done great with the run all year and being without maybe our best run stuffer will hurt. Buffalo has an elite WR in John Brown...and sneaky good Cole Beasley. THEY WILL SHOW UP EXTRA MOTIVATED. We are foolish if we think otherwise.
Trystin Hill will save us.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"Let's talk about the Bills"

They're 8-3. We're 6-5. We haven't won against teams with winning records. They have a mobile QB and good running attack (aka, our defense's weakness). Their strong defense will make our offense crumble again. That's all you need to know about what will happen. 6-6 is imminent.
You mean we can just determine who wins or loses the rest of the games this year based on who currently has the better record? Damn, and I thought there was a reason to play the games.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You mean we can just determine who wins or loses the rest of the games this year based on who currently has the better record? Damn, and I thought there was a reason to play the games.

You are what your record says you are. Not saying you can strictly determine who will win or lose, but it strongly ties into who will win or lose. I'd put my money on the Bills. You'd be a fool to take the Cowboys here. Also, I listed the reasoning why the Bills will win. They're just not a good matchup for this team.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I saw them play once against Philly at home, and Philly did whatever they wanted. They looked small on defense. Ertz and Goedert were destroying them and nothing they could do to stop them.
I know Football Outsiders has had their defense as surprisingly average given their reputation.

They aren't to be overlooked, but they also aren't that great a team.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The Pats scored 13 points - 10 on drives that totaled 15 yards - and had less than 300 yards of offense lmao. Struggled has an implied value of bad, FYI.

The Cowboys pass rush is the best in the league. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

I don't need to bring up Josh Allen. He isn't very good and the weapons around him are poor. Driskel didn't do anything until the Cowboys played prevent up by 14 halfway through the 4th quarter.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Ignorance is bliss is all I have to say to this. Many people who have watched and analyzed in Bills on this thread are saying they are a true threat. Only you and a couple of others who continue to blindly optimize this team are downsizing the Bills.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
i bet he plays about 10 snaps unless buffalo is just killing Dallas in the run game and is forced on the field. Covington, bennett and collins I bet play all the DT snaps but a few.
I just want him to do something. Clap on the sidelines like Garrett.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You are what your record says you are. Not saying you can strictly determine who will win or lose, but it strongly ties into who will win or lose. I'd put my money on the Bills. You'd be a fool to take the Cowboys here. Also, I listed the reasoning why the Bills will win. They're just not a good matchup for this team.
And next week each team will be what its record says it is at that point, which will not be identical to what it is today. It changes from week to week, and you are acting as if how things stand this week locks every team in going forward. History doesn't remotely support that.

Aven8

Reaction score
I know Football Outsiders has had their defense as surprisingly average given their reputation.

They aren't to be overlooked, but they also aren't that great a team.

After the Jets debacle how we can overlook anyone would be crazy. JG is 4-5 on Turkey day as well.